July 2020 Car Rental Thread

livibug

Mouseketeer
Since I didnt see one.. I'll start..

Way early.. but you never know.. rental prices seem crazy everywhere

July 7-18 Alamo (MCO) via Costco Intermediate SUV $569 (booked 2-1-20) 11 days / $52day

Lets see how they fluctuate over the next few months

Last edited:
No luck here finding a decent rate for July. Looking for a minivan or a large SUV

Just booked with Alamo a compact 10 days for $466. Hope some codes come out.

I was able to get a Suburban for 10-days for $639 through carrentalsavers.com through dollar but looking for a better deal. It's a start....

Had to switch our trip to July so our decent rate for June had to be cancelled.... Searching for a minivan or an SUV to fit 4 adults/ 1 5 year old in a car seat. So far Costco has a rate of $569 for a Ford Edge or a $726 for a minivan through enterprise. Hubby wants to stick with enterprise. Avis rate is cheaper though at $598 for same minivan.....

Edited*. We booked through costco for a 10 day minivan rental for $665....

Last edited:
I just started looking for car rentals for our July 25-Aug 2 trip. We have 2 adults and 4 kids (12 and 13 year olds. I initially booked a Full size SUV with Alamo through Costco travel for $550 (drop off and pick up at MCO) but checked last night for drop off at the car care center and was able to get a minivan for $315 with the same pick up date but drop off at the car care center on the 1st. Most of reservation is at Pop but I booked the last night at Beach Club because we've never stayed there and I think the kids will love the pool so dropping the car off a day early won't be an issue.

I just started looking for car rentals for our July 25-Aug 2 trip. We have 2 adults and 4 kids (12 and 13 year olds. I initially booked a Full size SUV with Alamo through Costco travel for $550 (drop off and pick up at MCO) but checked last night for drop off at the car care center and was able to get a minivan for $315 with the same pick up date but drop off at the car care center on the 1st. Most of reservation is at Pop but I booked the last night at Beach Club because we've never stayed there and I think the kids will love the pool so dropping the car off a day early won't be an issue.
The mini van price with car care center return seems like a great price. I have a standard size 7/16-23 for $320 with alamo. Last year I paid $200 for a week in June. Not sure if the price will come down or not.

hopefully they'll go down! : ) Mine is from Texas... and returning at the same location. That's why its 10 days to provide with travel time :).

We found that it was $200 cheaper to return a car to the Dolphin (alamo) a day earlier than to return it to MCO the day we were flying out.

We found that it was $200 cheaper to return a car to the Dolphin (alamo) a day earlier than to return it to MCO the day we were flying out.

My quote was about $50 less using this method but our dates are in when MLS will be staying there so it lists the Dolphin as closed. Dropping off at the car care center did get similar rates though.

Premium crossover seats 7, Alamo July 12-22. $455.xx with Costco. We’re very happy with this rate. Minivans are a lot higher.

July 8-17, Ford Mustang Convertible (or similar). $455.xx from Enterprise at the Car Care Center.

According to Disney's site, Enterprise isn't at the CCC. Since they own Alamo & National, I'm guessing there is something going on with restructuring.

Edit to add: Hours according to Enterprise are 8am-5pm for both my Wednesday pickup and Friday dropoff. Different than the hours Disney lists of 7am to 7pm for weekdays. Shorter COVID hours I assume.

July 8-17, Ford Mustang Convertible (or similar). $455.xx from Enterprise at the Car Care Center.

According to Disney's site, Enterprise isn't at the CCC. Since they own Alamo & National, I'm guessing there is something going on with restructuring.

Edit to add: Hours according to Enterprise are 8am-5pm for both my Wednesday pickup and Friday dropoff. Different than the hours Disney lists of 7am to 7pm for weekdays. Shorter COVID hours I assume.
It is shorter hours in face it closes at 5pm
They will no longer give me the rate they quoted for the next day. And want to charge me more. I am not pleased with enterprise.

I now have Intermediate SUV reserved 7/16-7/23 through Costco site $309 with Budget. I usually use Alamo but the cheapest I can find through them is $340 for fullsize. I usually have a coupon I can use for alamo but can't seem to find anything this year.

I have intermediate SUV for 11 days starting on July 28 with Alamo picking up at the Car Care Center and drop off at MCO. Booked through Costco for $396.00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter