Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to Get In Shape for Disney

tori.bh3

Mouseketeer
Hey y'all!

I am going to WDW and then onto a Disney Cruise on the Wonder in 37 days. And I just remembered how much walking is involved.

I am a fairly healthy person - I follow weight watchers semi religiously (religiously at home - laughable at Disney. I mean have you ever snacked around the world???). My weight is under control but I do not consider myself a particularly in shape person.

30 Day Shred seems like a no nonsense approach to getting fit (or at least fitter) in a relatively short amount of time.

I am going to update this thread throughout the process, mostly just to keep myself accountable.

GOTTA GET THAT ROPE DROP/CASTAWAY CAY BODY.

Be careful. Those workouts are known for causing knee and ankle joint injuries from all the jumping around. I am a very in shape person and found that workout unsustainable.

Be careful. Those workouts are known for causing knee and ankle joint injuries from all the jumping around. I am a very in shape person and found that workout unsustainable.

Thanks for the heads up! I appreciate it!

I have that workout, and like DLgal said, it's rough on the knees! After about a week, i can't do it anymore. I've attempted it several times over the years and it hurts me every time. I hope it works better for you. Good luck!!

Another one who is in fairly good shape, I work out 5 days a week for at least 30 min. cardio, strength, pilates and yoga and those workouts are too much for me. I would suggest maybe starting out with Jessica Smith or, if you can stand her personality, Denise Austin or even Leslie Sansone. Both Jessica Smith and Denise Austin have workouts that can be a little easier on the joints. Jessica Smith actually have a utube channel with free workouts if you want to try some of hers. Jessicasmithtv.com.

Thanks for all the feedback! I knocked out my first day of 30ds yesterday and with a few breaks, I managed just fine!

I don't have any knee issues to date and stretch well (I was a dancer for most of my life so that I'm good with!).

My goal is to build stamina and I think 30ds will accomplish that! I got my butt kicked and I am sore today, but not so bad that I'm not functional. I may end up doing something like switching up between this and zumba videos. That way I won't get bored. I feel that the workouts will get repetitive. I wish I lived near a gym, but I am a small town girl and the nearest is 40 miles away!

What about just getting out and walking? I workout quite a bit & do 30 Day Shred as part of my workout but that never helped my aching feet or tired legs at Disney. Only once I started running was I finally able to get through a Disney vacations without feet or leg aches. Got that part of me used to hitting the pavement for hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter