Jedi Training combined with Pre-Park opening ADR

ArtieRyder

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

Just a quick question if anyone has done this?

We went in May. We had reservations for Star Wars dessert party and my kids can't make it the whole day in the park. So we wanted a later jedi training timeslot. I tried to get there for opening, wound up walking in 5 minutes after opening. I then had to wait about an hour to get our timeslot.

My question is, can you cancel a pre-park opening ADR and then be the first on line? Maybe we book it for the whole family and we run over while everyone else is checking in. Or we eat real quick and run over. Or, can I book a single person ADR, skip it and get in line, and just pay the penalty?

Hey all,

Just a quick question if anyone has done this?

We went in May. We had reservations for Star Wars dessert party and my kids can't make it the whole day in the park. So we wanted a later jedi training timeslot. I tried to get there for opening, wound up walking in 5 minutes after opening. I then had to wait about an hour to get our timeslot.

My question is, can you cancel a pre-park opening ADR and then be the first on line? Maybe we book it for the whole family and we run over while everyone else is checking in. Or we eat real quick and run over. Or, can I book a single person ADR, skip it and get in line, and just pay the penalty?
Guests with PPO ADRs enter the park, sign-up for JTA, and then go to H&V for breakfast.

Also, the child must be there with the adult in order to sign up for Jedi training.

Yes, I'm aware of that from the last time I registered

Guests with PPO ADRs enter the park, sign-up for JTA, and then go to H&V for breakfast.

So, you can register before the park opens? I assumed that if the park opened at 9, and I could get towards the front of the line PPO, say 845, they would start taking us at 9.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can make a H&V ADR for 845AM. Get to the park around 830AM. Walk straight to Jedi, register, and then H&V?

Yes, I'm aware of that from the last time I registered

So, you can register before the park opens? I assumed that if the park opened at 9, and I could get towards the front of the line PPO, say 845, they would start taking us at 9.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can make a H&V ADR for 845AM. Get to the park around 830AM. Walk straight to Jedi, register, and then H&V?
Yes. You'll actually be allowed to enter Studios at 8:00, head to JTA sign-ups, and then H&V.

Follow up question to this... We have a PPO breakfast for 8:15. Our kids have never had interest in JTA before, but we have FP+ scheduled for morning. If we would enter the park and sign up for JTA before breakfast, would we be able to choose a time later in the day or do they assign them starting with early morning times first?

Follow up question to this... We have a PPO breakfast for 8:15. Our kids have never had interest in JTA before, but we have FP+ scheduled for morning. If we would enter the park and sign up for JTA before breakfast, would we be able to choose a time later in the day or do they assign them starting with early morning times first?

You pick whatever time works for you.

Coming from the Swan, what time do the boats start running for an 8 AM H&V? I know buses are at 6:30, but no buses from the Swan to HS.

You can actually enter at 8:00 for an 8:45 ADR?
Yes, and it messed up my family's plans at both Epcot (where we had PPO reservations at Akershus) and HS for H&V, because we arrived 15 minutes before our reservation time to find ourselves waiting in lines behind people with later reservations than us who got seated and served first. They then got out in time to jump into FEA line and JTA line before us. We ended up so "late" that we skipped FEA and did it after closing, with my DH and then 2yo DD skipping it as they were too tired to wait in an hour-long line at night*. JTA filled up before we made it to the front of the line, so I actually had to rearrange later days' plans to get us into H&V for a *second* PPO breakfast (umpteen late hours looking for an dining reservation to open up), where I then knew the game to dishonor my reservation time. Come at the same time as you would for an 8:00am reservation, run in, and go straight to JTA. H&V staff are unfortunately used to people showing up late to the PPO reservations because they're in line for JTA sign-ups. (I asked a couple of CMs about the issue.) Then show up and get seated at H&V, even if you're showing up at 8:40am when you had an 8:20am reservation. (I *never* would have thought to sign up for JTA before eating at H&V because I would have feared losing my table and breakfast by showing up late and getting charged, two separate negative things, and I would've felt rude showing up late ecept that everyone else was doing it.) It all felt a little crazy and stressful, but the kids got to do JTA as planned long, long ago.

*FEA came back to us, though, one night at MK, when the man in front of me in line for hats at the front of the park asked if I was going back to Epcot before my trip ended. I said yes, and he handed me some "We're sorry!" type of FEA passes his family had received earlier that week after some snafu at Epcot. They were leaving the next morning and could not use them. I was so happy that we were getting a second chance to ride as a complete family, and we got a terrific photo! I had been heartbroken and stressed out when our Akershus morning went so awry. You never know what that pixie dust you're passing on might mean to that stranger!

Yes, and it messed up my family's plans at both Epcot (where we had PPO reservations at Akershus) and HS for H&V, because we arrived 15 minutes before our reservation time to find ourselves waiting in lines behind people with later reservations than us who got seated and served first. They then got out in time to jump into FEA line and JTA line before us. We ended up so "late" that we skipped FEA and did it after closing, with my DH and then 2yo DD skipping it as they were too tired to wait in an hour-long line at night*. JTA filled up before we made it to the front of the line, so I actually had to rearrange later days' plans to get us into H&V for a *second* PPO breakfast (umpteen late hours looking for an dining reservation to open up), where I then knew the game to dishonor my reservation time. Come at the same time as you would for an 8:00am reservation, run in, and go straight to JTA. H&V staff are unfortunately used to people showing up late to the PPO reservations because they're in line for JTA sign-ups. (I asked a couple of CMs about the issue.) Then show up and get seated at H&V, even if you're showing up at 8:40am when you had an 8:20am reservation. (I *never* would have thought to sign up for JTA before eating at H&V because I would have feared losing my table and breakfast by showing up late and getting charged, two separate negative things, and I would've felt rude showing up late ecept that everyone else was doing it.) It all felt a little crazy and stressful, but the kids got to do JTA as planned long, long ago.

*FEA came back to us, though, one night at MK, when the man in front of me in line for hats at the front of the park asked if I was going back to Epcot before my trip ended. I said yes, and he handed me some "We're sorry!" type of FEA passes his family had received earlier that week after some snafu at Epcot. They were leaving the next morning and could not use them. I was so happy that we were getting a second chance to ride as a complete family, and we got a terrific photo! I had been heartbroken and stressed out when our Akershus morning went so awry. You never know what that pixie dust you're passing on might mean to that stranger!

That is crazy. I would have been worried about losing my reservation and being charged showing up late also. We have never done a PPO ADR so I'm still trying to wrap my brain around paying OOP for a character breakfast just to get to an attraction early.

I am glad you got some pixie dust for FEA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter