Jogging and working out onboard

Parrotheader

Mouseketeer
Started thinking about this when I was working out last night. I know there's a fitness center onboard and I've seen a few pictures of it at castawayclub.com. Looks like a pretty good facility.

After working out I usually jog a couple miles. I have a nice treadmill at home so I prefer those. But given the beautiful scenery I may actually want to get outside for a change. Any particular deck good for jogging on? And is jogging a bit different out on the ocean with the slight movement? I'm not an early morning person so I won't be one of those out there at 8am. I generally workout late afternoon/early evening so I'd hate to be the only one out there at that hour.

Granted, we'll only be on the short 3 day cruise so I suppose I could just let myself go for a few days :D I do enjoy the feeling after a good workout though.

Deck 4 is the "running/walking" deck. The only thing we never figured out is how far one lap of the ship is. I had a lot of trouble running on the treadmills because of the movement of the ship, but had no trouble running out on deck 4, even our the most windy days. The only problem we had were kids playing shuffleboard who got slightly wild with the suffleboard "sticks" and almost hit us a few times. We ran in the morning, but saw a lot of people out running/walking before dinner. We had to run every day just so we could eat those wonderful dinners without gaining a kizillion pounds on our cruise.

I remember seeing it posted on Deck 4 what one lap would measure, but I forget what it is. It is posted though. This was on the Magic.

Vicki

Four laps around deck four equals approximately one mile...actually it's a little further than a mile. :)

Michelle is correct...hubby and I know that because we often participate in the "organized" walk in the mornings (actually, it's not too strictly organized, but it's listed in the Navigator). You might also want to check out the jog on Castaway Cay morning. That is listed in the Navigator too and that one IS a group activity.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I believe Dave from Marietta figured one lap around Deck 4 equal 1.15 - 1.25 miles or there about!!!

MJ

Thanks for all the responses. Looks like I might get out and jog on the deck some then (if it's not too hot.) This way I can eat like an absolute pig the whole time and not feel guilty.

Thanks for the compliment MnParrothead. I like your name too. This one is my standard online alias since the regular "Parrothead" is almost always taken at various sites and services (as you probably know.) It was a compromise between my love of Jimmy Buffett music and my love of soccer.

parrotheader and mnparrotthead....you will both be happy. On our last 7 day cruise they played Jimmy Buffet all week long on the the pool deck. My kids came home with a new appreciation for "that guy" Jimmy Buffet (they had no idea who is was before the cruise)

MJ

Alright! Even more reason to be excited. Hopefully they'll still be playing Buffett tunes when we go. If they want to mix in a little Bob Marley that would make it perfect.

That was my most pleasant surprise when we went to SeaWorld last time. In the area where the dolphin petting pool was, they had a DJ hut where you could request music. If nobody requested anything the default music was Jimmy Buffett. I think I spent about 2 hours in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter