Jedi Training: Sith kill off young Jedi

Did anyone who emailed to complain receive a response? I got an auto response saying someone would get back to me in five days but I never got a response. I just emailed again.

Edited to add... my latest email got an auto response that said someone will respond to me in seven to 10 business days... hmmmmmmm.

I also just got the auto response.

Got a response today:
Dear Candice,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Disneyland Resort.

We appreciate your valuable feedback for Jedi Training Academy, Bugs Land, King Triton's Carousel of the Sea, and World of Color. I would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our theme parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement something different. Please be assured that exciting new things are on the horizon!

Walt Disney once stated, "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world." In that spirit, we will continue to delight our Guests with both new and nostalgic experiences and offerings. I hope you will continue to visit the Resort and that we exceed your expectations through our many offerings.

Candice, thank you again for contacting us. I hope your future visits to our Resort are filled with endless magic.

Got a response today:
Dear Candice,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Disneyland Resort.

We appreciate your valuable feedback for Jedi Training Academy, Bugs Land, King Triton's Carousel of the Sea, and World of Color. I would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our theme parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement something different. Please be assured that exciting new things are on the horizon!

Walt Disney once stated, "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world." In that spirit, we will continue to delight our Guests with both new and nostalgic experiences and offerings. I hope you will continue to visit the Resort and that we exceed your expectations through our many offerings.

Candice, thank you again for contacting us. I hope your future visits to our Resort are filled with endless magic.
I got something similar. So lame.

I got a response similar to the one above this morning, too. At least my complaint was acknowledged, I guess?

Here's a link to the OC Register: https://www.ocregister.com/2018/10/09/disneyland-will-cancel-its-jedi-training-academy/

According to this, Disney officials confirmed the closure. The only rumors of the Jedi Academy closure are the rumors saying it's not happening. That said, enough complaints might get them to change their mind. Maybe??? I would be very happy to be misinformed on this one.

While this article indicates that Disney Officials have "confirmed" that the last day of Jedi Training will be on November 3, 2018, the Daily schedule now includes a full slate of Jedi Training on November 4th.

I hope the schedule is correct, as that is our first park day. To me, it makes sense for the show to continue until Sunday, which will likely be a crowded day. (I have been posting about the lack of shows on the schedule, so I am glad that DLR management is finally getting the calendar fully updated.)

Last edited:
Just to follow up, the last day of Jedi Training in TL at DLR was on November 4th!

We rope dropped the sign up, and there were plenty of slots available. We signed up for the 10:30 AM show (8 AM park opening opening), and had time for Space Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, BTMRR, and POTC before the show! We were surprised at the number of photopass pictures for each of our kids (it was much more than in DHS). They said it was because it was the last day.

Wow, I somehow missed the news this was going away. Glad my daughter got to do it the last time we were there, she used to watch my son do it when he was younger and had been waiting for her chance.

I'm still hoping this pops back up in Galaxy's Edge when it opens.

I'd be very, very surprised if it does. The central concept of Galaxy's Edge is that you're supposed to actually feel like you're in a space port somewhere, and that nothing at all inside the land will acknowledge that you're inside a theme park-- so no merchandise saying "I visited Galaxy's Edge," etc. A show like Jedi Training would break that concept.

I'd be very, very surprised if it does. The central concept of Galaxy's Edge is that you're supposed to actually feel like you're in a space port somewhere, and that nothing at all inside the land will acknowledge that you're inside a theme park-- so no merchandise saying "I visited Galaxy's Edge," etc. A show like Jedi Training would break that concept.

At the same time, you're supposed to be able to live out an adventure and participate in the land's goings on. It's not outside the realm of possibility that there will be someone from the resistance "recruiting" force sensitive children to develop their skills and learn to fight the First Order. I agree that it is unlikely, but it could be possible to put something together that would allow kids to live their star wars adventure without breaking the concept as you say.

Training young Padawans would break the story? Surely they would have to train them “in real life”, so I don’t see how that would be an issue. In the show, the kids aren’t treated as theme park guests - they are treated as Jedi in training. It seems like a good fit to me. ***I am not a Star Wars expert, nor have I done much research on GE.

Training young Padawans would break the story? Surely they would have to train them “in real life”, so I don’t see how that would be an issue. In the show, the kids aren’t treated as theme park guests - they are treated as Jedi in training. It seems like a good fit to me. ***I am not a Star Wars expert, nor have I done much research on GE.

Well, it's the time frame that's the problem. There really are no Jedi at the time in which Galaxy's Edge is set. I absolutely agree though that a re-work of the show could be done where maybe the resistance is recruiting, but there would be no lightsabers, so I don't know.

Well, it's the time frame that's the problem. There really are no Jedi at the time in which Galaxy's Edge is set. I absolutely agree though that a re-work of the show could be done where maybe the resistance is recruiting, but there would be no lightsabers, so I don't know.
Gotcha. Told you I wasn’t an expert! For the sake of my young children, I hope they figure out a way to make it (or something similar) happen. They are SO sad it’s gone.

Srsly? They classify Jedi Training as a "nostalgic experience"? Considering the age limits, the show is always new, always fresh to the people who actually get to participate, i.e. kindergarteners and elementary school children. If there really is nothing similar coming, PLUS taking away all princess meals except a $125+tax+tip per person (child or adult meal) at GCH, I really feel like we should skip DLR for WDW. My DD is finally old enough to take part in the training, and my second son is about to age out. These facts were influencing the timing of our trip. If nothing is coming, maybe neither are we.
Thanks for posting the https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/ so I can officially complain.

Oh I'm glad this thread got resurrected, I have been wondering about Jedi Training at DL and was going to post a question about it. So bummed to hear it's gone! My kids loved it at WDW :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts