Jedi Training

Katykins14

Earning My Ears
Any idea how quickly Jedi Training fills up? I'm wondering if it's imperative that we make signing up our first stop on our EMH.

It goes pretty quick. I've always signed up before doing any other rides. You could risk it and get a fastpass somewhere else beforehand but you will need your passes to sign up for the Jedi Training. Also you can pick any time slot you want for the Jedi Training, you don't have to take the earliest available.

We've gone at rope drop and also towards the end of EMH and gotten a space every time, even when it's super busy. The issue was if we wanted a particular time (like first show) we went right away, as opposed to later in the hour. Also, when it's MM or EMH, the CMs fill half the spots at the early hour (if that many people show up) and reserve half the spots for the regular park opening hour, to be fair. So potentially, you could be waiting over there at 8am (or whatever the regular opening time is) and snag a spot as soon as the park opens. Don't know if they still hold spots for each show though.

We were just there first week of January and did not need our passes to sign up for Jedi Academy. FYI. But my little Jedi had to be with me! :) The kids must be there to answer questions, etc. He was THRILLED to battle Kylo Ren! Totally worth it! Have fun!

I agree that it depends on when you're going to be there. I was there in late November, when the crowds were fairly low, and we didn't get over to Jedi Training until about a half hour after opening and they still had slots open. I would still make an effort to get there as soon as possible, but if you're not going at a super busy time, I think you'd be okay getting there at opening.

As poptart90 said, we did not need our park tickets to sign up for Jedi Training, but the CMs did want to see and speak with both kids before letting them sign up (which basically meant getting a slip of paper with the show time - they didn't take down the child's name that I recall). They asked both kids a couple of questions (e.g., how old are you? do you follow your teacher's instructions? do you want to do Jedi Training?).

Thanks for all the info! I think we'll plan on heading over there first thing when we get in the park. I think we'll be going at a not-so-busy time (the week before Presidents Day, so before most mid-winter breaks), and we don't really have a time preference, but I do want to make sure we can get in. My daughter just watched ALL of the Star Wars movies last weekend, heading out to see Last Jedi this weekend, and I think she'd totally be into this!

Thanks for all the info! I think we'll plan on heading over there first thing when we get in the park. I think we'll be going at a not-so-busy time (the week before Presidents Day, so before most mid-winter breaks), and we don't really have a time preference, but I do want to make sure we can get in. My daughter just watched ALL of the Star Wars movies last weekend, heading out to see Last Jedi this weekend, and I think she'd totally be into this!

I'm so excited for her...and you! It's such a cool show. I wish they'd let parents do it! LOL

Don't know your ticket situation. Are you planning to purchase the Max Pass option? If not, or if not everyday, I would definitely suggest purchasing Max Pass for the Jedi Training Academy day. Here's why: if you have Max Pass, you also get the Photo Pass included free. And they take the most incredible photos of the kids battling the Dark guys with lightsabers during the show. They make the best little photo memory books, or for scrap books, or make an 8x10 for her room to show friends, etc. They are the best keepsakes ever! And if she's into Star Wars, this could be a great post-vacay gift. :)

I'm not sure how long you have to download them. I assume it's the 60 days like Photo Pass used to be. I have an annual pass with Max Pass so I'm not sure about the regular ticket differences, if any? Maybe someone could chime in and confirm how long you have to download photos if you choose Max Pass as a daily option?

Here's an example of the photos they take. The photographers do such a good job of capturing the moment! :darth::tigger: So exciting!!! :)

Jedi Training Vader Block 2015 copy.jpg

Here is our photo :)

What a great photo! Look at that Jedi stance!:simba: yeah, I'm a Jedi Academy junkie! I like going to watch the shows and cheering on all the kids even if mine aren't participating. Too much fun! Thanks for sharing!!

I thought it was an interesting set-up for Photopass, but it makes complete sense. When you check-in, the Photopass Photographer will hand you a PP card that is specifically for that session of Jedi Training. Once you enter the code, you'll get all of the photos they took for that session. There are lots of group photos, plus the one-on-ones with the villain. When I entered the code, a bunch of photos showed up, but none of my friend's kid. When I went back a bit later, a hundred plus photos had loaded (including photos of my friend's kid); so, if you don't see your kid at first, be patient. There are a lot of photos to load!

Those photos are fantastic! Yes, we plan to get Max Pass, both for the FastPass option as well as Photopass! She doesn't know about this trip yet (SURPRISE!!), but I think she'll totally dig this!

Hi, not sure if someone can answer my question...our kids had their Jedi training last April 13th but we forgot to get the code for the photo download... I purchased MaxPass on that day... is there still a way to get the photo code? Can the mobile apps able to retrieve the code or the photos?

We were there for Easter last year and signed my son up for a midday session more than an hour after park opening. We had the option to choose from several times too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter