Joe Stays Home with the Cat, It's just me, Tim and Matt, a PTR...Updated 7/31 COMPLETE

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone and :welcome: to another TR, or should I say PTR. I'm Jenny, and most of you know me from my adventures in Disney with my hubby, Joe, and most recently from the EPIC trip we had the pleasure of being a part of this past May. This time will be a little different though. I will be traveling with my sons, Matt and Timmy. Timmy is in Disney right now, completing his second college program. In August, Matt and I will be going down to pick him up (the purpose of this trip). The 3 of us will be spending 4 nights living it up in our favorite vacation destination. We have some dining reservations planned, a DAH event to attend and a dessert party booked. I hope you will follow along, introduce yourselves (if I don't know you already) and leave a comment every once in a while. I'd love to hear from you, and I will love sharing all the deets for this upcoming trip...So, grab a glass of vino or your fav IPA and join me in another awesome PTR...

I'm Jenny, your Disney Blog host...

DEB25D87-9FEA-4A19-9AE6-E11211C0B123.jpeg

This is Matt (with his fiance, Kari)...

516CCAE8-9213-4539-801C-536C3C689E5E.jpeg

And, this is the DCP alumni, Timmy

3A1EDE9F-DE1F-4406-9082-69B68709116F.jpeg

Next up...the when and the Where...

The When and the Where...

This Disney trip starts on August 7th and ends August 11th. Matt and I are flying down to Orlando to pick Timmy up from his second college program. We were originally going to keep this trip low key, stay at All Star Movies and just spend time in Disney Springs and at the pool. But, the more I got to thinking about this trip, the bigger and better it became... :D

My first thought was that I hadn't taken a vaca with just my boys in years...The second thought was that I could NOT go to Disney and NOT go to the parks, especially since I became an AP holder this year. Finally, I really wasn't feeling All Star Movies. So, I upgraded to...

Ah, yes, the Contemporary Resort. It's my favorite deluxe next to the Wilderness Lodge. Matt and Tim have never stayed here, so I thought they would really enjoy it. Plus, I just love how it's walking distance to the MK, where we will be spending most of our park time.

After I changed hotels, I got to thinking about asking my sister, Julie, and niece, Gia to join us, since they live in St Pete. I'm happy to say they will be joining us Friday to Sunday. Now things were starting to get exciting...

Next up, What are our Plans for Arrival day????

Plans, Plans and More Plans...

So, now that we have the when and where it's time to get to the real details of this mom and sons trip...Matt and I will be flying in VERY early on Wednesday, August 7th via Southwest. I think our flight leaves Chicago at 6:15 am and arrives in Orlando at 9:45 am. Which means...I will be up at 2 am in the hopes of leaving the house by 2:45 am. (I'm going to drive us to the airport this time, self-park and take the bus over to the main terminal area). I am not a big fan of these early flights but I do like getting to Orlando in the morning. It's kind of a double-edged sword. It sucks to get up early, but it's nice to have a full first day in Disney. And, who doesn't love that?!?!

Once we land (praying for an on-time flight, without delays), Matt and I will head over to DME. I have not done this in years and I'm not really excited about it. But, it didn't make sense to get a car this time, so I will just have to deal with it. Speaking of MDE, I received our MDE tags and custom Magic Bands yesterday in the mail. That was exciting. I can't believe we leave in 32 days, just a tad over a month away. :D

After the short ride (without too many stops, I hope), we will be dropped off at the beautiful Contemporary Resort. Tim should already be there, so assuming he is, we will head to check in. Yep, I do online check-in, but I still like going up to the desk to check-in in person...If our room isn't ready, we will store with bell services anything we don't want to carry with us for the rest of the day. The plan from here is to grab a late breakfast/early lunch at Contempo Cafe. This will be a first for all of us. I've grabbed things to go here but have never sat down for a full meal. Then, we are off to Epcot!! YAY! It will be soooo nice to take the monorail there and back because you all know how much I despise the Disney buses...

I did not make Fast Passes for today. The boys and I decided that we don't want to be committed to anything, just in case we decide to make a last minute decision to head to another park, spend time in the pool or jump over to DS...However, we do have dining reservations this night. Regardless of how or where we spend this first Disney day, we are having dinner at Via Napoli and are sticking around to watch Illuminations...

Next up...What are our Plans for Thursday, August 8th...

A006EDE8-D685-4A2A-BB9C-19EC8C9615B1.jpegB56F593E-9CE1-42C1-8A64-DE31356AEBE1.jpegF1CA401C-DD2C-4A5C-B654-C3260CFE6C00.jpeg

Woohoo! Sister wife is first. Though I think your trip should be renamed Its just me, Tim, Matt, and Kari!!! Of course me Kari, not the finance Kari, which is even weirder since my brother's name is Matt!!!

So jealous you'll be at the Contemporary. Was Tim able to get you all a good room discount?

:welcome: to one of my favorite people and fellow sister wife!!!!:love:

Woohoo! Sister wife is first. Though I think your trip should be renamed Its just me, Tim, Matt, and Kari!!!
Now, why didn't I think of that...I CANNOT wait to see you again!!!!:cool1:

So jealous you'll be at the Contemporary. Was Tim able to get you all a good room discount?
Unfortunately, no. There are no discounts anywhere that he could find because of SWGE, which I'm not even remotely interested in...Now, that being said, if I can get a preview, I definitely would, just to see it...

I love your magic bands! Where did you get those designs?
:welcome:
Aww, thanks! I got them right under Magic Bands and Cards on MDE.

Last edited:

Thursday, August 8th...

Today we plan on sleeping in. I'm not sure where we will get breakfast. Maybe we will pick something up the night before and put it in our fridge, like fresh fruit, yogurt or even a yummy danish or cinnamon roll...We plan on spending some time in Disney Springs and at the pool, so praying for nice weather.

I'd like to take the boys to Blaze Pizza for lunch because I'm sure they will love it. I'd also like to introduce them to a Dole Whip Froscato at Wine Bar George. Tim will probably pass, as he's not much of a drinker. But I'm sure I can turn Matt to the dark side...He will definitely join his mom in an alcoholic beverage or 2...I also want to try the new cookie at The Basket (the quick service window located at WBG). Have you all seen it? It looks delicious.

What will our evening bring??? Well, we've got late dinner reservations at The Plaza because we have tickets for the MK DAH Villians event. We are all soooo excited about this! I attended my first DAH event in May and now I'm hooked. I love the low crowds and the feeling that you are alone in the park at certain points...Plus, who doesn't love free Mickey Premium bars and popcorn?!?!

It'll be nice to walk back to the Contemporary Resort after DAH and not have to fight the masses for the buses...

Next up, Julie and Gia Join us...

Friday, August 9th...

Hi everyone!

This is going to be a BUSY day, but an exciting one!!!! Julie and Gia will arrive at some point (I'm hoping for breakfast). We will start the day with EMH at MK. I know Matt and Timmy plan on doing this for sure. I'm iffy. I will have to wait and see how tired I am from getting in late the night before. Again, it will be so nice to just walk over there in the morning. We will have to leave the park around 10 because we have breakfast reservations at Ohana. The is one of my absolute favorite character meals. We have always had really good food and service, so I'm hoping this time won't be any different. I can't wait to have that Pog juice! It's sooooo good. After breakfast, we may go back to MK ( I do have 3 FP's booked for the afternoon. I think I have JC, HM, and PP) or possibly go swimming if it's a nice day. I'd rather swim because it would be nice to just relax at the pool with a cold drink (preferably with alcohol in it).

If we go swimming, at some point, we will have to go back to our rooms to get ready. Because...We have the HEA Dessert Party booked. YAY! I book this because I absolutely HATE the fireworks crowds. It's so nice to not have to worry about finding a spot an hour before they start. You can literally walk into the garden and not have to worry about being able to see. And, having the desserts, fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, and those yummy cheeseburger egg rolls is just a bonus in my opinion. I'm not sure what we are doing for dinner. We may just grab something again at the Contempo Cafe...Then, walk over to the MK. Perhaps we will go to CHH. The boys and my sister have never been there and I'm sure they would like it.

I'm not sure how late the MK is open tonight, but we will most likely leave after HEA. I'd like to catch the Electrical Water Parade back at the resort...

What will Saturday Bring???

Sounds like your plans are shaping up nicely. Of course I am a big fan of all of the adult beverages that will be flowing. You'll probably be very disappointed in me but I usually don't drink as much on our summer trips. With all of the heat its hard to deviate from anything that isn't water. Though I'm sure it would be if I was a camel like you :earboy2:

Sounds like your plans are shaping up nicely. Of course I am a big fan of all of the adult beverages that will be flowing. You'll probably be very disappointed in me but I usually don't drink as much on our summer trips. With all of the heat its hard to deviate from anything that isn't water. Though I'm sure it would be if I was a camel like you :earboy2:
I'll convert you to the dark side this summer. We'll hit up a nice air-conditioned spot and order us a couple of ciders!!!!

Sounds like it will be an awesome day!!
Thanks hon!

Sounds like some awesome plans!! You guys will love being at the Contemporary, especially after Villains AH!!
I thought about that. That's why we are spending most of our park time at MK with a little Epcot thrown in. By the way...For the Villians, DAH, is the Maleficent cone available???? I keep meaning to ask you that...

It sucks to get up early, but it's nice to have a full first day in Disney. And, who doesn't love that?!?!
It's definitely worth it to have a full first day!
Just ordered these beauties for my August trip...
So cute! Where from?
What will our evening bring??? Well, we've got late dinner reservations at The Plaza because we have tickets for the MK DAH Villians event. We are all soooo excited about this! I attended my first DAH event in May and now I'm hooked. I love the low crowds and the feeling that you are alone in the park at certain points...Plus, who doesn't love free Mickey Premium bars and popcorn?!?!
Awesome!
If we go swimming, at some point, we will have to go back to our rooms to get ready. Because...We have the HEA Dessert Party booked. YAY! I book this because I absolutely HATE the fireworks crowds. It's so nice to not have to worry about finding a spot an hour before they start. You can literally walk into the garden and not have to worry about being able to see. And, having the desserts, fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, and those yummy cheeseburger egg rolls is just a bonus in my opinion. I'm not sure what we are doing for dinner. We may just grab something again at the Contempo Cafe...Then, walk over to the MK. Perhaps we will go to CHH. The boys and my sister have never been there and I'm sure they would like it.
You are going to have such a great trip!

Saturday, August 10th:

Today, we are starting the day at 1900 Park Fare for brunch. We have all done this before, and it's one we enjoy. Then, my sister made reservations for Gia at the Bippity Boppity Boutique in the Grand Floridian. I believe she is keeping this a surprise for Gia. I am so excited to see her reaction when she realizes what is going on and how she will be made into a princess for the day. I wonder which one she will pick???? Belle and Ariel are her current favs these days. I plan on taking an obscene amount of pics. I feel ripped off that Disney didn't have anything like this when I was a kid...:confused3 Anybody else feel this way?

After BBB, we will most likely do some shopping. Or, we may stop at Trader Sam's for a drink. Are they open in the afternoon??? If Gia takes a nap, I will probably head down to the pool at some point. For dinner, we have reservations at Frontera Cocina. This is a new to me restaurant and one I've been dying to try for a while. @disneyAndi14 gave it glowing reviews in one of her TR's and that pretty much sealed the deal for me. Sometime late this afternoon (or early evening), I will also be meeting my dear friend Kari ( @kastoney )and her family (Jason and Casey)for drinks. I am sooooo excited to see her again!!!❤ After all, she is my sister wife. LOL!

Unfortunately, Sunday, August 11th, we will be heading home. Our flight leaves in the latter part of the afternoon. I'm not sure what time the Tragic Express will be picking us up, but we will probably just have enough time to grab something to eat before we have to say good bye...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter