January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Ugh it feels like the AP room only discount will be following the 2014 Discount release of Mid November. I'm going to be so annoyed at that point. I keep checking every day.

Ugh it feels like the AP room only discount will be following the 2014 Discount release of Mid November. I'm going to be so annoyed at that point. I keep checking every day.

Ugh...my trip starts on 1/18 and I really want to get the 60 day window for FP+ I am beginning to wonder if I should just book and then change for the AP discount whenever it comes out

Ugh...my trip starts on 1/18 and I really want to get the 60 day window for FP+ I am beginning to wonder if I should just book and then change for the AP discount whenever it comes out

I would I'm booked but I was hoping for a Discount before I make my full payment but I feel as if that's not going to happen in time.

sigh, I’m still checking a couple times a day too, and getting pretty frustrated.
Earlier this year we couldn’t get a decent AP rate for a sept trip and ended up booking on expedia.
Getting the booking numbers for FP+ and the MME was a huge hassle, and I was hoping to avoid that for the feb trip.

I bought an AP for the first time last month and will be activating it on my trip in January. The voucher is linked to my MDE but I'm not able to see the room discounts for some reason. When I click on the link from the passholder discount page it directs me to a page to purchase AP's. When I am looking at the regular room rates, the site states I can sign in to see other rates (passholder, resident, military) and when I do so nothing new populates into the choices. Any idea what is going on?

I bought an AP for the first time last month and will be activating it on my trip in January. The voucher is linked to my MDE but I'm not able to see the room discounts for some reason. When I click on the link from the passholder discount page it directs me to a page to purchase AP's. When I am looking at the regular room rates, the site states I can sign in to see other rates (passholder, resident, military) and when I do so nothing new populates into the choices. Any idea what is going on?

I would probably call. To get the rates and ensure the AP is properly linked.

Does the AP need to be active to get the AP rates? Technically you are not eligible for AP discounts until you activate your pass is my guess, otherwise people could keep in inactive for long periods of time but still cash in on the discounts.

Does the AP need to be active to get the AP rates? Technically you are not eligible for AP discounts until you activate your pass is my guess, otherwise people could keep in inactive for long periods of time but still cash in on the discounts.

I got one last year when my AP was not active. I did have the voucher linked in MDE. Plus - vouchers expire now - so you couldn't hold it in there forever.

You can book the discount before your pass is active but it is supposed to be active when you check in. You may be asked to show your AP card at check in. If you haven't activated it before then, they give you 24 hours to do it. Then you return to the check in desk with your proof or they can cancel your AP discount. That's how it is supposed to work anyway. I have had an AP for a few years now & I think the CMs can see the active pass in my account. I don't know if there is a code on your reservation or anything to indicate they need to check that the pass has been activated. I don't think I have read any reports of people trying to get the discount & not activating the pass. You would risk paying rack rate for your whole stay without the active pass.

I called earlier and I can get the AP rate as long as I do the reservation over the phone. Since it still shows as a certificate/voucher on MDE, that's why I'm not seeing the discounts. Stinks because I wanted to compare a few different resorts so I will be calling back shortly and taking up a lot of a CM's time....unless I can find a list somewhere of the % off each resort, then I can decide which one and call. Either way it will work out!

I called earlier and I can get the AP rate as long as I do the reservation over the phone. Since it still shows as a certificate/voucher on MDE, that's why I'm not seeing the discounts. Stinks because I wanted to compare a few different resorts so I will be calling back shortly and taking up a lot of a CM's time....unless I can find a list somewhere of the % off each resort, then I can decide which one and call. Either way it will work out!

So weird when I purchased my AP in January I didnt activate until August and was able to book my August Trip with my kids under the AP room only discount.

Last edited:
So weird when I purchased my AP in January I didnt activate until August and was able to book my August Trip with my under the AP room only discount.

I wish it was that way for me so I could really compare all of the resorts and discounts. I ended up calling booking a Nemo suite at AOA....I figure after this trip it won't be an issue.

Was anyone able to get the AP discount for POFQ for Feb?
I called, the recording said the wait time was 12 min- put the music on - then after about 10-15 " the music stopped and I got the recording to press 1 if I wanted to do the survey.

Trying to decide if it's worth it to try again tomorrow.

There is absolutely nothing for my dates at POP for the AP discount. Luckily we have a room booked, but I am stunned that it's sold out completely. I am disappointed.

My dates are 01/18-1/22 and yesterday afternoon they had nothing for POP or POFQ but the did have Riverside

I’m wondering if POFQ is not available because a bunch of rooms will be out of commission for the refurb, and it’s a small resort already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter