Journey to Hilton Head

Phil hetherington

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of going to Hilton Head next year in July and will be travelling from the UK into and out of Orlando.

We really like Vero Beach. Mainly because of the laid back feel and the activities for kids(I have a daughter of 8). Is Hilton Head worth the journey or should I stick with Vero?

How long and easy is the Drive to Hilton Head? Should we consider stoppoing somewhere on the way?

Any advice would be really appreciated.:confused:

HH is about a 5 hour drive from WDW. The DVC resort has many activities to offer, both for children and adults.

There is an abundance of water related activities, shopping opportunities and a wide variety of dining choices.

The beach is wonderful- very wide with a gradual drop and the resort beach house offers a nice snack bar, pool and, of course, the ocean.

VB is certainly a great resort, but I think you'd also fully enjoy the atmosphere at HH.

Doc's right-about 5 hrs,very simple directions- I-4 east to I-95 north, exit 8 east just a few miles (8) inside South Carolina border, take 278 right onto the island. We did twelve days at WDW, then 2 nites at HH when returning to NJ. Resort reminded us of a very up-scale campground. The island is rather strange in that there is only two places to gain public access to the beach-all other access is thru private resorts,such as Disney's beach house. We didn't like the fact that the shuttle between resort & beach house ended at 4:00 pm but since we had a car it wasn't a problem.We also wish the resort had a lounge/bar, rather then going elsewhere. Our first impression was "BORING" but after 12 days of Orlando most places are. I don't think we would use premium points there, but an off-season quite getaway would be enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter