Jeff and Brian.....can we get a little cheat sheet

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
Ok guys for all of us non professional photographers can we get a little list of terms, what they mean, which works best.....type of thing? This would be really helpful for us newbies.

For Example :I would love to know:

Shutter speeds, whats the abbreviation for it....which setting is faster/slower

Aperature....same things.....

Depth of Field...what exactly is it?

White Balance.....what do I set it too?

Some of the things above I know but I think it would be helpful for the board to have a little sticky with all the gory details that would apply to "most" cameras.

thanks
Cindy

Um, yeah we might be better off having Brian take a crack at this. No good can come from me making up terms. Otherwise you are going to get stuff like:

Shutter Speed - The speed at which your hands begin to shake as you press down on the button to take a picture. Shutter speed increases in direct proportion to how important the picture is to you.

Depth of field - The exact length from top to bottom of the puddle you just dropped your $1500 camera equipment. Once the crying stops see shutter speed.

White Balance - Number of loaves of white bread you eat in proportion to the healthier whole wheat bread. Those on Atkins should realize this is a theoretical limit.

I've got more if you need them.

Jeff

AZ JazzyJ said:
Um, yeah we might be better off having Brian take a crack at this. No good can come from me making up terms. Otherwise you are going to get stuff like:

Shutter Speed - The speed at which your hands begin to shake as you press down on the button to take a picture. Shutter speed increases in direct proportion to how important the picture is to you.

Depth of field - The exact length from top to bottom of the puddle you just dropped your $1500 camera equipment. Once the crying stops see shutter speed.

White Balance - Number of loaves of white bread you eat in proportion to the healthier whole wheat bread. Those on Atkins should realize this is a theoretical limit.

Jeff

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

you always give me a great giggle....thanks

Brian, I will be looking forward to your version of these terms also....but good heavens can you possibly compete with Jeff.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

great articles.....thanks for sharing them. I am going to bookmark them for future reference.

AZ JazzyJ said:

Jeff

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Soooo... I'm not the only one who's done the puddle thing? :rolleyes1

jenny2 said:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Soooo... I'm not the only one who's done the puddle thing? :rolleyes1

When I first bought my D70, I had a bunch of problems--all operator error of course. I called my mentor telling him "I messed up my camera" and without even thinking about it he says "You dropped it?"

Luckily that wan't the case, and he got me up and running during that ten minute phone call. I worked a show with him last weekend which is always fun, but it just depresses me that he is so much better than I'll ever be...

Anne

AZ JazzyJ said:

I've got more if you need them.Jeff

HELP!! Spare us, please!! Brian, HELP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter