Julie and Corey Show

I just get really tired of her complaints about Star Wars/GE. She hates everything Star Wars and has to tell us EVERY time GE is mentioned. Dear Goodness. We get it. We know. Enough.

I know Kevin doesn’t like it either, but at least he’s a little funnier about it.

I don't think that's fair. When Star Wars comes up the rest of the cast teases Kevin and Julie about their dislike of it and specifically put the focus on them. I feel like this is more of a complaint with a running gag on the show and less about Julie.

I don't think that's fair. When Star Wars comes up the rest of the cast teases Kevin and Julie about their dislike of it and specifically put the focus on them. I feel like this is more of a complaint with a running gag on the show and less about Julie.
I love that there are people on the team who aren't all gaga over Star Wars. We aren't either. So I'm glad to have Kevin and Julie representing those of us who aren't fans when the rest of the crew is nerding out on the latest Star Wars news.

Hmmm...guess I’ll chalk this up to one of those chicken or the egg things with which came first.....complaints or running gag.

I still like her just fine. Usually every night at dinner time, we watch whatever the team has recently uploaded and will continue to do so.

I love that there are people on the team who aren't all gaga over Star Wars. We aren't either. So I'm glad to have Kevin and Julie representing those of us who aren't fans when the rest of the crew is nerding out on the latest Star Wars news.

100% agree. I think the cast has a good balance of opinions right now and that they are all good sports about being teased when they are the outlier (ex. Kathy and Figment).

I adore both of them and always appreciated their parent perspectives in conversation on the podcast. However, I was actually very surprised when I finished this week's podcast, the last one of the year. Julie was rushing out (that's fine of course, this happens) but when asked about her year (and I appreciate her honesty) she said it was not good and when asked what was her highlight in disney she said she had none, none. and followed it up briskly saying well, i don't go to the parks as often as all of you do. I was taken aback, as I never really heard her voice (I listen audio) to be so abrupt, almost cynical ? I adore her, so I was just a bit disappointed too that in a disney podcast she had nothing to contribute at all in a comment about the year end in disney and just walked out, on a rather bleak, pessimistic note, which is so unlike her. Pete even gave her a second chance, asked her again, and she said she was being honest, said several negative thoughts about her year or disney's year (not sure which) and left. I just think there are , dare I say, hundreds (?) of people who would love to sit in that seat and participate and while honesty is crucial, I think finding one highlight couldn't be that difficult for a year in disney. I even was concerned really, for her, because it's just so unlike her. Also, if podcasters aren't really going to the parks often, how can they really contribute to conversations with validity? (not including those like kevin and john who do other events like adventures by disney etc. and contribute to those conversations). Hope she's okay and hope the show reevaluates for the new year who can really contribute to the podcast with substance. Makes me wonder how often they actually go into the parks not just for media events and reviews.

I adore both of them and always appreciated their parent perspectives in conversation on the podcast. However, I was actually very surprised when I finished this week's podcast, the last one of the year. Julie was rushing out (that's fine of course, this happens) but when asked about her year (and I appreciate her honesty) she said it was not good and when asked what was her highlight in disney she said she had none, none. and followed it up briskly saying well, i don't go to the parks as often as all of you do. I was taken aback, as I never really heard her voice (I listen audio) to be so abrupt, almost cynical ? I adore her, so I was just a bit disappointed too that in a disney podcast she had nothing to contribute at all in a comment about the year end in disney and just walked out, on a rather bleak, pessimistic note, which is so unlike her. Pete even gave her a second chance, asked her again, and she said she was being honest, said several negative thoughts about her year or disney's year (not sure which) and left. I just think there are , dare I say, hundreds (?) of people who would love to sit in that seat and participate and while honesty is crucial, I think finding one highlight couldn't be that difficult for a year in disney. I even was concerned really, for her, because it's just so unlike her. Also, if podcasters aren't really going to the parks often, how can they really contribute to conversations with validity? (not including those like kevin and john who do other events like adventures by disney etc. and contribute to those conversations). Hope she's okay and hope the show reevaluates for the new year who can really contribute to the podcast with substance. Makes me wonder how often they actually go into the parks not just for media events and reviews.

I noticed that too. She's like that most of the time she is on lately. Nothing against her but I don't know why she's even there. Corey on the other hand is great to watch. I think he should take over for her spots and maybe she should focus on other things she might enjoy more.

Geez folks are savage! Julie isn't going anywhere. She's married to Corey who is very high up the totem pole there. She's also a mom to younger children, one of them special needs and that is a crucial perspective. Who cares that she doesn't like Star Wars??? She's a busy mom hustling two busy kids around. I think the audience is very interested in The Martin's life, and how Disney is a big part of it.

She's not the darling Kylie, a huge fan favorite. Also a great addition to the show. I also wish they would have Micaela (sp?) Porter on more often. I like it when the wives are part of it.
Seeing Kevin & John together is a very fun perspective as is Corey & Julie. Now let's find a love for Pete!!

Not savage whatsoever on here. Corey and Julie are great. Specifically, in the last podcast it bothered me that when someone on a 'disney podcast' is asked what the highlights of the year are and you say nothing was a highlight it was horrible bad year. end. and leave. It's kind of a downer to the listener who typically finds this person usually uplifting and upbeat. If you don't go into the parks frequently and aren't a producer/behind the scenes helping on the podcast you can't really contribute. John and kevin contribute with abd, etc. But if you aren't in the parks often and admit that and when asked what a highlight was and you literally have nothing to contribute and asked again and again say nothing you are wasting my listening time that I would much rather hear from those who have something to say, even uplifting perhaps as we end our year together. Just disappointed in that particular episode that's all. no huge deal here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter