January hours

BAST

DIS Veteran
Anyone notice how the January hours for MK and MGM have been extended for an hour? We will be in WDW 1/21 through 1/31 and I wonder if the crowds are going to be larger than normal?

ALSO, they have added a Spectromagic on Tuesday 1/28!!!!

Sounds like that is the week after MLK week-end. We were there last year the week before the MLK week-end and saw crowds increase as the holiday week-end drew nearer. My guess is that the crowd will be a little higher that week for that reason.

Jordan's mom

MLK day is January 20th, so the extended hours coincide with that but also extend for the rest of the month of January.

We will be there the same week -- I'm hoping it won't be a repeat of our last winter visit when LA schools were out for the week and it was packed! (that was the 2nd week of Feb)

I also noticed the extended hours today. Woo-hoo!

Also note that the MK now has Fire in the Sky scheduled for every day of the week, and they added a mid-week Spectromagic performance.

This isn't necessarily an informed opinion, rather a reasonable guess. Since Disney knows how many advance reservations they have for any given period, obviously they can forecast attendance levels. Reservations must have somewhat exceeded their initial estimates to justify the extended hours.

We last visited in September '02, and they did the same thing back then--extended the MK hours and added Spectromagic / FITS presentations. But at that time I suspected it had more to do with the ticket price increases that had just occurred.

Whatever the case, it's not like the park attendance is going to suddenly double over the historical precedent. When we visited in September, all but a handful of attractions were walk-ons or a 5 min wait, and I'm expecting largely the same thing this time.

That's great news! I hope they add some Spectro's in Feb during the time that I am there! Hope you guys all have great trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter