July 2013 car rentals

You know that saying - "Insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result."??

It DOES NOT apply to car rental searching!!! :rotfl2:

I just bested my great Dollar rate with an Alamo rental. Now I don't have to pay an additional driver fee (I'm an Insider). Details:

7/23 3:30pm - 8/1 1:30 pm 9 day fullsize rental

$173.09 all in - Dollar w/AAA discount

$161.38 all in - Alamo w/Insider login discount & $30 off coupon (United AD2492ACX on the Alamo website or Visa AD2338FDF from who knows where; I went w/United)

You know that saying - "Insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result."??

I just bested my great Dollar rate with an Alamo rental. Now I don't have to pay an additional driver fee (I'm an Insider). Details:

$161.38 all in - Alamo w/Insider login discount & $30 off coupon (United AD2492ACX on the Alamo website or Visa AD2338FDF from who knows where; I went w/United)

Awesome deal!

I just tried and my 5 day rental came to $200. That's with insider and the $30 coupon. Bummer! I'm at $129 w dollar. Hubby will be enjoying my chauffeur service in Florida lol

Dollar is fickle. I'm holding at my 100/week for a full size, picking it up tomorrow. Checking it today, it's up to 115/week.

Looking at budget standard (Nissan Altima) 5 days for $111 total for the pay now rate, fast break member. That's almost 100 less than the national I was holding and 15 less than dollar. I think I'm gonna do it!

I used code MUWZ032 for 25 off and prepaid.

What a fun ride this has been!

[
WOW dollar accepts a aaa discount
I have aaa but do not know where to put the aaa number for a discount?

The AAA code is different depennding on which AAA club you belong to. Here is a link to the list on the Dollar site:

http://www.dollar.com/Business/D4BMain/Corporate/AAA_CAA_CD_Numbers.aspx

I am a member of the Chicago Motor Club so I used that corprate code (CD#).

[
WOW dollar accepts a aaa discount
I have aaa but do not know where to put the aaa number for a discount?

You can look up the Corporate code for your chapter at the previously posted link and enter it in the Corporate box. Sometimes it gives a better price than the City Special or the 5C11M code.

[snip]

[snip]

$161.38 all in - Alamo w/Insider login discount & $30 off coupon United AD2492ACX on the Alamo website

Rebooked Alamo tonight. Same as above, but now $159.52

How low can you go ... How low can you go! :drive:

Tried to start online check in for Alamo. Joined insider or whatever program they have. Insider number on reservation but when I get to second driver part it says $9.99 a day??? I thought that joining the insider program gave you 2nd driver free. I stopped checking in because I did not want to get charged? Am I missing something?

FINAL REPORT:

Flew into Tampa on Weds, picked up our Midsize SUV from Alamo. Snagged a $212 rate (for Weds-Weds rental) a few days before. Ended up with an orange Jeep Liberty (29K miles, but very clean and new looking/smelling). Very happy with the size of it - tons of space for suitcases in the trunk.

I was surprised to see how few choices there were at the Tampa airport, in each category. Most categories only had 3-4 parking spaces. But then I'm used to MCO where the companies seem much larger. We had 2 SUVs to choose from, and both were Jeep Libertys. We chose the orange one (well, it's rusty orange) because it would be easier to spot in a parking lot than the black one.

We're enjoying the Gulf beaches this morning, and off for a short jaunt to WDW Sunday and Monday. Can't wait!

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter