Jet Blue and what can a 2 yr old sit in!!!!

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
So we have such conflicting information!! My grandson is 2, we are flying JetBlue and he has his own seat (per Jet Blue's rules). What can we use for him to sit in?? We were going to get a Cares Harness (FAA approved), but have gotten conflicting information from JetBlue as to whether that's usable or not. Has anyone brought their own carseat? How much of a PITA is that? We don't want to really do that as it's huge (I can't even imagine it fitting right in the seats!!!) but what else can we do????

How long is your flight? I wouldn’t worry if is a short one to bring a car seat. How about a booster seat inflatable? somewhere in Amazon they sell them. If is a long flight I will reconsider bringing my own car seat, it will give you peace during the flight toddlers will sleep on it and behave better on a seat they are used to.

How long is your flight? I wouldn’t worry if is a short one to bring a car seat. How about a booster seat inflatable? somewhere in Amazon they sell them. If is a long flight I will reconsider bringing my own car seat, it will give you peace during the flight toddlers will sleep on it and behave better on a seat they are used to.
It's like 3 hours, but both ways are at night. Has anyone used a car seat on the plane? They fit ok? Seems like such a hassle! This is why I didn't take my kids when they were little, lol!

That won’t work, only approved car seats, no boosters.

With both of my kids, we used the CARES harness for many, many flights. My younger one is now almost 3 and she just sits in the seat with the regular seat belt, buckles it on take off and landing and when we need to, but she doesn't keep it on ALL the time. Sometimes just having familiarity with riding on the airplane can help a lot. We don't drive much so we never take a car seat on the plane - I think each of our kids would have freaked out more at the car seat than the seat belt or CARES harness.

Also - depending on your grandson's temperament and personality, he may not sleep even if it is sleep time. But they may have an easier time sleeping if you are not in the 1st row of your cabin, so you have moveable armrests - you can loosen the seat belt, raise the armrest and let them sleep across the seat with their head on your lap. That has *sometimes* worked.

can not use booster seats on planes

I’ve flown from NJ to Florida with my infant/toddler on JetBlue 5 Times this year we use a stroller gracco stroller that has a car seat attachment we roll the stroller up to the airplane boarding entrance and pop the car seat off and strap the car seat into his seat we pay for a seat for him. But in actuality you can just keep him on your lap and don’t have to buy him/her a seat that is what most people do. My son is a squirmer and the car seat helps for at least half the flight he sleeps in it.

So we have such conflicting information!! My grandson is 2, we are flying JetBlue and he has his own seat (per Jet Blue's rules). What can we use for him to sit in?? We were going to get a Cares Harness (FAA approved), but have gotten conflicting information from JetBlue as to whether that's usable or not. Has anyone brought their own carseat? How much of a PITA is that? We don't want to really do that as it's huge (I can't even imagine it fitting right in the seats!!!) but what else can we do????
You can use either the Cares Harness or the car seat (as long as there is an FAA approval sticker on it). I have used both and Jet Blue with no issues

Since when? Mine don’t need them anymore, but I have used boosters on American airlines both national and international flights. Things changes I know.
I don't know when you last flew with one, but for at least 6 years you have not been allowed to use booster seats on planes. They really don't serve any safety function as their function in the car is to raise the child up to the right height for the shoulder strap and there is no shoulder strap on a plane

I’ve flown from NJ to Florida with my infant/toddler on JetBlue 5 Times this year we use a stroller gracco stroller that has a car seat attachment we roll the stroller up to the airplane boarding entrance and pop the car seat off and strap the car seat into his seat we pay for a seat for him. But in actuality you can just keep him on your lap and don’t have to buy him/her a seat that is what most people do. My son is a squirmer and the car seat helps for at least half the flight he sleeps in it.
lapping doesn't work from OP as child is 2 years old so he will need a seat

I've heard the CARES harness doesn't work great for 2 year olds. The seat that is most often suggested for that age and air travel by Car Seats for the Littles is the Cosco Scenera Next (they are about $40 at Wal-Mart) its lightweight and cheaper than the CARES Harness. That's what I plan to get for my 2.5 year old when we fly in February. Undecided if I'll do the CARES for my 4.5 year old or go without a seat since we are only using Disney transportation.

I don't know when you last flew with one, but for at least 6 years you have not been allowed to use booster seats on planes. They really don't serve any safety function as their function in the car is to raise the child up to the right height for the shoulder strap and there is no shoulder strap on a plane
Yes it fit the time frame, I did it for the rental car, not the airplane security aspect, Thanks for the information about the no booster.

We have brought the car seat on Jetblue a bunch. That was the only way we would be able to get both our DD to take a nap on the flights. It's also something they are used to sitting in and will be comfortable.

It is a big PITA to lug it through the airport. My hubby used to walk with it upside down on his head. They now have something you can attach to it to roll it around.

Last edited:
I've heard the CARES harness doesn't work great for 2 year olds. The seat that is most often suggested for that age and air travel by Car Seats for the Littles is the Cosco Scenera Next (they are about $40 at Wal-Mart) its lightweight and cheaper than the CARES Harness. That's what I plan to get for my 2.5 year old when we fly in February. Undecided if I'll do the CARES for my 4.5 year old or go without a seat since we are only using Disney transportation.
Oh thank you! I'm going to tell my son to lol at that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!