January 2019

Ditto. I'm going in November with a FD package. Because I also going in January I am going to update to an AP and shoot for a good room only discount for January.

Going 1/26-2/2. Anxiously awaiting release of discounts! Got Stay Play Dine last year. Hoping for Disney Visa room discount this year. Sure hope it's still 25% on values!

I'm a wreck waiting for these discounts. I might need to call out 'sick' the day they are announced. Mental health and all lol

I see that most of the specials listed on the WDW website are to be booked by October 7 - Is it too much to expect that we may have Play Stay and Dine / Room Discounts released that week after?

Does anyone remember what the room only discount was for CBR for January 2018? I can only book general public discounts and am trying to guesstimate what a room discount might be on a standard room. Off to try to see if I can dig it up :)

Hello everyone! I plan on booking for January 2019. I’m expecting a call tonight or tomorrow from my travel agent. I’m just learning that there could be some kind of discount coming out by reading this thread. Do travel agents still book discounts? Like if I book something was she help me try to get an improvement in my booking? Really sure how all of this works LOL. Also do only certain hotels have specials? Thanks!

For those that will find this of interest:

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine:

2018 Travel - released 10/3/17 VISA, released 10/3/17 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add'l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's been rumors EVERY year since then that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2018-calculation-thread.3638155/ *(there are also threads for '15, '16 and '17 linked in the first comment on the 2018 thread)

EDIT: I believe in all instances these release dates ALSO coincide with the release of Room Only Discounts for Travel Dates in January/February (and sometimes beyond).

Last edited:
For those that will find this of interest:

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine:

2018 Travel - released 10/3/17 VISA, released 10/3/17 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add'l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's been rumors EVERY year since then that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2018-calculation-thread.3638155/ *(there are also threads for '15, '16 and '17 linked in the first comment on the 2018 thread)

Thank you! Do you happen to know the room only release dates?

This is my first time booking a trip to Disney. Already have reservations made and a discount will be a bonus. In recently signed up for the Disney credit card (no fee one) for the small perks and possibility of a discount for credit card holders. Do they usually get discounts earlier than public? Is it out on the Disney site with the other offers? I check the Disney site daily but want to see if I should be checking elsewhere too. Thank you!

This is my first time booking a trip to Disney. Already have reservations made and a discount will be a bonus. In recently signed up for the Disney credit card (no fee one) for the small perks and possibility of a discount for credit card holders. Do they usually get discounts earlier than public? Is it out on the Disney site with the other offers? I check the Disney site daily but want to see if I should be checking elsewhere too. Thank you!

Hello! I know others on here are much for knowledgeable, but I have seen sometimes when they give Visa holders a 2 day head start and then other years they are same day as public release.

I see you liked my comment a few posts ago...that literally documents every discount release for Jan over the past 5 years and shows where Visa for a head start and didn’t. I’d say here is the best spot to find out about when they release :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!