July 19 11 day Iceland cruise

Coss

Earning My Ears
What is everyone's thought on that one? It appears to me this is normally outside of the summer schedule, so now they get one in the timeframe and they are making it super expensive to take full advantage of it?

Yep, very expensive. Disney will charge what they can and people will pay. I do wish they didn't push it so high.

Back in 2015, the first year they offered that itinerary, we paid $10,598 (with an OBB discount) for 2 adults and one 17 year old in a category 5B. We sailed on June 29, so a little bit earlier but still well into the summer season.

Out of curiosity, I just checked and if we were to book that cruise today in the same category it would be $18,747!!! o_O. Even allowing that we had an OBB discount in 2015, that much of an increase over four years is just nuts. Checking pricing history on Touring Plans, it appears that it would have been about $18,200 on opening day, so it must be selling well or they wouldn't have already begun raising prices. There is no way I'd pay that price, but I bet that ship will sail full - or nearly so. They will get their price, it just wouldn't be from us.

It's a fabulous cruise though - one of favorites to date. Viking Goofy is the best !!! I know that cruise has had *GT rates in the past, but I don't know what the timing was - could have been one of the ones outside of the typical school vacation season.

Was your's back in 2015 for 11 days also? That is a huge price increase if it's for the same amount of days.

Was your's back in 2015 for 11 days also? That is a huge price increase if it's for the same amount of days.

Yes, 11 nights, just like this one. Ours began in Copenhagen and ended in Dover. There are two ports that are different. We didn't have Alesund or Gothenburg, but had Oslo and Kristiansand, Norway instead. That's really the only difference. Everything else looks basically the same.

I am paying close to 12K for just 10B. It's crazy expensive, but then if you look at prices in Europe in general, it has gone up 20% since last year. Also Alaska prices are not really much cheaper, I guess I will just be the loser in the inside statesroom

I am paying close to 12K for just 10B. It's crazy expensive, but then if you look at prices in Europe in general, it has gone up 20% since last year. Also Alaska prices are not really much cheaper, I guess I will just be the loser in the inside statesroom

I wouldn't classify anyone taking a Disney cruise as a loser :goodvibes. Enjoy your cruise - it really is a fabulous itinerary. Iceland is a very special place and Kirkwall is just fascinating. I also highly recommend spending some time in Copenhagen after your cruise if at all possible. Just a delightful city - lots and lots to see.

The only thing I wouldn't like about an inside in Europe is missing seeing all the stuff on the way. We had an indoor for Alaska and kind of regret it now.

The only thing I wouldn't like about an inside in Europe is missing seeing all the stuff on the way. We had an indoor for Alaska and kind of regret it now.
Most of the time on European cruises all you see is ocean. The ship travels far from the shore almost the whole time. I do love that first look out the window in the morning when in port. :)

We were "losers" on our 12 day Med cruise and loved it. The cruise prior to it we were upgraded to a veranda so we were not sure how it would feel. No big deal! We are cruising in Europe in 2019 in an inside stateroom as well - the same room to be exact. It will feel like home sweet home. We usually book 9B/9C on deck two, but sometimes we just cannnot make ourselves cough up the extra money, so inside stateroom it will be.

Last edited:
I think the windows room were going for $2000 more and the verandahs are almost $7000 more.

Last edited:
What is everyone's thought on that one? It appears to me this is normally outside of the summer schedule, so now they get one in the timeframe and they are making it super expensive to take full advantage of it?

This cruise is very popular we saw prices increase fast first week of release, thoose booking by phone were told it was the best selling cruise of summer 2019, and rooms at one point had less than 60 left, ( all port side).

Over 150 cruisers in the cruise meets, many are Platinum cruisers.

It coincides with UK school holidays and the only DCL cruise to visit Iceland in 2019.

Supply/ demand, DCL can basically charge what they want.

I ordered a week ago, I wonder how much more i could have saved if I had booked earlier. I totally forgot to check 2019 until last week

I am of the camp that DCL will charge what they believe the market will bear. However, the US dollar is considerably weaker compared to European currencies now compared to 1 or 2 years ago. This will have an impact on cruise prices.

This particular itinerary has Iceland but that's only 3 out of 11 nights. There are OK Norwegian ports and one good Scottish port, but you may want to consider an Iceland stopover on your flight over from (or back to ) North America.

Just like the new WDW attractions, this one has got a lot of bites from the experienced DCL cruisers. Including all those who have already done the other itineraries.

In my opinion, the best DCL European cruises right now are the 10-D Mediterranean and the 7-D Geiranger. Phenomenal itineraries and a bucket list of ports.

The 7-D Baltic is also great. You would otherwise have to constantly fly about to visit all those cities. The 10-D Baltic is a bit overpriced, as two of the extra nights are mainly to get you back to Dover.

In any case, it's DCL. The more, the merrier.

I am not an experienced cruiser like a lot of you guys, but I do like to try different ports as a way to explore new cities without committing myself in a 3-4 day trip. With limited vacation time, I am always stuck doing it in the summer or Xmas week. I believe these Icelandic ones don't pop up often in late June or July, so I figure to go all out and do it. My choice was either this or the 7 day Barcelona to Dover cruise, the ports didn't seem to be as interesting other than Lisbon.

I did the Baltics last year, Medi this year.

I will be a gold after this summer, not sure what that will really help with other than the shorter check in line. When I was in COpenhagen last year, I did notice the line for Gold and Silver were longer than the general line. I am curious to see if it will really save me any money. I do have to say the extra cruise I took got me an extra opportunity to drop a deposit with Disney, that will allow me to use the 10% off on all the bookings at the earliest. If I didn't do it, I probably wouldn't be able to book until June. I wonder what this cruise's price will be

For 3 people, $11400 for inside deluxe, $16K for verandah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter