Join Super Heroes During Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble

dina444444

DIS Veteran
Step into the Super Hero universe during Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble at Disney California Adventure park! This special, after-park hours occasion will feature an action-packed line-up of experiences.

Super Hero fans of all ages are invited to experience the ultimate treat: incredible entertainment, character encounters, event-themed food, merchandise and more—all themed to some favorite Super Hero stories. You’ll also have access to select attractions in Disney California Adventure park, such as the exhilarating Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!

Fans can choose to attend Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble during either Apr. 30 or May 1, 2019 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. each night.

Dust off your shields, hammers and suits of armor and come dressed in your Super Hero-best attire. Each night will feature:

• Epic entertainment, including a rockin’ dance party and heroic show moments.
  • Encounters with admired Super Heroes.
  • Park-wide scavenger hunt to find hidden artifacts—helping to save mankind!
  • Immersive photo opportunities and gallant décor, as well as themed food, beverage and merchandise offerings.
  • Fun surprises to celebrate 80 years of comic art.
  • Unlimited digital downloads of your Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the event.
Visit Disneyland.com for more details and pricing. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. A limited quantity of tickets for both event nights will be available beginning next week:

• Feb. 19: Tickets on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders
  • Feb. 21: Tickets on sale for general public
Make plans now to join us for Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble at Disney California Adventure park!

The number of tickets available are limited and valid only for the specific event date and hours. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (714) 781-4636 until the day before the event, or at any Disneyland Resort ticket booth until the day of the event—subject to availability. Guests under 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. Limit eight 8 tickets per person—no discounts apply. Tickets not required for Guests ages 2 and under. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and may not be resold. Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines for restrictions. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and conditions. Online registration required. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.

Source

EVENT DETAILS

• Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble at Disney California Adventure Park
  • April 30 or May 1, 2019
  • 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM
  • Disney California Adventure Park mix-in begins at 6:00 PM
  • $109 per person
  • Annual Passholder pre-sale tickets available February 19, 2019
  • General Admission tickets available February 21, 2019
  • Tickets are limited and valid only for the specific event date and hours
  • Tickets can be purchased online or by calling (714) 781-4636 until the day before the event, or at any Disneyland Resort ticket booth until the day of the event—subject to availability
  • Guests under 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call
  • Limit 8 tickets per person—no discounts apply
  • Tickets not required for Guests ages 2 and under
  • Parking not included in ticket price
  • Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and may not be resold
COSTUME GUIDELINES

• All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests
  • Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent
  • Costumes may not contain any items that resemble (or could easily be mistaken for) an actual weapon
  • Costumes may not contain sharp/pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest
  • Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening
  • Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
For Guests Ages 13 and Under

• Costumes may be worn as well as some masks, as long as the entire face isn’t covered and eyes are visible
For Guests Ages 14 and Older

• Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist
  • Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are permitted
  • Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus
  • Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face
  • Masks of any kind may not be worn, except for medical purposes
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry and/or removed from the event, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.

While creativity is encouraged, we also value safety and good judgment. The above rules apply only during event hours—standard theme park attire rules apply during all other times. All rules, regulations and guidelines are subject to change without notice.

Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.

Ugh, this sounds awesome, but those are the two possible days we are visiting DCA, (1 day at DCA, 2 days at Disneyland) so I'm not excited about the "mix in starts at 6 PM." It's going to get super crowded, and I'm wondering if WOC can still happen easily for us. (Without spending a bunch more money on more tickets, park hoppers, or special dining...) I'm sure it will still be fine, and we'll just have to make sure we do everything we really want to before it gets crazy.

Ugh, this sounds awesome, but those are the two possible days we are visiting DCA, (1 day at DCA, 2 days at Disneyland) so I'm not excited about the "mix in starts at 6 PM." It's going to get super crowded, and I'm wondering if WOC can still happen easily for us. (Without spending a bunch more money on more tickets, park hoppers, or special dining...) I'm sure it will still be fine, and we'll just have to make sure we do everything we really want to before it gets crazy.
As long as you get your FPs for woc in the morning you will be fine. The park will likely close to day guests at 8pm those nights and there will be an hour between the park close and the official start of the party.

This sounds really fun. The timing isn’t great for us personally, so not sure if we will be able to make it work. Also DH & I are debating between doing this event or Dapper Day but don’t have the budget to be doing both. Hmm

Does anyone know from past experience of these after hours events if the "food offerings" is included in the price, or additional?

Planning for our first Disneyland trip (we’ve been to wdw many times but never dl) & these events have always looked like a lot of fun to me. Both the dates fall within our trip and I think we’ll try to get tickets for May 1st.

But I was wondering: Do these typically sell out before the general tickets go on sale or if I buy them the day the general tickets go onsale would I have a good chance at getting tickets?

Does anyone know from past experience of these after hours events if the "food offerings" is included in the price, or additional?
The food is extra & the lines for it are usually pretty long. Event food items were between $4 & almost $30 (for the fancy surf & turf pizza) at the most recent after dark event. Expect to wait anywhere 10 to 50 minutes for the locations selling event exclusive foods.

But I was wondering: Do these typically sell out before the general tickets go on sale or if I buy them the day the general tickets go onsale would I have a good chance at getting tickets?
They have all sold out at some point before the event date, some MUCH faster than others. None have sold out completely during the AP presale though. So you should be fine buying on day 1 of general ticket sales.

That is a hassle for sure :( The FP for WoC should still work out the same (they'll be out before the evening crowd shows up anyway), but you are right it'll definitely be more crowded. I hope you get to see lots of fun costumes though on the plus side!

So sad we will miss this! This sounds awesome! Maybe someday we will plan a trip right to hit up a special event! :) I'm still hoping Loki and Thor will magically pop out during our trip!

This sounds fun. Trying to imagine how I could make this work...LOL
I wish they'd said which popular attractions would be open/closed. Guardians is the only ride listed.

Sounds amazing! We will be there on May 1st, I wonder which super heroes it includes though. We aren't into Guardians of the Galaxy so all of those characters wouldn't be of any interest.

Sounds amazing! We will be there on May 1st, I wonder which super heroes it includes though. We aren't into Guardians of the Galaxy so all of those characters wouldn't be of any interest.
I would guess every character that they’ve casted/have costumes for would appear.

That would be Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Loki (maybe?), Black Panther, Black Widow, Star-lord and Gamorra and Groot, Captain Marvel will be in the mix by then... I think that’s everyone? Hawkeye was in the little show thing for Summer of Heroes, but never did M&G, I don’t think...

I wish they'd said which popular attractions would be open/closed. Guardians is the only ride listed.

If they don't specify, and end up excluding Radiator Springs Racers and Incredicoaster from the party people will be Hulking out for sure!

I'm not sure this event carries the same bang for your buck that Disneyland After Dark does, but it is something I'd like to try.

Last edited:
That is a hassle for sure :( The FP for WoC should still work out the same (they'll be out before the evening crowd shows up anyway), but you are right it'll definitely be more crowded. I hope you get to see lots of fun costumes though on the plus side!

That is a good point that I hadn't considered with the costumes. We'll try to look on that bright side, because I'm sure my kids will enjoy that aspect. They love Marvel! If DCA is our first day, and we end up bailing an hour early due to crowds, at least we'll get a good night's sleep before our MM at Disneyland the next morning.

I would guess every character that they’ve casted/have costumes for would appear.

That would be Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Loki (maybe?), Black Panther, Black Widow, Star-lord and Gamorra and Groot, Captain Marvel will be in the mix by then... I think that’s everyone? Hawkeye was in the little show thing for Summer of Heroes, but never did M&G, I don’t think...

Hawkeye was meeting for a very short time that summer and has been out for Avengers runDisney afterwards. I actually ran the 5k to get my picture with him. Yes, I got strange priorities.

I need to check with my friends who ran the marathon that weekend I met Hawkeye, but I am pretty sure one of them mentioned Nick Fury.

My doctors were not impressed with me. I had spent most of the year before on crutches and should never have done a timed 5k because of lack of training and other health issues that started to manifest around that time. But I told myself I'd at least make it to the Hawkeye and Black Widow spots somehow, then I could quit. One of my friends decided to sign up last minute too saying "they might have to pull us from the race, but at least we'll be getting swept together."

Hawkeye was near the Hyperion and I just about made it okay there. Black Widow however was near the Camera shop across from Coke Corner. Second to last character stop on the course. I still want to give my friend a medal because she constantly was pep talking all the way from Hyperion there. Loki and Thor were meeting together near the Matterhorn, but we knew we were too slow and couldn't stop for them too. We had just about made it to Widow when the sweeper carts appeared. I'll never forget the look of panic on my friend's face. The CMs were quick to assure us that people in line wouldn't get swept, and thank god we were not swept. Seeing the carts went past us we then decided we might as well try and finish, and we did.

The CMs who insisted they'd take our pictures messed up the photos though, both for Widow and Hawkeye. Three days of agony until the photopass pics appeared.

We did meet Widow again at the Pasta Party later, but the races were the last appearance of Hawkeye. That photo would have been lost without a chance to replace in the foreseeable future.

For Loki I was lucky - met him in the parks the week before the race. I came to Anaheim later than usual that year. One of my friends spotted him on the schedule before I had caught on - I was in WDW before coming over. He messaged me asking: "Is it normal that Loki is on the app?" My friend who was with me in Animal Kingdom that morning still claims I screeched that loud that poor Timon (who we were in line for) actually jumped because my scream scared him. :rolleyes1

Then I come to Anaheim and pretty much end up spending my first day running between Animation Academy to catch Kristoff and the Marvel meet to get Loki. Kristoff no showed all morning and Loki didn't show up for the first set either. I was not a happy gal. :headache: But I refused to move all day. Being stubborn for the win.

We forgot one more. Doctor Strange had been cast too, but was pulled very fast and quite out of the blue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!