Jedi Training on EMH day....how early to get to park?

mala55

Mouseketeer
My DD (11) desperately wants to do the Jedi Training. The only day I can seem to fit HS into our schedule is on a EMH day. I've read the best way to get Jedi Training is to get to the park 60 minutes early and toward the front of the park entry to make a run for it to the sign up. Is this the case on EMH days too? That just seems way too early.

Another strategy I read about was getting an early ADR. I can get one at Hollywood and Vjne for 8:10am, but unless they let us in the park before 8, I don't see how this could work on an EMH day. Right?

We signed up for Jedi training on an EMH day. Didn't get there extra early but did run straight to location as soon as they let us in. We had to queue for the entire magic hour to finally get to sign up but we got a slot.

We signed our son up on an EMH day. Probably got to Hollywood Studios about 10 minutes before it opened. There was no shortage of people telling us exactly where to head. Was in line for maybe 45 minutes or so, but there were plenty of slots available and little man got to fight Darth Vader (he was so happy). This was the week before Christmas, too, when crowds were kind of crazy.

We've done EMH and not EMH, both had sizable crowds 45 minutes before scheduled park open. This is one of the most popular experiences on property, and people will be out there early to sign up. I recommend getting there 45 minutes to an hour early to minimize time lost standing in line. They tend to open the tapstiles early, so if you are there early, you may even avoid missing any ride time in line for signups.

Last trip, scheduled park open was 9, they let us in at 8:30ish, we were signed up 15 minutes later with plenty to get some pics before the park attractions opened up. When we turned around after signing up, the line was ridiculous. I posted some photos and info from our last signup experience here. This was the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Good luck, it's worth every second if you have a Star Wars fan.

I think I must have gotten lucky. While we intended to be in line at 7:15, we ran a little late and got into line to enter just as it started moving. We stayed left and waited to be allowed to enter the rest of the park. When the park opened, we walked at a normal pace to Jedi Training. People ran past us. One man abandoned his children as he took off running, then turned around and yelled at them to hurry up. We waited 20 minutes or less. It would have been much shorter if two of the check in cast members were not trainees.

On a non-EMH day, we had a similar experience, and waited maybe 25 minutes. We had no trouble getting the exact time slot we wanted (early afternoon) either day.

So they don't allow sign ups to occur during EMH--only at regular park opening? Meaning if you cant do EMH, the line would already be quite long at regular park opening bc EMH hour people may have lined up waiting?

So they don't allow sign ups to occur during EMH--only at regular park opening? Meaning if you cant do EMH, the line would already be quite long at regular park opening bc EMH hour people may have lined up waiting?

My experience is that, on an EMH day (EMH beginning at 8), they allowed people in to sign up around 7:45. However, the line of EMH people was plenty long, so anyone arriving after EMH would have a long wait ahead of them, and possibly not get in at all.

We signed up for Jedi Training on an EMH day during EMH. We got to the park extra early but our #1 priority was to rope drop TSMM since they were down to one track and there were no fastpasses being given. We went straight to TSMM when the park opened and rode it. We were done by maybe 8:30am (still during EMH) so we walked over to sign up for Jedi Training. There was no line, we walked right up and got spots for both of my kids (my DD didn't originally want to do it but the CM talked her into it!). I think all the morning spots were filled by that point but we wanted to go after lunch anyways, so that worked great for us!

I'll be very interested in hearing how this goes once HS EMH starts daily at 7am. We'll be going in August and Jedi is a must for DS. I really don't want to have to arrive by 615am to ensure we get signed up!!!!

I'll be very interested in hearing how this goes once HS EMH starts daily at 7am. We'll be going in August and Jedi is a must for DS. I really don't want to have to arrive by 615am to ensure we get signed up!!!!

Same! We have a July trip with these hours.

If you have a time or 2 you really want, I'd be at the gates by 6:30. Sure, Toy Story is going to be a big draw, but I don't think it matters when the park opens, the Jedi Training line will build quick. For a lot of kids, it's the most important thing to do on the trip, my daughter included. I think they'd have a line if they opened at 3 AM

If you have a time or 2 you really want, I'd be at the gates by 6:30. Sure, Toy Story is going to be a big draw, but I don't think it matters when the park opens, the Jedi Training line will build quick. For a lot of kids, it's the most important thing to do on the trip, my daughter included. I think they'd have a line if they opened at 3 AM
The last time we did it was 2015, but we did go on an 8am EMH morning. Got there at 7am because I was taking no chances and ended up being one of the first to sign up. I have been thinking we'll aim to arrive by 630am this time, but if I can push it to 645, I might!

So if you can't go to EMH bc you're off site, you shouldn't try to do this on an EMH day? I have friends going for 3 days and they'd prefer to do MK,DHS,MK but the middle day is EMH at DHS, so I guess I will suggest they do MK back to back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!