Jedi Training

NeuroCindy

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

My nephew is really hoping to do the Jedi Training on Monday 7/30. I'm rope dropping with him and heading straight there to sign up. How much before park open do you think we should get there? I'm a WDW vet that hasn't been to Disneyland in 20 years, so any insights, advice, paths, directions, etc are greatly appreciated. :)

This doesn’t really answer your question but may help... when we signed my son up last spring break/easter weekend we didn’t get to it until at least an hour AFTER park opening and still got the time slot we wanted :)

We went three weeks ago. We were at the back of the rope drop crowd. When we arrived at launch bay, we were five families back and the process took less than 5 minutes.

Where abouts is this in DL? I think it's id something my DD9 and DNiece8 would like to try when we go in March 2019.

While Jedi Training is popular, and it’s wise to go early (especially if you’re picky about your showtime), it’s not something that people stampede for IME. It’s a “go early but don’t stress and rush there” type of thing.

Also, for the record, we’ve signed up as “standby” later in the day three times and always gotten a spot. Obviously not the ideal situation, but I always mention it on JT threads so people know that can be an option.

We were there 3 weeks ago. I hadn't done JT before, as our youngest daughter had zero interest in it. Now, we have 4 grandsons who all love Star Wars, so JT is a must for our next few trips (each grandkid gets to go alone w/ gramma and grampa the summer after 1st grade).

So, here was our experience 3 weeks ago...

At rope drop, we went straight to the Launch Bay area like there was an alien chasing us. Basically, go *all* the way around Innoventions/Launch Bay until you see the ramp basically next to the bathrooms. This was farther over than I expected! After thought: There's no need to rush this fast. I just have serious anxiety, so I was seriously scared that 1,865,182 families would be there before us and all the spots would be taken. There's not a wild rush to do it!

You'll wait in line with whomever got there before you. In our case, we had maybe 10 families in front of us, and it took less than 10 minutes to get through the line. When you get to the front of the line, the CM will ask the kiddo their name, how old they are, and if they can follow instructions. If they answer, then they are allowed to be a part of JT. My grandson said his name, barely said his age out loud, and only nodded about following instructions, and they still let him.

They will let you choose your time from whatever times are still available (all the times still had lots of slots when we were there). They will give you a card to bring back 15 minutes before the show. Note: If you don't keep track of the card, you won't be guaranteed a spot at JT. If you don't arrive 10 minutes early, they tell you they may fill your spot with standby kiddo.

They will corral the kids, take them in small groups to get their Jedi robes, then take individual pictures of the kids. While all this is going on, they get the grown-ups into a group and lead us to the family viewing area, which is floor seating, ground level. If you can't sit on the floor, they will allow you to stand in the back of the reserved area.

They will march the kids in a few minutes after the start of the showtime, and the show will commence. I think ours lasted about 10 minutes. Sit and enjoy the show--they will take a few pictures of your Jedi during their training.

You can purchase the pictures a few hours later, if you want, from either picture shop at the resort, or they can load them right into your PhotoPass/MaxPass account if you have paid for either.

Our grandson LOVED it. Seriously one of his favorite things about the trip! He walked around the next 3 days trying to use the Force to raise the stage every time we walked by it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter