Jet Blue and what can a 2 yr old sit in!!!!

I used the Cosco scenera next for my 14 month old in April. Check the stats on that, it's a smaller seat and no frills but worked of course.

we used this too, purchased so we could use it on the plane and our rental car. Worked well, and DD at the time was still used to rear facing in the car, so putting her rear facing in the airplane worked so well for us!

We bought an Evenflo Tribute car seat for travel. Much slimmer and lighter than our regular car seats. We also bought a strap that wraps around it to hook to our rolling carry-on through the airport.

I forgot to mention in my original response to the OP but when using a car seat for my kids we always sat a member of our party in front of the seat with the car seat. Just in case of seat kicking and especially if we were using the seat rear facing as it limits the recline of the seat in front.

I used a CARES harness for my 2.5 year old, I would not suggest using it for much younger. Younger than that, an inexpensive faa approved car seat, and get the rack with wheels for it to push throught he airport.

Since when? Mine don’t need them anymore, but I have used boosters on American airlines both national and international flights. Things changes I know.
Booster seats have never been approved for use on a plane. Booster seats can not be used with a lap only belt, such as those on the plane. Only car seats with the harness have ever been allowed to be used on planes.

Booster seats have never been approved for use on a plane. Booster seats can not be used with a lap only belt, such as those on the plane. Only car seats with the harness have ever been allowed to be used on planes.
again this was years ago, I’m just stating I did it, my kids don’t used boosters anymore, so my experience is outdated. I’m wrong to suggest the use of boosters now. But YES somehow I got to travel with the booster.

again this was years ago, I’m just stating I did it, my kids don’t used boosters anymore, so my experience is outdated. I’m wrong to suggest the use of boosters now. But YES somehow I got to travel with the booster.
you got pixie dust as we were not allowed to use them when my adult daughters, mothers of my grandkids, were young on airlines

You likely were never questioned by poorly trained flight staff. Every time I have flown with a car seat the flight staff have asked to see the sticker that says it is approved for use on a plane. That sticker that will never appear on a booster seat or will say that the seat is only approved for use with the internal harness only. We once took a booster on the plane and we told we could not use it. I said we know that it was going to be stored in the overhead bin.

I’ve flown several times with my faa-approved car seat and have NEVER been asked to show the sticker. But that’s not to say I would fly with a non-approved one. I have however had to fight for my daughter’s passenger rights to be seated rear-facing when a flight attendant demanded I turn her car seat around because the person in front of us could only recline about 90% of the way. Mind you, during boarding my husband offered to switch seats with the passenger and we offered to buy drinks and a movie. The guy wasn’t even complaining - the attendant put it on herself to make the fuss. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

I’ve flown several times with my faa-approved car seat and have NEVER been asked to show the sticker. But that’s not to say I would fly with a non-approved one. I have however had to fight for my daughter’s passenger rights to be seated rear-facing when a flight attendant demanded I turn her car seat around because the person in front of us could only recline about 90% of the way. Mind you, during boarding my husband offered to switch seats with the passenger and we offered to buy drinks and a movie. The guy wasn’t even complaining - the attendant put it on herself to make the fuss. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

We were flying within Canada and internationally on canadian airlines. Had to show the Transport Canada sticker that stated the seat was approved for use on a plane.

Just got back yesterday and used a CARES harness on Jetblue. Son is 2yrs 3mo and about 36". Had no issues at all. He didn't mind it, no issues from flight attendants (but I had brought documentation in case). Folded a sweatshirt to make a pillow and he slept next to me. He could reach some of the tray table but also did activities on his lap. I did bring a piece of grippy shelf liner stuff, tucked it into seat for his to sit on and definitely helped him not to slide down.

We have brought a car seat on the plane before. DH did the installs but it was fine. You will most likely need to put the carseat in the window seat. Definitely if the seat is rear facing but I think that applies to forward facing seats as well.

I would make sure your seat is certified for air travel and would consider getting a light weight seat if needed. I agree with the person above who said to know your rights. I have printed out the regulations and brought them with me just in case. I never needed them though.

I would be concerned about putting a 2 year old in a CARES harness if they are on the smaller side. I would definitely do some more research on the minimums of the harness before going with that route.

I used the Caress harness once on a trip (back in 2013) on a 4 hour non stop flight from AZ to MCO. My Ds was 3 at the time and we were using Disney transportation. I also did not buy it, but rented it from someone in EBay for $30. It was easy to install and Ds didn't mind it. My kiddos will not need one by the time we go back. The 5yr old will need a car seat if I decide to go off resort, but I doubt it. I still have a year to decide

Since when? Mine don’t need them anymore, but I have used boosters on American airlines both national and international flights. Things changes I know.
I have never been able to use boosters on plane and my kids pushing 40 years old and that included American. reason is without shoulder belt boosters are not safe as child can come out of just a lapbelt

We bought an Evenflo Tribute car seat for travel. Much slimmer and lighter than our regular car seats. We also bought a strap that wraps around it to hook to our rolling carry-on through the airport.

We also used the Evenflo Tribute Sport, beginning when my daughter was 15 months and it fit great on the plane and installed very easily in rental cars and my mom's car at home. She slept in it on the plane just like in the car. Pretty inexpensive too IIRC.

I will say, I agree with the PP who said it's a PITA to haul a car seat through the airport. That's the only downside to bringing a car seat in my opinion. But we weren't smart enough to buy the rolling attachment or anything haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!