Japan Trip Update/Report

Was that because of the guests or the cast members? When we rode it on our last trip - it was ... amazing / frustrating how many guests didn't know to buckle their seatbelt or, when told, *how* to buckle their seatbelt.
It was a little of both. At first it was the cms not giving good directions for where people were supposed to line up so people were just going everywhere. Then it was guests not listening when she said to wait before walking to the ride. Then it was guests not knowing how to push their seatbelt in all the way

Your fp ticket will tell you at the bottom when you can get another fp. It will either be your return time of the current fp, or 2 hours (if return time is more than 2 hours away).
That sounds right. We aren’t very familiar with the paper fp so we’ve just been trying to do our best with it

The one thing I’m missing most is a peanut butter sandwich lol. Might sound dumb but that’s something I eat a lot of at home. Oh and milk! Milk here tastes terrible. Milk is my favorite drink of all time and I feel deprived. Otherwise, just the way we season things vs how they season them here. Most everything is teriyaki, soy sauce, or vinegar here. I’ve still had lots of things I’ve liked though
Hey, it is always funny how taste rears its head on vacation. I have had really bad Italian in the US (and I am good with Italian or Italian-American). One of the best ever that I had was in a business hotel in Taipei. I almost died in delight. :love: Because somehow, when I travel, red sauce is what I miss most.

Hey, it is always funny how taste rears its head on vacation. I have had really bad Italian in the US (and I am good with Italian or Italian-American). One of the best ever that I had was in a business hotel in Taipei. I almost died in delight. :love: Because somehow, when I travel, red sauce is what I miss most.
Being away from home for three weeks is a little too long for me. It was necessary with how much we wanted to do but I miss my kitties lol

Trip Report-Day 15

• Paid 500 yen to do the Arabian coast games. The person probably thought I was terrible but I was losing on purpose to get a pin lol. We chose the Chandu pin which is so cute

Loving your trip report - hoping to visit in September. Can you explain at bit more why you were losing on purpose? Is the pin like the pins we trade at DL and WDW?

Yea the pin is like what you would buy at wdw. They’re pretty cute and say Tokyo Disney on the back. It’s less than $5 which is pretty good for a pin. If you win you get a stuff animal (disneysea) or pillow (Disneyland) which are actually pretty big. The ones we got at Disneyland look like pins but are keychains. We’re still gonna hang them on our pin board at home

The one thing I’m missing most is a peanut butter sandwich lol. Might sound dumb but that’s something I eat a lot of at home. Oh and milk! Milk here tastes terrible. Milk is my favorite drink of all time and I feel deprived. Otherwise, just the way we season things vs how they season them here. Most everything is teriyaki, soy sauce, or vinegar here. I’ve still had lots of things I’ve liked though
Oh man I'm gonna have to bring my own milk if I go to Japan 🤪

I know what you mean about peanut butter... I love it..... When we travel... I found those peanut butter to go's... and use them when we travel, and my grandson loves them, I put a couple in a plastic container, with some crackers in a ziploc and a plastic spoon, throw it in the day bag, and we are good to go... I used to put a plastic knife in the container, they took my plastic knife going through security once so now I just bring a plastic spoons...

DH nor I are milk people... so we will be okay with no milk while there...

When we were in Paris... we wanted a fountain coke with ice... which the only place we found them was a McDonald's and then getting ice was a whole thing... Thankfully at DLP we would stop every morning and on the way back at night to get a fountain coke with ice... We were dragging so the caffeine was needed.... There is a McDonalds in the Downtown Disney area... the cokes in the park tasted like they mixed diet and regular coke, and not much fizz... Please tell me I can get a regular coke with ice in Japan...? ::yes::

I know what you mean about peanut butter... I love it..... When we travel... I found those peanut butter to go's... and use them when we travel, and my grandson loves them, I put a couple in a plastic container, with some crackers in a ziploc and a plastic spoon, throw it in the day bag, and we are good to go... I used to put a plastic knife in the container, they took my plastic knife going through security once so now I just bring a plastic spoons...

When we were in Paris... we wanted a fountain coke with ice... which the only place we found them was a McDonald's and then getting ice was a whole thing... Thankfully at DLP we would stop every morning and on the way back at night to get a fountain coke with ice... We were dragging so the caffeine was needed.... There is a McDonalds in the Downtown Disney area... the cokes in the park tasted like they mixed diet and regular coke, and not much fizz... Please tell me I can get a regular coke with ice in Japan...? ::yes::
I tried a peanut butter sandwich from 7-11 but it was like whipped peanut butter. It was really gross. There are definitely some foods I take for granted at home that I’m sure I’ll be eating a lot of lol.

Yes you can get a coke with ice lol. We’ve mainly been getting bottles out of the vending machine, but I think pretty much everywhere we’ve eaten had coke. We’re actually Pepsi people and there’s only been one place with Pepsi

They just don't like ice water in France, in general. I really prefer cold drinks so I was dying every time we asked for a carafe in a restaurant & it was room temperature 100% of the time. We knew ice wasn't a "thing" there so we dealt with it but I sure missed it.

Japan is NOT anti-ice! You are allowed ice! :rotfl:

Trip Report-Day 17
I slept in a little bit and we got to the monorail station at 9:40 am. Wow are the crowds a huge difference today. So many people.
  • Got to disneysea at 9:50 am
  • Got a fp for tower of terror-had a 90 min wait (1:20-2:20)
  • Was going to ride Indiana Jones but it was already a 55 min wait
  • Was going to ride Raging Spirits but it was temporarily closed-we’re having really bad luck with rides being down
  • Rode electric railway (20 min wait)
  • Walked to mermaid lagoon. I loved the theming here!
  • Rode jumpin jellyfish (5 min wait)
  • Rode blowfish balloon race (15 min wait)-normally I wouldn’t wait long for a ride like this but we had time to kill
  • Walked through Ariel’s playground which was actually very cool. Everything here is amazingly themed
  • Rode the whirlpool (20 min wait)-again I would never wait this long for something like this but we had time to kill
  • Ate lunch at Sebastian’s Calypso Kitchen-11:15 am
    • No wait to get food
    • Syth got the seafood pizza and said it was really good for the price (700 yen). I had the sausage pizza. I missed having pizza so much. I haven’t had any since I’ve been here. We also got popcorn shrimp which was pretty good.
  • Got a fp for Indiana Jones (1:40-2:40)
  • Sat on a bench in the lost river delta. We were kind of just waiting until our tower of terror fp at 1:20.
  • Rode aquatopia (25 min wait)-there are two sides to the ride so we chose the other side
  • Got chocolate popcorn-I liked this one, the soy sauce one is still my favorite so far
  • Got a tropical fruits Minnie popsicle. This was my favorite snack so far!
  • Rode tower of terror with a fp-this was even better the second time, I like the theme here a lot more than twilight zone, it’s creepier
  • Got a fp for journey (9:35-10)
  • Rode Indiana jones with a fp-I really liked this, we’ve never done the one in California so it was all new for us, it’s similar to dinosaur but much smoother and more to see on the ride
  • I rode again single rider, syth went back to the hotel while I did this (you just go up to the fp line and say single rider)-only took 10 minutes
  • I tried the lottery by myself for big band beat because I thought why not and I won lol. Syth wasn’t with me though so I probably won’t use the ticket.
  • I went back to the hotel after to take a break. I slept until 7 pm!
  • Got to disneysea at 8 pm. Watched fantasmic back by the arch to come into the park. This was actually a decent spot for coming last minute. You can’t get good pictures but I could see mostly everything
  • Got salted popcorn. This seriously was my favorite so far. I liked trying the new flavors but the original is the best
  • Every other food stall we saw was closed
  • Tower of terror closed its regular line over an hour before park close which we thought was weird
  • Rode raging spirits (45 min wait)-syth had to get checked for his height to see if he was too tall lol. He was barely short enough. This was okay. Definitely not worth the 45 min wait. It was really short.
  • Literally ran to our journey fp and got there at 10 pm on the dot. They let us ride and we were the very last people on the ride. It was so awesome to be the last ones. The cm told us we had a private elevator lol. We had our own car to ride in too.
Overall a pretty successful day at disneysea. We got to relax a little more and reride some things. We have the most fun when we get to sit and just take in the atmosphere which we got to do today. The fireworks were cancelled because of high winds but we didn’t care to watch them that much anyway.

Attachments

• 5289AA60-810D-45E0-A199-FE60800F241D.jpeg
    5289AA60-810D-45E0-A199-FE60800F241D.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 45
  • C3597A5E-BB37-40FC-8275-36ABD49DE952.jpeg
    C3597A5E-BB37-40FC-8275-36ABD49DE952.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 46
  • B9B040A7-7087-4FF1-BF3D-0E5A0CD530B9.jpeg
    B9B040A7-7087-4FF1-BF3D-0E5A0CD530B9.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 477836C7-570E-44B4-AD5A-719035CE8BEC.jpeg
    477836C7-570E-44B4-AD5A-719035CE8BEC.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 46
  • C66BE5F0-9DDB-4A40-8884-E70CC7A7B4DA.jpeg
    C66BE5F0-9DDB-4A40-8884-E70CC7A7B4DA.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 921DC37B-DBFB-4AE5-897A-8F3096BECBC1.jpeg
    921DC37B-DBFB-4AE5-897A-8F3096BECBC1.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 49
Literally ran to our journey fp and got there at 10 pm on the dot. They let us ride and we were the very last people on the ride. It was so awesome to be the last ones. The cm told us we had a private elevator lol. We had our own car to ride in too

What a cool way to end your day at DisneySea! Are you hoping to explore the MiraCosta before you leave? One of the bars has a really nice view over DisneySea, so it's a good spot to relax with a drink in the evening.

What a cool way to end your day at DisneySea! Are you hoping to explore the MiraCosta before you leave? One of the bars has a really nice view over DisneySea, so it's a good spot to relax with a drink in the evening.
It was a very cool to end the day like that! We didn’t think we would make it but we sprinted all the way from raging spirits to journey. The cms clapped for us when we got there lol.

We tried going into the MiraCosta through disneysea and they said only if we were checking in. Is there another entrance you can go in? I doubt we’ll go now because today is our last day

We tried going into the MiraCosta through disneysea and they said only if we were checking in. Is there another entrance you can go in? I doubt we’ll go now because today is our last day

Oh really? We didn't have any problems. But, we did it ... maybe 30 minutes before the park closed. Perhaps they waive that restriction at night? Or maybe it's a new restriction - we last did it in 2016. Enjoy your final Disney day!

Oh really? We didn't have any problems. But, we did it ... maybe 30 minutes before the park closed. Perhaps they waive that restriction at night? Or maybe it's a new restriction - we last did it in 2016. Enjoy your final Disney day!
We went in the afternoon. They said are you checking in? We said no we just wanted to look around and they kind of laughed at us so we just left lol

So far our day has been good even with the crowds!

They just don't like ice water in France, in general. I really prefer cold drinks so I was dying every time we asked for a carafe in a restaurant & it was room temperature 100% of the time. We knew ice wasn't a "thing" there so we dealt with it but I sure missed it.

Japan is NOT anti-ice! You are allowed ice! :rotfl:

Thank goodness... I was worrying about learn how to ask for ice in Japan... I did figure it out in Paris... while my french is not very good, I did figure out the best way ask for it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!