Jedi Training: Sith kill off young Jedi

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by GatorChris, Oct 8, 2018.

1. GatorChris

GatorChris Not of This World

And by Sith, I mean Disneyland Execs. https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/...-no-transition-plan-for-current-cast-members/

I'm bummed about this. All my kids have grown up doing this. They really enjoy it every time. My oldest finally aged out, but she did it up until she was 12. Per the report, it'll close early November. So all the holiday travelers will miss out. With no Bug's Land and no Jedi Academy, it appears younger Disneyland goers have few options this coming year.

Sure does seem like we're all getting a lot less for a lot more, these days.

julieheyer and ExcitedMama like this.
  2. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Invented the term "Characterpalooza"

I agree. They also killed off the only princess character meal with no replacement.

julieheyer, ExcitedMama and mummabear like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. bethwc101

bethwc101 DIS Veteran

I've been saying for years they seem to be transitioning away from the young family crowd and into the young adult/teen crowd. Let Knotts and Six Flags have them. I would much prefer the young family atmosphere.

5. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Hmm. Wonder if they’ll bring in a new show or start using this as a testing grounds for some SWL stuff.

6. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

This makes me really sad... my son just turned four this year and I was hoping he could do this during Christmas. :(

7. MrsD.Duck

MrsD.Duck Earning My Ears

My youngest son did this many years ago when you had to jump up and down to get picked. My husband and I still loved to grab a soda and table to watch the younglings learn their jedi skills. It will be missed.

8. otten

otten DIS Veteran

This is disappointing. My oldest loved this.

9. mummabear

mummabear DIS Veteran

I was so annoyed by this I emailed them. It just seems illogical, why get rid of an expensive meal that was always booked solid? I know they wanted to fit the theme of Pixar Pier (and I also asked them why they didnt make Lamplight Lounge a Pixar Character meal for breakfast/lunch), but is it seriously that hard to have the princess meal at another location?

10. LizzyS

LizzyS DIS Veteran

That's a bummer. Do we think that Jedi Training may eventually move to Galaxy's Edge?

I don't have kids, but after enjoying watching the kids do this at WDW, I'm real sad it won't be an option anymore.

Jaina likes this.
  11. Lauren in NC

Lauren in NC Mouseketeer

That's a bummer. My son was finally thinking about trying that on our next trip, but it looks like it'll be closed by then!

12. ExcitedMama

ExcitedMama DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the warning! I’m glad I can give my kids the bad news and offer them one last chance to battle during our trip next week.

13. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!! My son is the biggest Star Wars fan and has been waiting and waiting to turn 4 so he can do this. How strict are they regarding the age limit? My son will be 4 in a few months.

14. Skyegirl1999

Skyegirl1999 1st pickle of the day!

They'll ask him his age and he'll need to say he's four. I have known people who coach their kids to say they're four and have done it early, but you don't strike me as the "hey, son, lie to these workers" type, so you're probably out of luck. :-(

I'm so sorry; that stinks for him! I know how much my daughter looked forward to turning 4 so she could do it. I hope they bring something comparable back and he has a chance to participate.

bumbershoot and SOCALMouseMommy like this.
  15. SOCALMouseMommy

Booooo.... such a bummer. You are correct, I’m not into teaching my kid to lie so looks like he will be out of luck. Such a shame. I’m so sad. :(

16. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Hoping that Disney brings this back better than ever when SWGE opens.

traciruns likes this.
  17. mymaxisbig

mymaxisbig Earning My Ears

Ha ha sure he’s the biggest fan

18. JohnneeO

JohnneeO Mouseketeer

The only age limit Disney cares about is serving alcohol to guests who are 21 or over. Everything else is the honor system. As far as Disney is concerned, you and you family are whatever age you tell them.

19. jbh275

jbh275 Love VGC

We've got more pictures of Jedi training than any individual park attraction. My kids loved it, they are too old now but it's really sad that this wonderful experience is leaving.

20. GatorChris

GatorChris Not of This World

You can send an email complaint to them right here. Trust me, they listen.
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

21. SOCALMouseMommy

GatorChris likes this.