**July 2020**

Just checked in our MDE and our package now reads recovery 20 Disney resort hotel package it no longer reads the bounce back Disney dining plan. I will be calling tomorrow to cancel to get our full refund. We will probably try to book for next May as I really don't know that the rest of this year will be what we're looking for as a family.

All my FPs are gone, together with all my DS ADRs but my in park ADRs remain. Still no e mail. And resort reservations still showing 1 to 19 July.

I canceled and rescheduled for December. My state would make me self quarantine for 14 days after and I can’t do that. Oh well.
I live in New Mexico and they require a quarantine when returning.I am wondering if they will lift it by July.

I have a room only reservation at OKW for 7/07-7/13. We are AP holders. I’m going to hold onto the reservation for now to see what happens. Maybe there will be early AP park days. All of my FPs are gone and most of my ADRs for both July and September...and dang, did that hurt. :sad:

I officially switched our July vacation to Universal. I’m bummed but at this point a Universal Vaca is sounding better than a Disney one (I can’t believe those words just came out of my mouth).. :crazy2: There’s just too many unknowns for this Disney trip...one of them being if we’ll even be able to get into the parks for the second half of our trip. While my loving husband would be happy lounging around doing nothing...I’m not so great at it.

I‘ll be keeping the Disney reservation until the last minute (assuming Disney doesn’t cancel it first). I want to see how the park reservation system will work (especially since we have a trip coming up in early Sept). I hope everyone with July trips still gets the opportunity to go and that it’s a magical vacation.

So I called Disney this morning to cancel our vacation package which were dates July 18th through July 26th. We were originally a free diningbounce back and it been changed to the resort disount with 35% off. My call was answered after about 5 minutes of waiting and I talked with a wonderful young man, I don't remember his name and he was fine with canceling my trip until he noticed I had paid for trip insurance and said that I would not get that back and that in his honest opinion if he was me he would wait till another month to see what changes Disney has with modifying their packages, so I could simply move to new dates and not lose my trip insurance money. He was very kind, so I did not cancel yet and we will monitor and hopefully maybe we will be allowed to make modifications in the next few weeks where I can reschedule this for the future and not lose the $253 I paid for in trip insurance.

As of right now we’ve decided to keep our July reservation. We are currently booked 7/18-7/20 at the Contemporary and the 7/20 - 7/25 at the Poly. I’m hopeful both resorts are open as these are dream resorts and we will never be able to stay here again as long as the kids are young.

Has anyone completed online check in? Does anyone think that there is any advantage in doing so?

We are AP holders and were going to go July 4 but my TA said we needed to move our dates. We scored a confirmed DVC reservation at Vero Beach. Only a 2 hour drive from home. We will be in Disney again in July 22-26 and my sister will be joining us 7/24-7/26. Currently booked at All star movies. Now wishing I would have kept my original reservation at the cabins. I am worried we will get moved to a different hotel and I don't want my sister to be at a different one since it is their first time. I also am worried we wont get the same park days the ONE day she has a ticket for.

As of right now we’ve decided to keep our July reservation. We are currently booked 7/18-7/20 at the Contemporary and the 7/20 - 7/25 at the Poly. I’m hopeful both resorts are open as these are dream resorts and we will never be able to stay here again as long as the kids are young.
Good luck 🍀! Side note I love your avatar😄best pooh and tigger ever!

Online check in and room request? Is that something we are still doing or should we wait for more anncouments? Or are you assuming room request will be lost in the shuffle of the chaos?

Online check in and room request? Is that something we are still doing or should we wait for more anncouments? Or are you assuming room request will be lost in the shuffle of the chaos?
A made a room request through Touring Plans. I haven’t clicked the online check in button yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter