Jen's Accountability Journal (any comments welcome)

jenniwho

Earning My Ears
Hello! My name is Jen and I'm in the home stretch of weight loss portion of my journey. I'm starting this journal to hopefully encourage myself and perhaps others. My weight loss has slowed considerably in the last few months so maybe this outlet will help out!

A little background...I am 38 years old and decided I needed to make a lifestyle change last summer. I was just feeling tired, sluggish, and miserable too often. I didn't want to go on a "diet" that I would not be able to sustain long term, so after some online research, I decided to give Weight Watchers a try. I signed up for the online program at the end of July and officially started at the end of August. The weight came off pretty steadily up until the end of the year, then started to stall out. I did no exercise beyond my normal daily activities for the first couple of months, then started to incorporate some walking along with light elliptical work on an older manual elliptical/stepper contraption we have at home. I'm currently down 48.8 pounds with another 10 or so to no longer be classified as "over weight". I figure I'll get to that point before I determine my ultimate goal weight.

The last 10 pounds have been tough to get off, with a loss one week, then a gain, then a loss again...frustrating! So I'm trying to follow some advice I've found in other online support groups and switch things up! I've been trying to eat some different things and try some different exercises. This weeks weigh in brought a 2 pound loss, so hopefully I'm back on track! I'm hoping to get into the couch to 5k program and stick with it! I've done week one, day one twice now but am having trouble keeping up with it. I've never been a runner in my life, but I think this would be a nice habit to start, not only for weight loss, but stress relief and a source of motivation! (I'd love to run a Disney race!)

So thank you if you have read this! I've lurked on these boards often when I've needed ideas or motivation. I hope to update a few times a week. My weigh ins are on Saturday, so I will keep you posted! Happy Sunday to you all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter