July 25 - 30th Day 2

Disneylovers

DIS Veteran
Flush with success at posting day 1, I'll move on to Day 2!!

Both our girls (Princess, 17 and Little Legs, 12) had events to skate at today. Little Legs had to be in Yorba Linda at 8:00, and given the amount of traffic we experienced yesterday, the thought of leaving our hotel when it was still dark did cross my mind! The clerk at check in advised we give ourselves about an hour for a twenty minute (according to Maquest) trip. We discovered that the Mapquest people must enjoy the fact that u-turns are permitted in California, their direction were wrong so ofter, we were constantly making them!
We got Little Legs to the rink in time, she skated well, earned a 1st place medal, then we had to figure out what to do until 2:00, when Princess had to be in Lakewood. We headed back "home" and drove to Downtown Disney, figuring we'd leave from there and go directly to Princess' event. They let me loose in the World of Disney store, where I bought my scrapbook right away, along with a few other things (on our trip to WDW last year, I waited to buy my scrapbook until the end of the trip, and wouldn't you know it, they were sold out of the one I wanted, and I had to order it from Merchandising when I got home. I learned my lesson!)
We got to Lakewood, Princess did a great job and earned her 1st place medal too! We then decided to take a trip to the beach, any beach. Well, DH wanted Laguna Beach, so we drove up Pacific Coast Highway with the Official Album of the Disneyland Resort (which I just purchased) blasting in the car's CD player. Little Legs can now join the rest of the family in saying she swam in the Pacific Ocean, as well as the Atlantic. We drove back to Anaheim, with another stop at Downtown Disney for supper. It was about 7:30, I figured we'll be waiting forever for a table, but when we went to Naples, we were seated, upstairs, immediately! Little Legs was upset, they didn't have chicken french fries, so she refused to eat. Princess had the pizza, DH the lasagna, I had the salad, Little Legs, well, she didn't eat anything, she'll show us! On our way back to our car, the fireworks started, so we stopped to watch them, then got "home" and into bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter