July 25 - 30th Day 5

Disneylovers

DIS Veteran
Friday, our last full day in California, our last full day in Disney, sniff! We had such a taste for pancakes, and with IHOP at the Main Gate, well, we couldn't resist! I was surprised at how quickly they moved people, and how large that IHOP is.

With our tummies full of pancakes, we got in line for DL, again, the lines are super long! Our first priority today is to ride Splash Mountain, we haven't ridden it yet this trip. We headed to Critter Country, and we discovered the ride is not operational. No FP are being handed out, bummer! So, we visited the 999 spirits in the Haunted Mansion, and when we exit, we can hear the screams from Splash, so we hurry to get our FP. There's a line, to get a FP! Now, they couldn't have been open more than 15 minutes, where did all these people come from? So, we got our FP for 2:55 (it's like, 10:00) then we hopped on the DL RR for a "scenic tour" getting off at Tomorrowland. The wait time for Space Mountain was 60 minutes, well, last night, it was posted 90 and we were on the ride in 65, so, it figures it will be less time, right? WRONG! It went down, not once, but twice while we were in line. The second time, a CM explained to the family in front of us (who were getting a little scared about this ride going down so often - they had never ridden it before) that they only have 8 seconds to unload passengers, and 8 seconds to load a new group of passengers. You get a pokey person, the car does not leave the "loading dock" and the computer shuts the ride down, and it takes about 15 minutes to "reset" it. So for all of you out there, move quickly!!!! So, again, we were in line for 65 minutes, and rode the ride all the way through this time.

Grabbed a FP for Buzz, (also for 2:55) rode Matterhorn, then worked our way across the park, looking for a place to eat lunch. We settled on the River Belle Terrace, then it was time for our Splash FP. Well, as our luck would have it, the ride was down again. They told us our FP would be honored all day, so we rode the train back to Tomorrowland to use our FP for Buzz. We decided the crowds were too much, so we headed over to DCA.

The place was deserted compared with DL! Headed for ToT, which was a walk on, then walked back to Screamin', another walk on! My silly family did Maliboomer again, Little Legs asked for the Jellyfish again, so I went on it again (no one else wanted to), then she asked for the "rockets" (Golden Zephyr) and the "swings" (Orange Stinger). Everyone wanted to go on Screamin' again, but we noticed it wasn't running, so we headed out of that area.

The wait for Grizzly was about an hour, we decided we didn't feel like standing that long, so we passed. Soarin' was "not operational" either, so we decided for an ice cream break. When we were done, we caught sight of a couple of CM's in business attire, one with a walkie talkie, the other with a cell phone, heading, quite intently, in the direction of the back of the park. DH commented, "That doesn't look good". We stopped in the shop for me to pick up my keychain for my keychain collection and my Golden Ears, I HAD to get them, and as we got out of the shop, we noticed 4 helicopters buzzing overhead. We looked at each other and said "Somethings up", but what? Screamin' wasn't running as we left the back of that area, was something wrong?

We went into DL, noticed there's now 6 helicopters overhead. Everyone's looking up (they were still letting people into DCA as we left). We grabbed a box of popcorn and I had to try a churro. Headed toward Splash, it's working! Rode Pirates, then grabbed a Dole Whip, which I shared with everyone. We were amused by this one CM directing traffic "Fireworks, main street, exit, to the right, to the left, all other lands" he broke into Spanish, except for the "all other lands" which he didn't know/hadn't learned so it came out in English (we were tired, it amused us). We snaked our way back to see what the time for Space was, it was 110 minutes, No way! I suggested we watch the fireworks one last time. Our first spot was completely blocked by those lovely trees, but we shifted and had a good view of the fireworks. We hurried back to our hotel to watch the news and learned why we saw so many helicopters, because of the Screamin' accident. Started packing, heck, almost completed our packing. Tomorrow we must leave, sniff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter