July 2018 Car Rental Watch

Kidanifan08

DIS Veteran
It's never too early to start shopping for summer vacation car rentals! I have been watching July 2018 for a couple of months. I generally like to rent from MCO round-trip to keep things simple, so I don't spend much time looking at other options, other than perhaps the CCC or Dolphin.

We are going to be at WDW for 11 days in mid-July. The best deal I have found, so far, for an economy car was through Budget. I booked through Costco Travel and got a rate of $339 for an 11-day rental. I like Costco Travel, since a second driver is included at no cost. I booked the reservation on 11/1 and have not seen anything better since then! In years past, I usually got good rates when booking our WDW summer trip in early December, but not this year. I'll keep watching, but I fear this may be the best I can do. I have done 14-day rentals in the past for less than this!!

I saved over $200 for my June 2018 rental (through Costco) by picking it up at the Hilton near Disney instead of at MCO. We will take DME to our resort and then DH will Uber it to pick up the car. Same but reversed going home. Check it out.

I saved over $200 for my June 2018 rental (through Costco) by picking it up at the Hilton near Disney instead of at MCO. We will take DME to our resort and then DH will Uber it to pick up the car. Same but reversed going home. Check it out.

Thanks for the tip. At this point, renting from one of the places close to WDW only saves me about $40. Not worth the inconvenience at this point, but I'll keep watching. I'm hoping things will drop a little after the new year, but who knows.

We have a Standard from Alamo through Costco for 7/2-7/15 at $489 picking up and dropping off at MCO. I'm hoping it comes down in price, but we went ahead and budgeted for that price so any drop would be a bonus.

Does anyone have any promo codes yet? What is the Costco one? Do they ask for Costco id when picking up?

Does anyone have any promo codes yet? What is the Costco one? Do they ask for Costco id when picking up?
I've never had to show my Costco card when I pick up the car but when you book through Costco they do ask for your membership number.

We found it was cheaper to buy the costco membership and rent a car than it was to just rent the car. The closest one to us is two hours away, and we keep a membership just for rental cars.

Planning a 9-day vacation in July and think we will need a mini-van, as our group includes a senior who will have a manual wheelchair. Anyone have advice on what companies might have good deals for minivans? Or, could 6 adult-sized people fit in an SUV? Have never rented a mini-van and finding it's pretty pricey. Best I've found so far is about $700 for the 9 days. Welcome any input!!

Planning a 9-day vacation in July and think we will need a mini-van, as our group includes a senior who will have a manual wheelchair. Anyone have advice on what companies might have good deals for minivans? Or, could 6 adult-sized people fit in an SUV? Have never rented a mini-van and finding it's pretty pricey. Best I've found so far is about $700 for the 9 days. Welcome any input!!
Do you have a Costco membership? I just arbitrarily put in the dates of 7/14-7/22 and a mini van is about $500.

Do you have a Costco membership? I just arbitrarily put in the dates of 7/14-7/22 and a mini van is about $500.

Darn it, we don't. I do have BJs, which is where I found the $700-ish rate with Alamo. I have heard rates are constantly in flux, so I'll keep checking. Thanks for looking!

Plug in your dates @ autoslash for a quote. They will monitor your dates & let u know when/if prices drop. They don't always produce the best deal but another tool to use.

When did rentals get so expensive - haven't been to Orlando for a few years, but don't think I've ever paid more than $25/day for a full-size. Looking at more than double that this year.

Booked directly with Alamo, 7/31-8/8, Standard Size SUV, on Jan 25
$480.41
EMA6DMJCRv3DOIaUfAwCrSwYCUmGMWkjZatSHYfZmwGsqu1wlyYaRGNhThsXBRH7j7ZMSvBIhSb06fzRS_ynWjiQMLh-OHESnIB_8a_OxlqjQU6SXz33zoKhm2uNrTQ2cFKBWUvSYjfB0fxQo7qlOqiT8QBB3nfxtBVFyyZmWV-chmbSYs2hscMgCL6CEQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Today, I searched using AutoSlash and found a listing on Priceline for Alamo
$439.93
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016350
Coupon Code: AD8698SDF
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "Visa" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I signed up for Price Tracking with Auto Slash and I already received an update:
$395.75
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016136
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "AMEX" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I canceled the first price tracking and will sign up again for this conf# & cost since the service is already paying off. Hope this helps everyone on the hunt.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that the rates went up for Alamo? Yesterday it was $301 for standard for my week, now its $421!!!!! Going the wrong way! :(

Has anyone ever used Priceline? I want to, but get the impression that all sales are final, and non refundable. True?

Booked directly with Alamo, 7/31-8/8, Standard Size SUV, on Jan 25
$480.41
EMA6DMJCRv3DOIaUfAwCrSwYCUmGMWkjZatSHYfZmwGsqu1wlyYaRGNhThsXBRH7j7ZMSvBIhSb06fzRS_ynWjiQMLh-OHESnIB_8a_OxlqjQU6SXz33zoKhm2uNrTQ2cFKBWUvSYjfB0fxQo7qlOqiT8QBB3nfxtBVFyyZmWV-chmbSYs2hscMgCL6CEQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Today, I searched using AutoSlash and found a listing on Priceline for Alamo
$439.93
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016350
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "Visa" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I signed up for Price Tracking with Auto Slash and I already received an update:
$395.75
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016136
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "AMEX" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I canceled the first price tracking and will sign up again for this conf# & cost since the service is already paying off. Hope this helps everyone on the hunt.

AMEX = Paying with an American Express credit card

Has anyone ever used Priceline? I want to, but get the impression that all sales are final, and non refundable. True?

Yes I have. Unless you are bidding (offering x $ per day + taxes & fees), no CC is required for standard reservations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!