Jubilant July Mousekercise Challenge

Minutes: 2025/2000
Percentage: 101%

Thursday: 75 minutes; Friday: 45 minutes

HAPPY DANCE FOR MAKING GOAL :D

giphy.gif

You all have been doing so great! One more day left for this month.

3 more :rainbow: to announce today!

Congrats to Stephanator for reaching Mickey Mouse Red!

upload_2016-7-30_23-34-47.png upload_2016-7-30_23-35-9.png

Mickey Mouse has received ten nominations for the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film. These are Mickey's Orphans (1931), Building a Building (1933), Brave Little Tailor (1938), The Pointer (1939), Lend a Paw (1941), Squatter's Rights (1946), Mickey and the Seal (1948), Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983), Runaway Brain (1995) and Get a Horse! (2013). Among these, Lend a Paw was the only film to actually win the award. Additionally, in 1932, Walt Disney received an honorary Academy Award in recognition of Mickey's creation and popularity.

And now you can watch "Get a Horse" as part of Epcot's Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival in 3D. For those who have not been I definitely recommend it.

For the video portion of this update, this is a funny one I found the other day also in keeping with summer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats also to Courtneybeth and me Saphire5742 for reaching Goofy Green!

upload_2016-7-31_0-18-7.png

Unlike his pals Mickey and Donald, Goofy does not have a permanent love interest. However he is the only one who's a father. I always thought that was interesting. The two movies "A Goofy Movie" and its sequel "An Extremely Goofy Movie" focus on their relationship.

upload_2016-7-31_0-20-42.png

While searching for Goofy and Max clips I came across this one from a House of Mouse episode (talk about an event filled first date!):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And according to the adjusted team minutes (since 2 members did not report at all this month), we have reached Minnie Mouse Pink! Only 137 min away from 90%! I think we can definitely make it.

Watch what happens when Minnie, Daisy, and Clarabelle try to get in to the hottest restaurant in town:

My exercise today was all fun and no work! We had a Harry Potter themed party for my niece, and played "Quidditch" (lots of running around, hilarious, and an absolute blast!) :wizard:

I also went in the jumpy house for a bit (not even the only grown-up!) I'd forgotten how much energy that takes. :laughing:

I'm claiming my standard 20 minutes because I forgot to pay any attention to time at all. (It was a least that, but probably a bit more.) So that ends my month at 710/620 - my second highest month since I started these challenges!

69 min yesterday for a grand total of 1337/1240, a personal best! Quite an accomplishment considering the first half of the month was a little slow and I thought that I wouldn't even make goal.

It's been a pleasure hosting for July. I loved learning and sharing about our favorite Classic Six.
I'm also happy that for my first time hosting that we were a smaller group and a highly dedicated one at that.
You all did amazingly well. In fact as a team we reached 90% of our combined goals (I adjusted the total because I don't think it's fair to add those who didn't report, and I'm not judging at all, to those who did). Yay! :cool1: :thumbsup2
And thanks again for playing along and contributing some of your own photos as well.
I'll give it another day or so for a final color change update (and some more fun stuff) to give those who have not had a chance to post their final minutes to do so.

I leave you with this for now:

And this (my wallpaper for the past 5 months, I just love turning on my computer and seeing this image!):

Screenshot (1) (1024x682).jpg

I didn't have a chance to get on the computer this weekend, so I hope I'm not too late.

another 207 minutes in the last few days

2107/2000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!