January Discounts

donac

Wife, mother, math teacher, quilter
Has there been any rumors about Jan discounts. I will be getting there the day of the marathon and staying until Friday or Saturday. I have never been in January before.

I'm waiting to hear something too! We're planning a January trip to surprise my daughter for her 10th birthday. I heard that we are looking at September for anything to be announced.

Looks like Jan hours are rolling out at 180. Tomorrow is my 180, been waiting FOREVER! Wish me luck! Going for BOG on day 2 for dinner.

also going in Jan and anxiously waiting. so far the hours for my trip suck. MK closing at 7 pm on a Sat?! that is insane.

The last three years, room discounts for the following January were announced at the end of September or early October. For January 2014, the discounts were announced the beginning of December 2013!

As for the park hours, I'm fairly confident that what we see, right now, won't be the same hours once the park opens that day.

My 180 day was last Friday and it is very annoying that the park hours are not being released until 180 days out. I made all of my ADR's but some of the EMH are going to make me have to change them.

I also saw that for the last few years the January discounts have been released at the end of September. Lets keep each other updated if we hear anything!

I know that the AP discount for January 2017 was released towards the end of October 2016. I want to say that there might have been a regular discount released a month or so before. I know that I switched hotels in September with the regular room discount and then applied the AP discount at the end of October when it was released.

Don't get your hopes up. I'm going in October during a non holiday weekend and a time that use to have a lot of discounts and when they released the winter discount there was 0 available for my dates (possibly because of people in room but still). On top of that marathon weekend is usually not included in discounts because they know people will stay.

Last year we booked at the end of September for Marathon weekend and the discount had just been announced. I expect something like that this year.

Marathon weekend is the first weekend in January.

Following and hopeful for a Stay Play Dine discount for January 1-8. This is our first time trying the DP and a discount would be a pleasant surprise, just hope it doesn't mean changing resorts.

Is it true that they will add a discount, even if you already booked, as long as your reservation qualifies?

Thanks!

yes, if your reservation qualifies for a newly released promotion (and there are rooms available) you can add it. I've done it twice and HOPE that I can do it again for upcoming trips I have already booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!