Jedi Training Academy and Toy Story Land

Crystal824

DIS Veteran
We will be at HS next week. I plan to arrive at RD that day, which is 7 am (EMH). We obviously want to check out TSL. We have a FP for SDD later in the morning. I want to try to do TSM and Alien Swirling Saucers during EMH. However, my eight year old daughter LOVES JTA. I will need to sign her up for that as well. In the past, we would go straight to sign ups at DHS. I'm not sure what is the best course of action with the opening of TSL.

What strategy should I use? Should I sign her up first or head to TSL and sign her up after EMH?

Thanks, Robo. That is what I was thinking, but I didn't know how crowded TSL was getting first thing in the morning.

We will be at HS next week. I plan to arrive at RD that day, which is 7 am (EMH). We obviously want to check out TSL. We have a FP for SDD later in the morning. I want to try to do TSM and Alien Swirling Saucers during EMH. However, my eight year old daughter LOVES JTA. I will need to sign her up for that as well. In the past, we would go straight to sign ups at DHS. I'm not sure what is the best course of action with the opening of TSL.

What strategy should I use? Should I sign her up first or head to TSL and sign her up after EMH?

Several days last week they still had JTA spots when we passed around 11am.

TSL had about 30 min waits at the alien SS and mania until about 10am, Slinky Dog was about an hour wait until 10 am, then the waits went up.

Last edited:

Thanks, Robo. That is what I was thinking, but I didn't know how crowded TSL was getting first thing in the morning.

It is VERY crowded, but you said...
my eight year old daughter LOVES JTA. I will need to sign her up for that as well. In the past, we would go straight to sign ups at DHS.

So, that's why I told you to sign up first.

If your actual priority is shorter lines in TSL, then go to TSL first.

Sometimes you have to make the hard choices. ;)

Because, from another thread @Shaun176 wrote:
Really depends on how busy it is. We were there last week and saw there were still spots when we passed at 11am. Last Thanksgiving, we got in line (for Jedi Training) 30 mins before rope drop and got one of the last spots for the day.

Last edited:
We are battling the same. We have a big group and 5 kids that want to do Jedi training so I think we are going to head there first. I guess we just hope that the line dies down for the other later on sometime.

We are battling the same. We have a big group and 5 kids that want to do Jedi training so I think we are going to head there first. I guess we just hope that the line dies down for the other later on sometime.

In the past, we have always done JTA sign-ups first. On the last few trips, I have noticed that there were still spots available in the late morning (no idea what time those shows are though). Even so, I think we will sign up first.

For you, I would sign up first so you can get all 5 into the same show. There are a lot of spots, but I'm sure they fill up randomly due to FPs and ADRs.

We only have one that wants to do JTA. We probably could get into a show even if we did TSL first, but I'm concerned about getting into a show that fits our schedule. We want to go back to the hotel and swim in the late afternoon and we have a ADR at our hotel at 5:30 so to give us the most options for JTA, we will sign up first. Also, we won't have to track back to the front after doing TSL.

It is VERY crowded, but you said...

So, that's why I told you to sign up first.

If your actual priority is shorter lines in TSL, then go to TSL first.

Sometimes you have to make the hard choices. ;)

Because, from another thread
Really depends on how busy it is. We were there last week and saw there were still spots when we passed at 11am. Last Thanksgiving, we got in line (for Jedi Training) 30 mins before rope drop and got one of the last spots for the day.
That was very true. In November. Has no real bearing on JTA sign up now. Full spots 30 min after opening hasn't been happening since TSL opened.
It's not a hard choice right now at all.
There's been no reason to rush to sign up at JTA. Spots are lasting till afternoon, if not longer, every day. During our trip we saw them available as we left the park at 4:30PM.
Though I take it back, there would be 1 reason to rush to JTA, if you absolutely, positively must have a specific time for that day, and no others. In that case, you need to be there early, so you can sign up for the only spot that works for you. For anyone who can work with anything in the day, go to TSL first. JTA second.

Hoping lines die down in TSL by the time we are there the first week in December. We are going to try to do both as well!

Ok, this has convinced me to sign up for JTA first....I thought arriving early for the 7 am opening could get us a ride first then head over to sign ups...but with four kids and the priority to get all four in the same show I’m better off signing up first with everyone and then we all head over to TSL. We have two mornings planned at HS so this will really only have to be the first day.

I'm pondering the same question for September 1. They just added EMH for our day (8-9) and touring plans is predicting crowd levels of 4 for HS that day. We have FP for SDD later that day and for Aliens a different day. I'm a little concerned about afternoon storms impacting our SDD FP, but at the moment I'm still leaning towards doing the JTA signups first. I'd really like to get a morning slot so that it's not as horribly hot and less chance of getting rained out.

All of this will depend on what happens with our first HS day (we're there in the afternoon so I'm expecting long lines, but it's also predicted to be a pretty low-crowd day) and the weather forecasts.

How long should I budget for JTA signups to take if I do it first thing? I'm aiming to get there by 7:45 at the latest, hopefully a little earlier but we'll see how getting the kids out the door goes...

I was there this last week. We did the 7 am rope drop, rode the Alien Ride, TSMM, RRR and then went to Jedi Training Academy. All the show times were still available and there was no sign up line. I signed up 3 kids. When we went back at 10 something for our show all the shows after 1:20 were available. I would go to Toy Story Land first and then do Jedi Training.

We are in the same boat. For my son Jedi Training is a must-do. We haven't been able to get a fast pass for SDD so I was thinking of signing up for Jedi, then checking the times on the app to see if we should try and wait for SDD in the morning or try later during Fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!