*** January 2019 Thread ***

So with flight itineraries starting to be released Ive begun checking to see the cheapest flights. So far Delta economy is the cheapest at $705.60, main cabin is still cheapest at $905.60. Unfortunatly fro these flights we have to drive 2 hours and pay to park for the days of our trip (still cheaper than the non direct flights out of the closer airports) were' still not sure if we'll just drive or if the time we save flying is worth the extra cost. It's cheaper to drive since we still need to rent a car and pay for all that crap but $700 for Jan isn't bad. I honestly thought Spirit would be cheaper but it's not...

So with flight itineraries starting to be released Ive begun checking to see the cheapest flights. So far Delta economy is the cheapest at $705.60, main cabin is still cheapest at $905.60. Unfortunatly fro these flights we have to drive 2 hours and pay to park for the days of our trip (still cheaper than the non direct flights out of the closer airports) were' still not sure if we'll just drive or if the time we save flying is worth the extra cost. It's cheaper to drive since we still need to rent a car and pay for all that crap but $700 for Jan isn't bad. I honestly thought Spirit would be cheaper but it's not...

Is that per person or for your whole travel party? How long is the drive?

Is that per person or for your whole travel party? How long is the drive?

The $705.60 is for 4 people round trip. There are downfalls to flying such as it's an additional cost, we have to drive 2 hrs to the airport (so for the 9:45 am flight we'd have to wake around 4:30 am) we'd have to pay for one checked bag but we'd be on Florida and home in 4 hrs.

Driving is about $350 cheaper however it's 16 hrs if we only stop for gas, if we stop for the night then that adds an additional $100.

Either way we have to rent a car and flying has a few smaller fees but my husband said if it's only $350 more to fly than flying would be worth it in his opinion. We won;t book the flight just yet he wants to wait for southwest and he'd actually prefer to fly frontier but unless frontier is much cheaper then Id like to fly delta instead since economy includes a carry on and a personal item.Frontier you pay for every bag aside from your personal item. IDK about southwest. We are also looking at flights with no stops so...yeah

IDK why spirit airlines is so much more expensive than delta and allegiant.

The $705.60 is for 4 people round trip. There are downfalls to flying such as it's an additional cost, we have to drive 2 hrs to the airport (so for the 9:45 am flight we'd have to wake around 4:30 am) we'd have to pay for one checked bag but we'd be on Florida and home in 4 hrs.

Driving is about $350 cheaper however it's 16 hrs if we only stop for gas, if we stop for the night then that adds an additional $100.

Either way we have to rent a car and flying has a few smaller fees but my husband said if it's only $350 more to fly than flying would be worth it in his opinion. We won;t book the flight just yet he wants to wait for southwest and he'd actually prefer to fly frontier but unless frontier is much cheaper then Id like to fly delta instead since economy includes a carry on and a personal item.Frontier you pay for every bag aside from your personal item. IDK about southwest. We are also looking at flights with no stops so...yeah

That is a pretty good price for four people round trip - we usually pay $300-350ish each for round trip (non-stop).

That is a pretty good price for four people round trip - we usually pay $300-350ish each for round trip (non-stop).

It's a pretty no frills flight. Delta does include a carry one and a personal item but no checked bags and no reserve seating so its possible the 4 of us would be split up...especially my son who will be 12 years old. My 3 (will be 4 when we go) will probably stick with one of us no matter what. We live in an area with seasons and sometimes heavy snow so I worry the flight may be cancelled or delayed which was my reasoning for wanting to drive in the first place. At any rate we're waiting to see what Southwest itineraries and costs are before we make our final plans for travel.

It's a pretty no frills flight. Delta does include a carry one and a personal item but no checked bags and no reserve seating so its possible the 4 of us would be split up...especially my son who will be 12 years old. My 3 (will be 4 when we go) will probably stick with one of us no matter what. We live in an area with seasons and sometimes heavy snow so I worry the flight may be cancelled or delayed which was my reasoning for wanting to drive in the first place. At any rate we're waiting to see what Southwest itineraries and costs are before we make our final plans for travel.

I would definitely wait to see what Southwest looks like... You may get a great price and bags are free!

That a no brainer. Get your tickets and fly! Saving $350 wouldn't be worth it for me. Plus it will probably turn out to be less than that.

Does anyone have suggestions on when is the time to book flights? As I understand it prices may go up due to fuel costs but also prices go down the closer to the flight it gets but you risk not being able to get all the seats you need. Would you book sooner rather than later to lock in your flights or wait and hope for cheaper?

Does anyone have suggestions on when is the time to book flights? As I understand it prices may go up due to fuel costs but also prices go down the closer to the flight it gets but you risk not being able to get all the seats you need. Would you book sooner rather than later to lock in your flights or wait and hope for cheaper?

I fly Southwest and buy as soon as the flights are released; I find that they are pretty reasonable if you get online right away the morning they are released. You can watch them after purchase and get a credit if they go down in price, or get Rapid Rewards point reimbursed if you use points to buy them. A cash credit needs to be used within one year. The last two times I flew the prices only went up, so I was glad I bought them early.

Last edited:
We are planning 1/21-27. This will be our first Disney trip EVER!

Welcome, @Milamteer! I will add you to the roll call with a TBD as your resort for now. Happy planning! Since its your first trip, feel free to ask questions! Lots of us in the group have been there many times and are happy to help.

I fly Southwest and buy as soon as the flights are released; I find that they are pretty reasonable if you get online right away the morning they are released. You can watch them after purchase and get a credit if they go down in price, or get Rapid Rewards point reimbursed if you use points to buy them. A cash credit needs to be used within one year. The last two times I flew the prices only went up, so I was glad I bought them early.

Thanks! I hope felt doesn’t go up before southwest flights are released. Jan 4th is open but not our return on the 12. :/ I’ll probably be on that site ASAP to check flights.

Well, it's official! I booked our room-only reservations today! Woo! Now to wait for the military discount to be renewed/announced.

Thanks! I hope felt doesn’t go up before southwest flights are released. Jan 4th is open but not our return on the 12. :/ I’ll probably be on that site ASAP to check flights.

You can also book one-ways if you find a good price now for your flight out...

• we are booked @pop now Jan. 4-10th. waiting for park hours to post so we can plan our days. anyone know how soon those should be announced?

We’ll be there January 18-27! Our 7 month DVC window opened this morning so we’re doing 6 nights at Boardwalk and 3 at Bay Lake Tower.

You can also book one-ways if you find a good price now for your flight out...

The flights to Florida look to be about 131 per person which is a decent price but I worry the flight back may make the flights more expensive altogether and then I’d be kicking myself for not waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter