**July 2020**

I ordered the specialty magic bands for my July trip back in October or November and received them already. I cancelled my trip (it would probably have been cancelled anyway (July 7-15). Am I stuck with these magic bands now?
You can use them on a future trip.

We are set to arrive the night of July 14th starting our 10 day park package the 15th, just waiting to hear the details from Disney and also the travel restrictions from our state 😬

:earsboy: Joining this party as we anxiously await more information. We're supposed to be arriving at ASMovies on July 10 and leaving July 15. 🤞 Fingers crossed that our hotel reservation doesn't get cancelled and that can we secure park reservations. 🏰 We're going Discovery Cove, Sea World, and Wizarding World of Harry Potter while we're there, so we're planning to be in Orlando, regardless. :earboy2:

Last edited:
We just changed our reservations from all star movies booked with a travel agent to renting DVC points. I now have a split stay with 3 nights being at boardwalk in a studio and 2 nights for when my sister and her family joins us in a 2 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Kidani. I did not want to wait and see if we got cancelled. Hopefully being in a DVC room and having annual passes we will get some park time.

Have not yet received my dining plan refund yet.

BUT, when I called to check on the timing of that (knowing full well they likely would not know), the message at the start of the call did say that they can now modify reservations with arrival dates starting today (6/5) through 6/21. After hearing that I stayed on the line to see if there was any Disney magic that could happen with my trip.

There was not, as she got the notification of the availability of modifications literally in the middle of our call. So things are still coming in to them at random times...

Anyway, unfortunately still a lot of non-answers but thought this info might be helpful to some...

ETA: I was able to order my magic bands today...

Last edited:
6/5 or 7/5? Can't imagine anyone for those June's dates assuming you meant june would be able to get anything for july with reservations on hold till they get currently held reservations situated.

6/5 or 7/5? Can't imagine anyone for those June's dates assuming you meant june would be able to get anything for july with reservations on hold till they get currently held reservations situated.

The message said "they were happy to help modify reservations that were originally arriving between today and June 21st of 2020".

🤷‍♀️

We've decided to cancel our July 15-24th trip... it was for my daughter's 13th bday, and we've been planning it for 2 years. I was fine rolling the dice & going as part of the first group of visitors back in the park, but since the lack of information coming from Disney about us in this initial group is beyond frustrating. My daughter doesn't want to go if she can't have the same Disney experience. I'm super disappointed.

I thought Disney would release details to those of us with reservations in July within a couple days of the re-opening announcement. How can we commit to a trip for thousands of dollars, and not know what we're committing too? We also JUST bought AP's in March right before the shut down... also waiting to hear some final numbers on that before we decide if we'll extend or take the refund.

We’re canceling as well. We had a July 7-12 trip that obviously can’t happen, but frustrated that the only communication we’ve had from Disney is the 5/29 email about the dining plan being taken off our reservation (which still hasn’t happened).

Ready to start planning a trip for next year, but going to hold off booking anything until the fall or so, so we can get an idea of how things are going in the parks once they open, and what we can expect next year.

We planned to go when Disney first announced the reopening date, but with all the changes and restrictions we decided to cancel. Having Stormalong Bay be closed when we were planning to stay at Yacht Club just confirmed that decision. No idea when we'll be back at this point. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not planning a WDW trip! I hope those of you who end up going are able to have good trips despite the circumstances.

I hope Disney starts taking pre-orders for Premium Magic Bands soon... I only have 9 more days to order for them to ship to my home. It's not a huge deal since I already have a bunch of magic bands, but I'd still like another one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter