Jersey week 2020

aballerina

Mouseketeer
I'm confused. I'm trying to figure out when Jersey week is in 2020. I've done a search of this forum.

Some posters say it is always the first full week in November. So in 2020 that would be Nov 1 - 7
Other posters say it is the week that includes Veteran's day. So in 2020 that would be Nov 8 - 14

Any idea which is correct.
Thanks!

The NJEA convention in 2020 (the reason schools are closed) is the first week (11/5-6), so technically Jersey Week is that first week. And since Election Day is also that week (11/3/2020), that will be the main week for visitors from NJ on school break.

Ok, thanks.
So likely better to go the second week? Will Veteran's day falling on a Wednesday bring in extra crowds?

Does anyone here remember back to Jersey Week in 2016?
Someone told me that because Election Day fell during Jersey Week in 2016 that the schools were closed all week.
We're trying to plan a trip for Nov 2020 and since Election Day is Tuesday, Nov 3 2020 and Jersey Week will be Nov 5 and 6 we're wondering if the Jersey schools might be closed for the week.
Does anyone have that good of a memory that you might be able to remember back to 2016?

Most schools in jersey are not closed for the week. Election Day always falls during jersey week I believe. In the district I work in we have off Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. My kids don’t have Election Day off so they just have Thursday and Friday. Certainly there will be families that choose to take the whole week. We went jersey week a few years back and didn’t feel the crowds were bad at all. That being said, if you can go the following week, you might as well.

I work in a Jersey school and we go to WDW every Jersey Week. My district nor my kids have election day off and we can only start heading down Wednesday night of that Jersey Week. When it also runs right into Veteran's Day weekend it's even busier. All three of our past trips have had the combo of Jersey Week/Veteran's Weekend, as will this years. 2016 was the most busy we experienced, but I think it felt busier b/c of the Holiday Taping going on and it centering at MK. The past two years the taping has been more spread out and the parade is now taped in DL. 2020 might be slightly better during Jersey Week b/c of Veteran's day being during the next week - who knows though. I'm already sad b/c we can't make Jersey Week in 2020 :( If you do want to be part of the Holiday tapings, it traditionally runs during Jersey Week (but of course that could always change - waiting on this years taping schedule).

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. I'll have to find out from my DD if my grandsons schools are closed for Election Day. I'm hoping so because they will only miss 2 days of school if that is the case.
They're in Middle School and High School now, so missing too many days is no longer an option.
Thanks again to all!

In 2020, our NJ schools are closed on thurs nov 5 and fri nov 6. The elementary schools have half days on m-w that week for teacher conferences.

That’s the way it is every year around here. In 2016, same thing - we only got off on Thursday and Friday.

Parents often pull elementary kids out of school for the half days and take the whole week off.

Some schools are different than others... some may have off for the whole week or have half days, or have off for Election Day. We never have had off for Election Day in our district.

All NJ schools are always closed on Thursday and Friday (and almost no teachers go to the nj teacher convention!).

In NJ and my son’s get off for Election Day. The schools do not close for the week, but get 1/2 days on Monday and Wednesday. Schools that do not close for Election Day May also do 1/2 day Tuesday. Those days are typically used for parent/teacher conferences. It’s a great week just to pull the kids.

I am from NJ, and in our district my kids are off for the entire week. This year the dates are the 4th-8th. Next year the dates are the 2nd-6th.

As someone from NJ we don't get election day off in our county. If we use NJEA break for a trip we have Thursday through Sunday off and a lot of people will add Wednesday, but usually that's it. From past experience as well I'd say the Thursday to Saturday are the busiest at the parks that week.

Truthfully I think the overall difference in park crowds those two weeks is going to be somewhat negligible and between Halloween, Election Days, Veterans Day and who knows what else, I'd just plan whatever works best for you. It's a moderately busy time at the parks either way but very manageable.

We go that same week every year, not because we are from Jersey it just happens to be when my daughters bday is. 2016 was definitely a crowded year, not only did Jersey week cause extra people to flood the parks but they were also filming parts of the xmas parade that week and one of the days was a Daper days. Talk about crowded, but don't be discouraged if you plan right it will all be fine

Does anyone here remember back to Jersey Week in 2016?
Someone told me that because Election Day fell during Jersey Week in 2016 that the schools were closed all week.
We're trying to plan a trip for Nov 2020 and since Election Day is Tuesday, Nov 3 2020 and Jersey Week will be Nov 5 and 6 we're wondering if the Jersey schools might be closed for the week.
Does anyone have that good of a memory that you might be able to remember back to 2016?

I'm confused. I'm trying to figure out when Jersey week is in 2020. I've done a search of this forum.

Some posters say it is always the first full week in November. So in 2020 that would be Nov 1 - 7
Other posters say it is the week that includes Veteran's day. So in 2020 that would be Nov 8 - 14

Any idea which is correct.
Thanks!

It’s always election week. We have state elections on odd years.

The only real effect of Jersey Week on WDW vacations is the cost of flights from LGA/EWR to MCO.

The only real effect of Jersey Week on WDW vacations is the cost of flights from LGA/EWR to MCO.
I've been there several times during Jersey Week and the week before or after and it is MUCH busier during Jersey week. Not Christmas or Spring Break busy.

We are November 12 to November 21, 2020 - to avoid children off from school, being able to vote, and avoiding the Thanksgiving crowds
I hope we avoid hurricanes too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter