Jiko entree recommendations

bugbugmom

DIS Veteran
Would like to hear Jiko experiences and entrees. Good/bad experiences/choices. We are adventurous eaters. TIA

my husband has the beef filet and mac/cheese and it is fabulous. i have had the salmon which is very good. lately i have been ordering off the appetizer menu for my entree. i have been ordering the kenyan coffee BBQ chicken flatbread and either a salad or soup. both excellent!! seems like just about everything on the menu is wonderful. happy eating!:tongue:

Th Monkfish is FABULOUS -- I've ordered it everytime I've been since the first time I had it! (I still try my DH and DF's entrees- but I still Love the monkfish most) -- I always ask for a little extra sauce - yummmmm.

We were just at Jiko, again, this past weekend.

Anything we have tried has been wonderful. Lambshank, filet, fish...all wonderful.

We enjoy all the appetizers...they have all been excellent.

Never had a bad experience there.

Enjoy!

Hi,

We heard such wonderful things about Jiko's that we went twice on our last trip in 2001. We will go again on our next trip.

(Smileys are by my personal favorites)

First meal:

Lentil Pastilla - phyllo pockets filled/lentils :)

Lemon Marinated Tuna - sushi :)

Papaya stuffed w/beef

Minted Mango Sorbet w/Rooibus Tea sauce :)

Second Meal:

Crispy Cinnamon Spiced Beef Roll

Autumn Field greens w/Buttermilk-Carrot dressing :)

Pan Roasted Monk Fish :)

Pistachio Creme Brulee

Cardomon Chocolates

They also start you out with great flatbread and three paste/dips. One was hummus, one from ground peanuts and I can't remember the third one.

We loved Jiko's!

We are two adults and only saw a child there once during our two dinners. He was young but extremely well behaved. I don't know if there are more families that go there at other times but we didn't encounter children during our two visits. Probably due to the atmosphere/cost of Jiko's since it is a fine dining establishment and also the fact that Boma's, the popular buffet is right across the hallway.

If you like wines, I fell in LOVE with the South African Pinotages! I had the Saxenburg Pinotage. Wonderful red wine!

This is a really nice restaurant and although we loved some dishes more than others, everything was well done. Nothing was too spicy either. Just unusual flavor combinations.

It also is a great, relaxing atmosphere and although it was just my sister and me, I would definitely consider it a romantic atmosphere if you are a couple. There is a little stream/pool/rocks just outside the windows that is very pretty. The colors and lighting are warm.

Rhonna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter