Jimmy Carter and Family

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
Mr. Carter and his entire family are on board of the Disney Wonder as I write this----------He and his family got there sometime before noon and security was tighter than ever before including the secret service and FBI -------I just wonder if he and his family will be able to wonder around as all the other discruisers tho I believe it would be for sure very noticeable that VIP's are on board. Orders were given to everyone that we could not approach, speak, ask for autographs, etc. All vendors had to clear through customs before going to first deck and on leaving same routine. Wonder passengers of 12-30-01 --let us know how this trip went. Meanwhile each and all have a great week.
Always,
Shirley

Thanks for the update, Shirley. This was a topic of discussion a few weeks ago (<a href="http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=135657">link</a>) since Jimmy apparently mentioned his intentions to do this on "<i>Larry King Live</i>". I hope they have a great time!

Hi Dave - I had forgotten I had read about the Carter's going on the cruise - It was interesting to see so much activity at the port today - even the other two cruise lines got into heavier security which was understandable - I actually saw all the names on the mainfest including room etc - some of the Carters were staying on the upper decks and then some on the lower decks - at this time can not say room numbers etc for reasons that are understandable - Gosh I should have sent him a bottle of wine huh? I really believe they will have a great time with a bunch of great people --------after all ---they are sailing the Disney Wonder.
Take care
Shirley

That's neat, Shirley. Well, if you feel you can share that info with us after they're off the ship, I am a <i>little</i> curious what category they went with.

Cheers.

Darn... we were in Marietta when this thread posted. Shirley... I would have had you send something to Jimmy and family on the cruise. Our family are personal friends with Jimmy, especially Tony's grandfather... when he came to Savannah, years ago, to be in our St. Pat's Parade, Tony went with his grandfather to pick him up at the airport. It's a great memory for Tony. They are a very genuine and good family.

How neat! I hope they are having a marvelous time on the Wonder... it's cold and snowy in our parts.

Beth11
:D :D

Well Beth almost - I know you and Tony - sorry sweetie I didn't write and let you know - it was quite an adventure - we don't go to Disney tomorrow tho I am sure the security will be like it was Sunday - I had learn that Mr. Carter and his family were very down to earth - never had the pleasure of meeting them - Darn
Beth we should have sent something, but noone knew until Sunday that HE was there - not even the newspaper printed anything - well kept secret.
Luv ya
Always,
Shirley

A close friend of our family is working in the Disney College Program at the MK and had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy Carter on Fri. or Sat. She and another cm were in the utilidor under Liberty Square when she saw him. He approached the 2 cm's , asked if they were in the cp and if they worked at (guess where? The hall of presidents.) They work in retail in LibertySquare. He chatted with them for a couple of minutes and wished them luck wih their college education. How cool! she also waited on John Stamos the day before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter