July 2020 Car Rental Thread

I have a Chevy suburban or similar from July 30th to August 8th with budget rental cars at mco for $651.17 booked with Expedia.

I have intermediate SUV for 11 days starting on July 28 with Alamo picking up at the Car Care Center and drop off at MCO. Booked through Costco for $396.00
I have intermediate SUV through Costco for 8 days starting 7/14 and I'm paying $315. Sounds like our rates are similar. I usually pay less than this but I'm sure they are keeping higher rates to help with additional cleaning and loss of revenue during the shutdown.

Wow, I just checked with Alamo and you cannot rent a minivan or Intermediate SUV or full size van starting July 10th for any of the dates I randomly tried up to the end of the month. Not available for pickup at the airport or Disney car care. I also tried starting the 11th and 12th. I wonder if the NBA or MLS rented them all.

Wow, I just checked with Alamo and you cannot rent a minivan or Intermediate SUV or full size van starting July 10th for any of the dates I randomly tried up to the end of the month. Not available for pickup at the airport or Disney car care. I also tried starting the 11th and 12th. I wonder if the NBA or MLS rented them all.
I wonder if more people are renting cars so that they can avoid Magical Express and Resort transportation.

We had to change our dates slightly for mid July and the prices are just insane. We are staying off property for two nights and then driving to Vero Beach so we have to rent a car. It is the most we will have ever paid.

We had to change our dates slightly for mid July and the prices are just insane. We are staying off property for two nights and then driving to Vero Beach so we have to rent a car. It is the most we will have ever paid.
Prices are very steep right now. I changed my trip by a day and had to go through Budget on the Costco site instead of Alamo because they were a lot cheaper. Still more than I have ever paid though.

My rate went down by about $30 yesterday. Rates for Alamo and Budget were down through Costco.

Updated mine... switched from enterprise to Avis... added a day (So i can pack up the day prior) and still saved $85. Went through Costco. $585 for 10 day rental for a minivan. 4 adults, and an almost 6 year old :)

@chaoskids How did this work? Haven't thought about the crossover... we're traveling with 4 adults and an almost 6 year old

**just checked and crossover option isn't available where we are**

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter