****Official January 2021 thread****

Joining in here! I've got a DVC booking for Marathon Weekend and the week following. Fingers crossed everything's up and running and Marathon Weekend all happens as planned--this is going to be my first marathon, and it's my housemate's first WDW trip (and a birthday trip for her to boot). Already picked our must-do ADRs, so I've just got to wait two months to book those now....

Joining in here! I've got a DVC booking for Marathon Weekend and the week following. Fingers crossed everything's up and running and Marathon Weekend all happens as planned--this is going to be my first marathon, and it's my housemate's first WDW trip (and a birthday trip for her to boot). Already picked our must-do ADRs, so I've just got to wait two months to book those now....
I've rented DVC points, got Dopey booked for the DW yesterday, and we're going to hop on the cruise for the CC Challenge.

I'm hopeful that this will all go, but until WDW reopens, other big races actually start, and the cruises take passengers again, I'm a bit scared.

Tentatively still planning for weekend of Jan 22nd-not sure for how long exactly. Especially now that the passes we activated Jan 4 this year will still be good. It is supposed to be DCP alumni Reunion weekend-hope they still do that. We missed the first 2. Probably just DH and I, although one of our kiddos is also an alumni-she will be in grad school in Seattle though, so looonnngg way to go. If they have the discount rooms we will stay wherever they end up! I've got mixed feelings on January, yes it is cooler but it's also been downright COLD, and other times hot lol.

I've rented DVC points, got Dopey booked for the DW yesterday, and we're going to hop on the cruise for the CC Challenge.

I'm hopeful that this will all go, but until WDW reopens, other big races actually start, and the cruises take passengers again, I'm a bit scared.
Oof, I don't blame you. With the DVC booking locked in and prepaid (I rented points too), I'm in a position where I'm planning to go and make the best of it if WDW is open in basically any meaningful capacity. I'm registered for the marathon--congrats on getting into Dopey! Basically at this point I'm just waiting until November-ish before I commit to adding the Dining Plan we'd decided on since that's another prepayment I won't get back if things go south.

Oof, I don't blame you. With the DVC booking locked in and prepaid (I rented points too), I'm in a position where I'm planning to go and make the best of it if WDW is open in basically any meaningful capacity. I'm registered for the marathon--congrats on getting into Dopey! Basically at this point I'm just waiting until November-ish before I commit to adding the Dining Plan we'd decided on since that's another prepayment I won't get back if things go south.

Registering for Dopey was one of the most stressful things I've ever done. It's worse than getting a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance!

I'm also worried about dumping any more money into this than I absolutely have to. I've paid the deposits for everything, but the cruise PIF date is in September, as well as the DVC reservation date. I rented private, so I'm not going to screw the points owner, that's not me. But I'm waiting to pay for things like cruise insurance and anything else until I see more stuff getting opened up.

We don't use the DDP, we don't drink enough to make it worth it :drinking1

Registering for Dopey was one of the most stressful things I've ever done. It's worse than getting a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance!

I'm also worried about dumping any more money into this than I absolutely have to. I've paid the deposits for everything, but the cruise PIF date is in September, as well as the DVC reservation date. I rented private, so I'm not going to screw the points owner, that's not me. But I'm waiting to pay for things like cruise insurance and anything else until I see more stuff getting opened up.

We don't use the DDP, we don't drink enough to make it worth it :drinking1
I've never used the DDP before and always assumed it wouldn't be a good value for me and mine, but I did the math and uh...we do drink enough. :rotfl: And it just makes things less awkward in general in terms of covering someone else's costs without them feeling like they have to read the menu from right to left at every meal.

After realizing all my plans are sunk for this year, I just decided to take a long adult only weekend over my milestone birthday in Jan. My DH really does not like WDW at all, but has agreed to go and seethe only on the inside. If he bails I shall go solo!

Now to plan! I have all the pre-planning tingles! An adult trip? Omg, so exciting!

I will not cry if covid also cancels this trip. I will not cry if covid also cancels this trip. I will not cry if covid also cancels this trip. I will not cry if covid also cancels this trip.

Can we just change the title to "Official January 2021" already? lol

I'm currently planning my second trip to WDW from Jan 4-19th. Both my partner and my teenage son will be experiencing their first time. They have both been to DLR many times as we are from the West coast.
got all my ADRs planned out...just waiting on that July 8th booking day!

I look forward to seeing y'all's plans. :)

We decided to book a quick getaway in January 2021. Booked the Poly from the 4th to the 8th. Hopefully most of the New Years crowd will be gone and have a couple of days before the marathon crowd shows up. Probably going to be a non park trip this time anyways. Just to get away and relax and get out of the cold of Canada for a week.

My family (three generations) rented points from a disboards member and have reserved two 2BR villas at BLT for 1/17/21-1/24/21. Three of the ten of us are high risk so I feel like it’s a 50/50 proposition at this point whether we’ll be able to go as scheduled. The member we booked from has already said she would rebook us if necessary (conditional on availability of course), which would give us through 8/31/21 to make the trip. But I hope we can do it as scheduled!! I went in January 2019 for 8 nights and it was a great trip (although VERY cold at times).

I posted my question in the main "park reservations" thread but it quickly got buried :). Does anyone here have room only reservations for January 2021 and will be trying to get park reservations next week?

I have a January 2021 room only reservation. If I am switching to a package per the excerpt below, what changes in terms of deposit and cancellation policies? I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the changes!

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations."

I posted my question in the main "park reservations" thread but it quickly got buried :). Does anyone here have room only reservations for January 2021 and will be trying to get park reservations next week?

I have a January 2021 room only reservation. If I am switching to a package per the excerpt below, what changes in terms of deposit and cancellation policies? I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the changes!

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations."
I'm hoping some clarity will develop on the 24th and 25th. I have a DVC reservation starting 1/17 - is that "room only"? We weren't planning on buying tickets for a while because there's a chance we would move back our reservation if it makes more sense to go in April or August that January. But if we wait to buy park tickets, is there a chance all the reservations for our dates will be taken? My understanding is you have to buy the tickets first and then make the reservations - what if you buy the tickets and can't get some or all of the reservations? If I buy the tickets and make the reservations for 1/17-1/24 and then we push back our trip, will we be able to move our park ticket reservations? This plus no more free magic bands (it's not even the money, I just like Magic Bands because they're fun accessories) and more importantly a coronavirus outbreak in my professional community, and I have just about had it today. :crazy2:

I'm also in the "DVC room only" boat. I haven't been able to purchase park tickets yet, but I do want first crack at the system.

My understanding is you have to buy the tickets first and then make the reservations - what if you buy the tickets and can't get some or all of the reservations?
I should have done my homework before posting - just went and read the Disney website and they say this, which answers at least one of my questions: "Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets. "

I think I will end up calling on 6/24 to turn my trip into a "package" with tickets, so I can make reservations, contingent on the answers I get when I call re: being able to move dates. Looks like I need to call a family Zoom meeting this weekend!

I think I will end up calling on 6/24 to turn my trip into a "package" with tickets, so I can make reservations, contingent on the answers I get when I call re: being able to move dates. Looks like I need to call a family Zoom meeting this weekend!
I'm not sure whether I want to wade into the chaos next week to keep my hope alive for a January 2021 trip or just resign myself to the fact that it's probably not worth the hassle!

Greetings January friends! 2021 ticket packages went on sale today and I got in for a January 7th stay at Art of Animation. I had also previously scheduled a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge starting on January 11th, so we'll have a split stay coming up, first time we're doing that and hopefully second trip to WDW. Our original second trip was scheduled for last month and obviously was cancelled along with everyone else.

Looking forward to a new way of planning with you all. After not getting to use our dining reservations and fast passes we booked, will be interesting to see how dining reservations at 2 months out and no fast passes go this time around.

Greetings January friends! 2021 ticket packages went on sale today and I got in for a January 7th stay at Art of Animation. I had also previously scheduled a stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge starting on January 11th, so we'll have a split stay coming up, first time we're doing that and hopefully second trip to WDW. Our original second trip was scheduled for last month and obviously was cancelled along with everyone else.

Looking forward to a new way of planning with you all. After not getting to use our dining reservations and fast passes we booked, will be interesting to see how dining reservations at 2 months out and no fast passes go this time around.
I also got through today. I had a room only reservation at French Quarter, but that's one of the resort's not scheduled to reopen, so I had to switch to Carribean Beach.

I also got through today. I had a room only reservation at French Quarter, but that's one of the resort's not scheduled to reopen, so I had to switch to Carribean Beach.
Nice, I actually almost went there because that's where we went the first time, but then decided to try out the little mermaid rooms in AoA. We did really enjoy the laid back feel of CBR though. Really nice rooms. We actually stayed there just after the room remodels were completed.

My daughter and I will be part of the January 2021 group!!! This will be our first trip in over 6 years. We used to go all the time and this is the longest we have been between trips. Wow there is gonna be so many new things for us to learn and do! So many changes have happened. We have wanted to do a Mother/Daughter trip for so long. Just gotta keep our fingers crossed that everything goes ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter