Journey to the center of the earth

jlhinvegas

Earning My Ears
My DH and I are headed to Tokyo DL and DS this May and I was hoping others might have some insight on this ride. My DH has an old injury from his military days and does not do well with jerky sudden movements on rides. Indiana Jones at DL is a ride he loves, but has given up due to the ride leaving him with a sore neck. I have tried doing research on journey to the center of the earth and the ending is my concern. Is it fairly smooth or more jerky? I plan on riding, but wanted to try and get info to see if this is one he needs to sit out.

Any advice from those that have been on this ride would be much appreciated.

-June

Indiana Jones is far jerkier. I would find Journey to the Center of the Earth to be more like Test Track or Radiator Springs Racers although it can feel faster because the last part is steep.

I would say that Indiana Jones is in a completely different league than Journey when it come to motions. Journey is quite smooth. The acceleration out of the Lava Monster scene is very stong, you are pushed into your seat albeit in (I think) an uphill helix, and then when you come out the side of the volcano there is a moment of weightlessness where you feel like you’re coming out of your seat. Then you sort of fall back into your seat. Then it’s a gradual deceleration around the rim of the volcano.

Test Track and Radiator Springs Racers are good comparisons (it’s actually the same ride system). I would think it would bother him less than any roller coaster (less than Big Thunder, for instance, and far less than Space Mountain or Matterhorn (which definitely gives me back issues!)).

Personally I don’t think it would really worry my neck unless my neck issues were quite extreme, but obviously only you and your DH can really judge!

Thank you both for your help. He has ridden both test track and radiator springs racers with no issues. Gives us great perspective on what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter