July 1st, 2020 12-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles Cruise

just booked...I got the last 4 passenger room on the ship...(unassigned ugh)...waiting for a cabin with balcony hopefully will become available...grandchildren 15 and 8 at time of cruise...and my daughter...so excited
Welcome aboard!

Hello! Please add us to the FE group. We just booked and are so excited. This will be our 5th Disney cruise and first time doing one overseas!
Will do. This probably won’t get too much traction until later in the year, but I’d be happy to organize it. We had a great group on our DVC Member Cruise last year.

Anybody been to Sardinia before? This port is a bit less traveled than the other ones. I’m torn between the Costa Smerelda tour or one of the beach trips...

I'm curious about Sardinia too!! I can't find much information about it at all. We're hoping for a relaxing beach day, family friendly with snacks & beverages available. : ) Some lounge chairs and towels would be nice too. :sunny:

I'm curious about Sardinia too!! I can't find much information about it at all. We're hoping for a relaxing beach day, family friendly with snacks & beverages available. : ) Some lounge chairs and towels would be nice too. :sunny:
I'm waiting to find out as well. This port is definitely the most "mysterious" from a familiarity standpoint...

ALSO, I recently heard 7+ night cruises get fireworks on two nights. I heard one is on Pirate night. When is the other one? There were no fireworks on our first cruise so I'm really looking forward to this!
We did a 12 night Med sailing in 2103 and they did do fireworks but but it was only once. It is my understanding that the Frozen night is only on the Alaska and Northern Europe sailings.

I’m on the 6/13 Med cruise and I have been scouting these boards for port excursion ideas!

I’m on the 6/13 Med cruise and I have been scouting these boards for port excursion ideas!
[/QUOTE]
Which ports does that one have? Happy to share what I’ve found!

[/QUOTE]
Thank you! We start and end in “Rome”. Then it’s Sicily, Crete, “Athens”, Mykonos, Santorini, Naples.

Thank you! We start and end in “Rome”. Then it’s Sicily, Crete, “Athens”, Mykonos, Santorini, Naples.
[/QUOTE]

My traveling group is my husband and me, our girls (10 and 5), and my parents (healthy in their 70s) - our excursions were chosen with this in mind.

For Sicily, I am planning to do a DCL MSN 02 because it goes to Taormina and hits the highlights I want. That said, it doesn't hit Mt. Etna which I know a lot of others on the cruise are going to.

For Athens, I booked a private tour with PrivateGreeceTours that does Athens (Acropolis) and Cape Sounion. The main advice i have seen is book private and get yourself to the Acropolis as quickly as possible before the crazy crowds arrive.

For Mykonos, they have just released the DCL options - there is one perfect for us that hits the highlights - MY26 is our choice.

For Santorini- I booked a 6 hour private tour with Kallisti.

For Naples, I highly recommend either Pompeii or Positano if you haven't been to that part of the world. We are actually likely going to keep this as a quiet day since we have traveled this part of Italy many times.

Would love to hear your plans too!!

My traveling group is my husband and me, our girls (10 and 5), and my parents (healthy in their 70s) - our excursions were chosen with this in mind.

For Sicily, I am planning to do a DCL MSN 02 because it goes to Taormina and hits the highlights I want. That said, it doesn't hit Mt. Etna which I know a lot of others on the cruise are going to.

For Athens, I booked a private tour with PrivateGreeceTours that does Athens (Acropolis) and Cape Sounion. The main advice i have seen is book private and get yourself to the Acropolis as quickly as possible before the crazy crowds arrive.

For Mykonos, they have just released the DCL options - there is one perfect for us that hits the highlights - MY26 is our choice.

For Santorini- I booked a 6 hour private tour with Kallisti.

For Naples, I highly recommend either Pompeii or Positano if you haven't been to that part of the world. We are actually likely going to keep this as a quiet day since we have traveled this part of Italy many times.

Would love to hear your plans too!!
Well, we'll be 3 groups (3, 3, and 4) of friends. We are still finalizing things (we are actually all meeting today, believe it or not) to discuss. We are going to NYC for a couple days pre-flight, then to Rome for 3 nights prior to the cruise.

For Sicily, we are looking at just doing a Taormina excursion.

For Mykonos and Santorini, I don't know if we'll do anything organized. We will probably explore on our own.

For Athens, we are actually planning on using the HOHO bus that picks up right at Piraeus.

For Naples... well, that's the one we haven't decided yet. Either Pompeii or Capri. 6 of our 10 have never been to Italy before, so we are leaning Pompeii as I think one would want to see that...

For Olbia, I think we are going to make that a beach day.

For Livorno, we are probably going to do the "Florence on your own"...

For Cannes, we are looking at St. Tropez...

Still working on the details (transfers, tours in Rome, etc...) However, we are staying at one of the DCL approved hotels (not through DCL, but it is one of the ones they use), so we could either use their transfers or something like romecabs.com...

Can't wait!

Hey Everyone, we're sailing on this cruise as well. Now that it's almost 5 months away, it's starting to feel a little more real!!!

Will do. This probably won’t get too much traction until later in the year, but I’d be happy to organize it. We had a great group on our DVC Member Cruise last year.

Hi! I'm Micki and will be on this cruise as well. Just found this group. Please add me to the FE as well when it's formed!

Hi! I'm Micki and will be on this cruise as well. Just found this group. Please add me to the FE as well when it's formed!

everyone who’s on this cruise is already paid in full.
...and it’s anyone’s guess. Best thing to do is wait and see
Yes, though my thought was that a number of people on the thread from earlier may have cancelled prior to PIF.

On another note, it would have been nice to have had the 30-day PIF like all of the subsequent Med Cruises are offered...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!