July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

Woohoo... I still haven't done the laundry that should have been done last weekend, and I still have (fresh/clean) clothes to wear. Used to be I had enough outfits for a week, I wouldn't buy any more clothing than that thinking "oh, I'm going to lose weight..." but the past six months I've purchased quite a bit and can almost get thru two weeks (without repeating). I've run out of pants though, so tonight is the night.

I have my IPL appointment Friday, looking forward to it and hope it will make a noticeable difference, but pretty sure it's not going to remove 20+ years or 50+ pounds. A few broken capillaries will have to do.

I ordered a supplement to "block lectins" and I'm anxious to start taking it and see if it helps. I had a wet cough again this morning, first one in four or five days so it is much better, but can't figure out exactly what the trigger was, so hopefully a 'blocker' will make the difference.

My woohoo is that I had lunch with a coworker today and she told me that we haven't reached the halfway mark of summer vacation yet, which means my recent feelings of "summer is almost over" aren't as true as I thought they were - VERY good thing for this teacher :laughing:

we haven't reached the halfway mark of summer vacation yet, which means my recent feelings of "summer is almost over" aren't as true as I thought they were - VERY good thing for this teacher :laughing:
That gets a woohoo from this teacher too!!!:cheer2:
Other woohoos - I only have 11 miles left on my “walk to Disney”. And I’ll be in Magic Kingdom on Saturday!
:jumping1:

Woohoo I had a phone interview for a job that is 10 minutes from home. Double woohoo I have an in person interview for the job tomorrow. As an added bonus, while this isn't a job I ever would have foreseen myself doing, I won't be sitting on my butt all day which I appreciate.

Hello all,

So going back to work this week has really interrupted my chat time with you all!

Woohoo for yesterday - DD and I went to see Lion King. I have mixed feelings - that is all I will say as don't want to be a spoiler for others.

As good as I was feeling over my 2 week break about my efforts with exercise - is as Bad as I am feeling this week. The cooler weather has crept in and being a little more tired from working again has messed with my morning exercise routine. I have to turn this around and have a positive end of the month.

I thought I would share a couple of pics from our trip to the Zoo I mentioned last week - just to make you all jealous about our cuddles with Koalas and Kangaroos hehe. Hey, it might tempt you all to come visit Australia - even if we don't have a Disney Park... That is DD with the Koala and me with the Kangaroo - he was so soft patting him was amazing. And just when we thought things couldn't get any cuter we saw BABY Koalas. One mamma had twins on her (look closely at the third pic below for the 2 little faces) and then there was another little cutie practicing their tree climbing skills. Steve's family were doing the Croc show the day we were there, so saw Bindi and Robert feeding and 'playing' with the Crocodiles. I go over 10,000 steps on Zoo day - but that was a whole day of stop start walking - so wonder I struggle to get that many steps in on a daily basis!

I have been putting off my blood test - but enough is enough I am going to do it early next week - I just need to be prepared to deal with the outcome - but avoiding it won't make it go away. @*tinker*bell* your weight loss achievement is very inspiring and I just really need to commit to it and stop being that tourist we all talked about last week.

Attachments

• P1090313.JPG
    P1090313.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P1090339.JPG
    P1090339.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P1090358.JPG
    P1090358.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 9
  • P1090396.JPG
    P1090396.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 9

Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful for all our opportunities & experiences in life. I have the opportunity to share and learn from this wonderful group of people from around the world as we go on this journey of healthy living together. My family had the opportunity to spend a week at the beach last week with many of our close friends and my sisters family. I had the opportunity to hold my baby nephew on the beach while he napped. I had the opportunity to run on the boardwalk each morning last week. My husband and I had the opportunity to go out to dinner and a movie for our anniversary on Monday. My son had the opportunity to play basketball with the JV team as an incoming freshman last night. My kids had the opportunity to attend a free speed camp this summer and were evaluated yesterday. My son had the opportunity to go see Spider-Man last night with his uncle. My daughter and I have the opportunity to go see Lion King with my sister and nephews today. Our family has the opportunity to go to Disney next week. We have the opportunity to spend time with family more often now that everyone lives so close. Just so grateful!

@4Mickeys, thank you for sharing those pictures! What a fun day for both of you! My sister in law and her husband are taking a cruise to Australia and New Zealand this fall-wish we could have joined them but it didn’t work out.

tinkerbell, good luck on the job interview!

With our recent heat wave I am very grateful for our air conditioning. Temperatures are to hit upper 90s this weekend.

Hello all,

So going back to work this week has really interrupted my chat time with you all!

Woohoo for yesterday - DD and I went to see Lion King. I have mixed feelings - that is all I will say as don't want to be a spoiler for others.

As good as I was feeling over my 2 week break about my efforts with exercise - is as Bad as I am feeling this week. The cooler weather has crept in and being a little more tired from working again has messed with my morning exercise routine. I have to turn this around and have a positive end of the month.

I thought I would share a couple of pics from our trip to the Zoo I mentioned last week - just to make you all jealous about our cuddles with Koalas and Kangaroos hehe. Hey, it might tempt you all to come visit Australia - even if we don't have a Disney Park... That is DD with the Koala and me with the Kangaroo - he was so soft patting him was amazing. And just when we thought things couldn't get any cuter we saw BABY Koalas. One mamma had twins on her (look closely at the third pic below for the 2 little faces) and then there was another little cutie practicing their tree climbing skills. Steve's family were doing the Croc show the day we were there, so saw Bindi and Robert feeding and 'playing' with the Crocodiles. I go over 10,000 steps on Zoo day - but that was a whole day of stop start walking - so wonder I struggle to get that many steps in on a daily basis!

I have been putting off my blood test - but enough is enough I am going to do it early next week - I just need to be prepared to deal with the outcome - but avoiding it won't make it go away. @*tinker*bell* your weight loss achievement is very inspiring and I just really need to commit to it and stop being that tourist we all talked about last week.
Awwww... what wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing.

Woohoo I had a phone interview for a job that is 10 minutes from home. Double woohoo I have an in person interview for the job tomorrow. As an added bonus, while this isn't a job I ever would have foreseen myself doing, I won't be sitting on my butt all day which I appreciate.
Hope it turns out to be something you'll really enjoy.

Today I'm thankful for this group, I look forward to checking in hearing what everyone is up to and getting inspired by y'all. I'm thankful for another cool drizzly morning (even though it is July), because over all we're teetering on drought conditions, so any little bit of moisture helps. I'm thankful that the new skirt I ordered came yesterday (and fits), so I did not have to do laundry last night (in my defense, I stayed in the office late for a meeting which put me into the peek commute window, I think I got home at 7:45pm).

I'm thankful...

That the rain is supposed to be gone before the weekend (we're planning a cookout)
and that it's almost corn on the cob season here - first one since DS got his braces off!

That DH's friend was able to come over and finished the trim work on my back porch slider!!!

That I got together with my friend & her kids today -
at a new ice cream place 🍨🍦🍧 with cute animals. 🐐🐎🐄🐑

@4Mickeys those photos are SO cute! I have family in Australia, my Grandfather was born and raised in Melbourne but from all the stories I've heard I'm a bit terrified of all the creepy crawlies. One day I will do a cruise around the country and I'd like to visit the school my Grandfather went to.

I am thankful for a very good day today. I got my grocery shopping done, took the boys on a playdate, and had a great interview, they are calling my references tomorrow and said they will be in contact with next steps. I'm really excited about this opportunity. It's not something I ever saw myself doing but I think I will enjoy it. I do feel guilty about leaving the kids all day, but I believe it will make me a better mom when I am with them.

@4Mickeys those photos are SO cute! I have family in Australia, my Grandfather was born and raised in Melbourne but from all the stories I've heard I'm a bit terrified of all the creepy crawlies....I do feel guilty about leaving the kids all day, but I believe it will make me a better mom when I am with them.

I'm with you on the creepy crawlies! DS saw one of those "deadliest animals" specials and took to calling Australia "the death continent". :rotfl:

And you just have to know yourself about the working or not thing. I stayed home when DS was little because I would have been a horrible working mom. - I just would have been a stressed out all the time. My good friend works for exactly the same reason - she needs the structure of working, and would have been a mess staying home. As long as you're truly comfortable with your decision, your kids will be too.

Last edited:
Free for All Friday.jpg Happy Friday, everyone!

Keep the free-for-all discussion going, and we'll pick up regular topics next week with HappyGrape!

Hello Friday... this week just flew by.

The weather is supposed to warm up over the weekend, but after the IPL treatment today I know I'll have to be very protective about sun exposure, so I might be seeing some movies this weekend. And I guess household chores (like laundry...) will keep me indoors out of the sun.

Happy Weekend everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter