John & Kevin’s Dining Reviews - My Top Ten

I want Kevin and John to be special guests on the Best of Dining show when they go to San Angel Inn. Informative and entertaining!

I like Kevin and John way too much to subject them to San Angel Inn, but I miss their dining reviews! They can eat wherever they want if only they would do another one!! I'm gonna have to go back and relisten to some of these.

Laurie

I like Kevin and John way too much to subject them to San Angel Inn, but I miss their dining reviews! They can eat wherever they want if only they would do another one!! I'm gonna have to go back and relisten to some of these.

Laurie

Definitely agree and don't want to subject them to bad places for our enjoyment (though if they go willingly I would watch)

I would love their take on some of the new Disney's Springs locations

I just did a quick google search for "DIS dining reviews Kevin Klose Shutters" and found links to both the audio and written review (with pics).

Here's the audio link:

https://player.fm/series/the-dis-un...10-world-of-color-shutters-at-caribbean-beach

I don't subscribe to that service. It just started to play automatically.

Here's the written review with pics:

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/06/22/a-review-of-shutters-at-disney’s-caribbean-beach-resort/

Hope that helps!

ps John & Kevin's dining reviews along with Pete's audio only French Quarter review first drew me to the DIS and the Boards.

Always happy to share with others and spread the wealth. :-)

Thank you so much for finding this!!! I lost it at the 'try and bite through this zucchini'.

OMG, I just got to the 'spleen' steak

Last edited:
I would love their take on some of the new Disney's Springs locations
Haven't they done a review of the Boathouse, Art Smith's Homecomin and Morimoto? I seem to remember them being discussed on a show. Maybe not a full review?

Laurie

It’s funny(strange?) ...but I’ve probably had three meals at San Angel and never had a bad meal -as a whole ...food, service, setting. Can I just be THAT lucky? I’ve had better authentic Mexican meals, but have had much worse.

Haven't they done a review of the Boathouse, Art Smith's Homecomin and Morimoto? I seem to remember them being discussed on a show. Maybe not a full review?

Not sure about Moromotos but they did the others ...

But you have Pizza Pointe, Mario and Enzo's, Enzo's Hideaway, and the Edison the just opened. The polite Pig I don't think they have done, nor the new Rick Bayleas place. And then you have a bunch more inconstruction with Wolfgang Pucks, Jaelo, and others.

It’s funny(strange?) ...but I’ve probably had three meals at San Angel and never had a bad meal -as a whole ...food, service, setting. Can I just be THAT lucky? I’ve had better authentic Mexican meals, but have had much worse.

We've also had ok/solid meals there - I think it depends a lot what you get but you can put together a decent meal there (but if you choose poorly ...) and Hen the lack of being able to see anything and the cost, definitely not at the top of our list or anything but also think there are worse places to eat

So glad I am not the only one who goes back and listens to the old podcasts. I am not an "i" person and there are a few of the older (pre-video) shows that I was not able to access through my Samaung app (Podcast Addict) or at the website.

I do remember the "sad little crabcake" review and re-review. Would love John and Kevin to take the restaurant review task back on!

Golden all of them. I remember Yes My Lard with a great deal of fondness. I think I was laughing so hard my coworker thought something was wrong with me.

I introduced a friend to the podcasts on a 6 hour drive to Disneyland--let's just say it was a good thing I was driving, because we wouldn't have made it the way she was crying/choking/dying in laughter.

I really miss the old style of Dining reviews. I just tried to listen to the most recent episode of the Disney Dining Show and I really don’t think the on-site live reviews work. The noise is so distracting that I can’t pay attention to what they’re actually saying about the food. I also really miss the dynamic that Kevin, John, and Pete had together when doing the reviews. Kevin’s descriptions were so good and entertaining you couldn’t help but feel like you were there with them. I’m sorry to say I really don’t get that from the new show.

I cannot get enough of these!! I am cracking up at this one about Oscars.

"It looked like the fed POW's" and 'They just scrapped there plates under the table"

The ohana review is when I first came upon the dis unplugged I was looking up ohana one day in 2014 and came upon it and fell in love with Kevin’s reviews and then subscribed to both channels

The Autopsy episode is wonderful "With the real housewife from someplace" to "This is where the used dished are stored," Just some real gems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter