JetBlue Refund Question

So I wonder if they are not notifying of these cancellations (until last minute) so that they have a better chance of getting you to take credit instead of cash refund.
No. Any time the airline cancels your flight - even up to the plane having been boarded - hey must refund you if that's what you want.

Im really bumming,back in March when they were giving away fares,I got 6 RT Tix from Boston for only $244 total for June 11-15.Im starting to realize now it isnt meant to be.Im going to have to pay $1000 more to go again,because they wont change and cover the fare difference.Ive been bragging to everyone for weeks about the price I got..such a shame.

So I wonder if they are not notifying of these cancellations (until last minute) so that they have a better chance of getting you to take credit instead of cash refund.

No. Any time the airline cancels your flight - even up to the plane having been boarded - hey must refund you if that's what you want.
I think the PP means that the airlines are sometimes trying to pressure customers to cancel themselves (and thereby become ineligible for a cash refund), by waiting until the last minute to cancel scheduled flights they have no intention of flying. Kind of like a game if chicken: who can hold out the longest before cancelling? In some cases, I think airlines are guilty of that.

Last edited:

From what I see, Florida still has a 14-day quarantine for people who fly from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Does anyone know if this is correct? My flight is June 27th and I want to cancel. I am hoping for a refund since I have no idea when I will be able to go back. There's no way I will quarantine myself for 14 days for a 6-day trip.

From their website: "Beginning Tuesday, March 24, Florida issued an Executive Order for all customers who depart from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut to self-quarantine for 14 days after arriving into Florida."

Anyone have any experience with getting a refund as opposed to a travel credit under these circumstances?

From what I see, Florida still has a 14-day quarantine for people who fly from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Does anyone know if this is correct? My flight is June 27th and I want to cancel. I am hoping for a refund since I have no idea when I will be able to go back. There's no way I will quarantine myself for 14 days for a 6-day trip.

From their website: "Beginning Tuesday, March 24, Florida issued an Executive Order for all customers who depart from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut to self-quarantine for 14 days after arriving into Florida."

Anyone have any experience with getting a refund as opposed to a travel credit under these circumstances?
do you have a credit card w jet blue

Yes, why?
If you are mosaic then no charge for cancellation. If you used points they would return to you. If there were changes done to your flight (mine had several) you should be able to cancel without penalty. The tax you paid would go in travel credit. I did this yesterday.

Yes it is still in effect.

Just checked our July flights from Buffalo to Orlando. Our nonstops are now changed to layovers & plane changes in NYC. Buffalo now has only 2 options showing each day. No notice yet from JetBlue. I took a travel credit from our April flights even tho I knew I should have gotten refunds, but I didn’t feel like arguing. I need a refund this time, not more credits. Hopefully I won’t have to fight for it.

Edit::: About 35 minutes on hold & 10 for the agent to process it, but everything was refunded with no issues.

Last edited:
I thought I read on the thread before that if your flt number is changed , you can request a refund - (post deleted?) Just received an email from JB - ( we already cancelled our July 14 trip with disney)
JetBlue changed our flt number and times, but not more than 2 hrs and still non-stop - didn't check if they changed our seats, but what do you guys think ? Any chance of refund?

I thought I read on the thread before that if your flt number is changed , you can request a refund - (post deleted?) Just received an email from JB - ( we already cancelled our July 14 trip with disney)
JetBlue changed our flt number and times, but not more than 2 hrs and still non-stop - didn't check if they changed our seats, but what do you guys think ? Any chance of refund?

Our nonstop flight was changed to a flight with plane change in NYC. Hadn’t gotten any notice, I just saw it when I checked the Jetblue site. Pretty sure it just happened yesterday or today, because I check the website pretty often. Anyway, I called, said our flight was cancelled & we don’t want to accept the new flights & would like a refund. The agent didn’t question it, say no or try to talk me into a credit. I would definitely give it a try.

I just received an email that our non-stop flight was changed to a stop over in JFK. I wanted to avoid NYC and also to have nonstop flights. We're from Syracuse. We definitely need a vacation so I'm going to keep the horrible flights. Only 1 flight to MCO per day. I've been on hold for 35+ minutes now and still waiting. I can't select seats online so that's why I have to call. I don't want to wait to get seats assigned. UGGGG... not to mention I had to change our rental car reservation so that price went up by about $50.>:(

Our nonstop flight was changed to a flight with plane change in NYC. Hadn’t gotten any notice, I just saw it when I checked the Jetblue site. Pretty sure it just happened yesterday or today, because I check the website pretty often. Anyway, I called, said our flight was cancelled & we don’t want to accept the new flights & would like a refund. The agent didn’t question it, say no or try to talk me into a credit. I would definitely give it a try.
will do ! Thanks !

Was on hold for hr w JetBlue and they fought me tooth and nail regarding a refund - spoke with a supervisor - they told me that a change in flight number does not constitute a cancelled flight (although a quick google.search says exactly the opposite )
I was finally able to get a refund when they told me that my seats (8 abc) were now 21 abc - my son has sensory issues and we never sit at the rear of the plane - we like to be able.to exit quickly after deplaning - once I mentioned that,.I was granted a refund

Was on hold for hr w JetBlue and they fought me tooth and nail regarding a refund - spoke with a supervisor - they told me that a change in flight number does not constitute a cancelled flight (although a quick google.search says exactly the opposite )
I was finally able to get a refund when they told me that my seats (8 abc) were now 21 abc - my son has sensory issues and we never sit at the rear of the plane - we like to be able.to exit quickly after deplaning - once I mentioned that,.I was granted a refund

Sorry you had such a hassle, but I’m glad you were finally able to get your refund. But, doesn’t moving your seats pretty much confirm your flight was cancelled. I mean, if your flight was still the same, your seats would be too. :sad2:

We have a trip planned starting 7/07/20 and I just got the dreaded "your flight was cancelled" email. All JetBlue flights out of RI (PVD airport) have been cancelled for the month of July now. I booked new flights out of Boston. It's an added hassle but at least we still get to go.

Sorry you had such a hassle, but I’m glad you were finally able to get your refund. But, doesn’t moving your seats pretty much confirm your flight was cancelled. I mean, if your flight was still the same, your seats would be too. :sad2:

thanks ! I thought so too, but their reasoning was that they are leaving the middle of the plane empty to distance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter