July 17 help wanted

exDS vet

"How in the world can the words that I said send s
I am going to the park over the anniversary weekend and I have not been able to find any information regarding ceremonies or special events at Disneyland on the 17th. Guest Relations has been no help, and niether has DLRnews.com. Does anybody out there, especially cm's know of anything that will be happening.

At this point, I am aware of where to purchase special "Day Of" merchandise, but that is it. When I was there on July 17, 1995 for the 40th anniversary they had the Castle ceremony where they buried the "time Castle" and all of the "VIP's" were on hand. Any word about this year?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
JV

My husband printed out some info from Mouseplanet yesterday. Looks like there will be a ceremony at 10am or so and then at 4:45pm the opening address will be broadcast over the speakers in the entire park. Everyone that enters will get special gold Mickey ears (not the ones for sale) (can't be embroidered). That's about it...

I have been planning for this day for over a year and it looks like to Disney its just an after thought.

So many people are excited about this day but if seeing ME talk is the best they have to offer I think we will all be disappointed

They've been planning for it. I think there are a lot of special events going on that are not open to the public and that is where they focused their efforts. They knew this day was going to be "successful" aka packed no matter what they did.

They've been planning years for this day- I think the biggest issue will be crowd control.

I know a little about the one at 10:00. Michael Eisner, Bob Iger, and Ahr-nold will all be there. It will be a big event in true Disney style, with a 50 piece band, and it's all being orchestrated, produced, or whatever you call it, by Bruce Healey, who did Fantasmic! DS is part of the on-stage entertainment, and I can't be there that day, so anyone who might take pictures- please, please, pretty please post them!

Thanks everyone for the info. I guess it will all be fairly low-key. But I think hearing Walt's voice throughout the park will be a nice touch. I know that it is the same way during the fireworks, but I guess the 4:45 time is probably in line with when the original dedication took place.

Anybody know if the 10:00 ceremony will be in front of the castle? I'd assume that would be the place.

deffiently visit Mouseplanet.com and check out the Disneyland update for 7/11. If you read this early in the AM yesterday you may want to go back and check it out again, as they did update it with new information that they got after it went on the site.

Also Al Lutz at miceage.com has some information also, unfortunetly some of it conflicting mouseplanet.

The 10am event is in front of the castle. However remember that the current thoughts of the disney company are to hype these types of events up to the media and give them the perfect viewing opportunities. Anyone there on may 5th, will know how difficult it was to get close enough to see much. For this event they are planning on having screens located throughout the park showing the events.

I have been to many of these events before. You will neet to purchase your merchandise early or it might sell out. I was there 10 years ago and the "Disneyholics" grabbed everything up before the normal people had a chance to buy anything.

They will also stake out spots for the fireworks at around noon and you had better not try to move in on their territory. If they have kids, they might try using them as shields.

I have found that if you bring a can of mace along, you can repel them away and continue to have a great day.

I'm so jealous of all of you that will be able to be there on the 17th!! :p

I hope you all have a wonderful time and I look forward to seeing your posts when you get back. Say Hi to Mickey for me!! :goodvibes

Not too terribly special, but I think everyone through the gate will get a coupon to pick up a 50th Anniversary cupcake. :rolleyes1

fan_of_wdw said:
Not too terribly special, but I think everyone through the gate will get a coupon to pick up a 50th Anniversary cupcake. :rolleyes1

Maybe there will be some of the cupcakes for sale on eBay tomorrow.
Sometimes this stuff hits eBay before it is even released.

There is already a "Disneyland Show Guide from July 17, 2005" on eBay.

all the ones i've seen on ebay are actually from may 5th. However, the ones from tomorrow are nice. They have a replica of the original guide inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter