Jedi Training Villians?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
When we looked into this for our trip last fall the villains could be Vader and some girl from the cartoon. I checked the website and it only lists Vader and Kylo Renn. My daughter really wants to do this so I was trying to plan what she needs to watch before we go. Does the cartoon villain girl ever fight anymore? Or should I just show her Vader and Renn?

To further expand on the topic of this thread, my husband and I loved watching the littles (other people's kids, we don't have any, unless the cat counts) battle Vader and Kylo Ren at Hollywood Studios when we went this past February.

To further expand on the topic of this thread, my husband and I loved watching the littles (other people's kids, we don't have any, unless the cat counts) battle Vader and Kylo Ren at Hollywood Studios when we went this past February.

How old do you think is too old for this? My son really wants to do it, but is 12 and tall. I don’t want him embarrassed... or upset if he isn’t allowed, so would like to prepare him. Thanks!

3 weeks ago it was Kylo Ren and Vader. The girl at our training was a Jedi-wannabe trying to harness the Force, and the kids showed her how to battle the Empire.

How old do you think is too old for this? My son really wants to do it, but is 12 and tall. I don’t want him embarrassed... or upset if he isn’t allowed, so would like to prepare him. Thanks!
When my grandson (7 years old) did this a few weeks ago, most kids were probably 6 to 10 years old. According to Disney, ages 4 to 12 are acceptable. I don't remember seeing any kid and thinking, "They are too old," but I tend to be a "live and let live," knowing that telling ages after 10-11 years old can be pretty tough! When you show up for training, he will be able to see if there's any older kids in the training too. If he's embarrassed to be the obvious oldest kid, he can always duck out and say he changed his mind.

When my grandson (7 years old) did this a few weeks ago, most kids were probably 6 to 10 years old. According to Disney, ages 4 to 12 are acceptable. I don't remember seeing any kid and thinking, "They are too old," but I tend to be a "live and let live," knowing that telling ages after 10-11 years old can be pretty tough! When you show up for training, he will be able to see if there's any older kids in the training too. If he's embarrassed to be the obvious oldest kid, he can always duck out and say he changed his mind.

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated!

I'm glad someone more knowledgeable than I responded, but if your son wants to do it, I hope he does, even if he's at the upper end of the age bracket.

In April I saw it with Seventh Sister ("the girl"), so maybe it varies. It really makes no sense to have Vader and Kylo Ren there together. Seventh Sister was one of Vader's Inquisitors, a group of Force wielders he used to hunt down the last remnants of the Jedi. They appeared in the Star Wars: Rebels cartoon. Even Maul did at least exist at the same time as Darth Vader, though he was no longer a Sith Lord and had robot legs.

I mean, they're the two most popular, recognizable villains in the SW franchise as far as the masses are concerned. I think it's okay for them to share a stage to battle the kids.

I mean, they're the two most popular, recognizable villains in the SW franchise as far as the masses are concerned. I think it's okay for them to share a stage to battle the kids.

Well, yeah, it's not a huge deal or anything. Actually, aren't they like Force visions or something anyway, and not the actual characters. I've never paid that close of attention to the show. At any rate, I like the Inquisitors and I like that they make more sense for the show. Then again, they wouldn't have been training Youngling Jedi once Vader existed anyway, so, you know. The Star Wars nerd in me thinks about these things though.

I'm glad someone more knowledgeable than I responded, but if your son wants to do it, I hope he does, even if he's at the upper end of the age bracket.

Thanks, Lizzy. I hope he does too. He’s more of a rule follower than one to be embarrassed - so if it’s ages up to 12 then he’ll probably do it regardless of how it “looks” - he’s tall, but 12! :)

Well, yeah, it's not a huge deal or anything. Actually, aren't they like Force visions or something anyway, and not the actual characters. I've never paid that close of attention to the show. At any rate, I like the Inquisitors and I like that they make more sense for the show. Then again, they wouldn't have been training Youngling Jedi once Vader existed anyway, so, you know. The Star Wars nerd in me thinks about these things though.

I'm totally like that, too, if it's a story line in the movies, etc., but entertainment for kids, I'm a bit more lax. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter