January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

If reservations for your dates are not available online, then they are also not available by calling in. By this I mean, if you are currently looking to book a date after December 31, 2018, it is not available online or by calling in. New dates will be added both online and by calling in on the same date. I'm not sure when 2019 dates will be added.

Hope this helps.

Yes this does help, thank you! (I won't waste my time on the phone 8-))

Good morning.
I'm happy with my deals we are doing a split stay at POP and POFQ but now Im thinking of maybe getting an annual pass for one of us. We are there for 10 days and I think we should at least break even. My question is Our POP stay is Package and includes our tickets. Do I need to cancel that and get get room only and purchase tickets separately?

Good morning.
I'm happy with my deals we are doing a split stay at POP and POFQ but now Im thinking of maybe getting an annual pass for one of us. We are there for 10 days and I think we should at least break even. My question is Our POP stay is Package and includes our tickets. Do I need to cancel that and get get room only and purchase tickets separately?

No, you can go to Guest Services when you arrive and upgrade your ticket to an AP. Between the discounts on dining, shopping, tours, and free parking and Photopass, it is definitely possible to save money. However, beware of the 'hidden' extra cost known as making extra trips to Disney since you already have tickets!

Does your package include a dining plan?

From those who understand this better, if someone has a package that includes a dining plan, does upgrading to an Annual Pass do anything to affect the DP as I believe AP holders are not eligible to purchase a dining plan.

Partially asking for myself as we are getting 7 day park passes in January then returning next September for an 8 night trip. it may be finiancially less to upgrade to APs but we also like the DDP.

I can now suddenly get a "Gift of Magic" offer for all 7 of our nights at the BWI. However, we cannot afford that. So I try a split stay with part of our dates at the BWI - no dice. It is infuriating and so frustrating when I obviously know that not only is there availability for those dates at that resort, but that the room should qualify for that discount. I get that their system is at work here to maximize profits, but it is so damned annoying.

Does your package include a dining plan?

From those who understand this better, if someone has a package that includes a dining plan, does upgrading to an Annual Pass do anything to affect the DP as I believe AP holders are not eligible to purchase a dining plan.

Partially asking for myself as we are getting 7 day park passes in January then returning next September for an 8 night trip. it may be financially less to upgrade to APs but we also like the DDP.
Annual Passholders can have a dining plan. Disney added the option for AP holders to add a dining plan to their reservation. You have to call into central reservations to add a dining plan when you have an annual pass. You can't add it when booking a room online.

Nothing will affect your dining credits if you decide to upgrade your tickets to an AP. :)

Annual Passholders can have a dining plan. Disney added the option for AP holders to add a dining plan to their reservation. You have to call into central reservations to add a dining plan when you have an annual pass. You can't add it when booking a room online.

Nothing will affect your dining credits if you decide to upgrade your tickets to an AP. :)

Thank you SO much for this information!! It makes a big difference in my consideration of upgrading us to Annual Passholders!!

I keep trying numerous times each day to pick up a SPD offer for Pop. Seems futile yet each time I hit 'refresh' I get excited that this time might be the time I see something open up. :sad2:

I've just started seeing rooms at Pop open up for my dates under the Gift of Magic room offer, but not under SPD. We are there 2/7-2/13. BUT, I have been seeing things pop up more in general over the past couple of days, so don't stop checking!

I've just started seeing rooms at Pop open up for my dates under the Gift of Magic room offer, but not under SPD. We are there 2/7-2/13. BUT, I have been seeing things pop up more in general over the past couple of days, so don't stop checking!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm looking for SPD and will continue to refresh the page numerous times each day.

For future trips where the calendar isn't up/available to book online, do you simply call and place a deposit? (I'm loathe to talk on the phone if I don't have to, but if it gets me the room I want at the resort I want I'll do it...:scared:)

Actually, you can make a room only reservation up to 499 days out by calling. So, if you wanted a room between 1/1/19 and 2/22/19, you could call a book a reservation. The room rate will be based on the highest rate for that room type that is already released. Once the rates for that time are actually published the rate for the booking will be adjusted.

No, you can go to Guest Services when you arrive and upgrade your ticket to an AP. Between the discounts on dining, shopping, tours, and free parking and Photopass, it is definitely possible to save money. However, beware of the 'hidden' extra cost known as making extra trips to Disney since you already have tickets!

Thanks for that DisMommyTX! We live in Australia not sure if we will be getting back in the next 12 months, possibly my daughter :)
If I were to call and organise to have the AP added to my booking now would be able to look for further room discounts for our trip in February. Also there are special event tickets for during our trip that we are considering and these are cheaper for AP's, could I purchase them as well using an AP that is linked to my account

One further question sorry Can I get the ticket in my daughters name (she is 20) in case she dose come back

I was finally able to get the Disney Visa promotion for Pop 1/30 - 2/7. I’ll finally be able to sleep at night without waking up 15 times to check if any availability opened up.

Now just to cross my fingers for a refurbished room!

I can now suddenly get a "Gift of Magic" offer for all 7 of our nights at the BWI. However, we cannot afford that. So I try a split stay with part of our dates at the BWI - no dice. It is infuriating and so frustrating when I obviously know that not only is there availability for those dates at that resort, but that the room should qualify for that discount. I get that their system is at work here to maximize profits, but it is so damned annoying.

I had a similar issue. I couldn't get a discount for my room category unless I added 2 days to my trip. It wasn't enough of a discount to make it worth that.

Thanks for that DisMommyTX! We live in Australia not sure if we will be getting back in the next 12 months, possibly my daughter :)
If I were to call and organise to have the AP added to my booking now would be able to look for further room discounts for our trip in February. Also there are special event tickets for during our trip that we are considering and these are cheaper for AP's, could I purchase them as well using an AP that is linked to my account

One further question sorry Can I get the ticket in my daughters name (she is 20) in case she dose come back

I don't know if there are different tickets for Australia, but for domestic, yes you can buy her AP. Only rooms booked in her name and her tickets to special events (like the Christmas Party) would be discounted. However, one AP can be used to discount meals for up to 4 people. In the past they just checked one per party, but on our last trip they had to verify multiple AP's to discount our whole party of 7-12 people. One AP is also sufficient to get unlimited photopass downloads for everyone on her friends and family list.

If you have specific dates and/or resorts in mind, there are threads where people who already have AP don't mind checking for you, just to see if there is any availability.

I was able to snag a POP Standard too when I previously found nothing. Saved me $90 which is great but makes it all that much harder to rationalize upgrading to AKL!

I hear ya! We will have our coats and such as we will need them for when we leave and arrive back. But has for needing to wear them down there I doubt we will need it. I’ll probably just be good with a warm sweatshirt for the evening/night time. I live in Massachusetts and handle the cold pretty well.
We are from Massachusetts as well.

I was finally able to grab a CSR standard room using the Disney Visa discount for my trip in mid-February. My original reservation was $206 per night. Gift of Magic took it down to $174. Now, I am down to $154 with the Visa discount. Happy to stop checking for an available room.

I was finally able to get the Disney Visa promotion for Pop 1/30 - 2/7. I’ll finally be able to sleep at night without waking up 15 times to check if any availability opened up.

Now just to cross my fingers for a refurbished room!

Am I missing something or is the VISA Discount the same as the Gift of the Magic at Pop? I currently have gift of magic but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on more!

I saw availability open up for pop during our dates as well....I have been on hold with a cast member trying to get ahold of guest services to change my resi for 45 minutes, this is crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!