*** January 2019 Thread ***

Got the FP+ done,here is what I did, everything we wanted was available. We are doing the HS EMM, so we did not FP+ anything at HS. I plan on hitting up ToT and RR right at rope drop while the wife and daughter enjoy the breakfast:
1/13: AK
Dinosaur
FOP
ROL

1/14: MK
BTMRR
SDMT
Splash Mt.
Dinner at California Grill at 7:40pm

1/15: Epcot
Breakfast at Akershus at 8:05am
FOA
Turtle Talk
Spaceship Earth
(Fastpasses kinda suck in Epcot, all the good rides are T1)

1/16: TS EMM then to AK
Safari
Festival of the Lion King
Navi

1/17: Daughter's Birthday at MK
Breakfast at Crystal Palace 8am
BBB 10am then the following FP+
Buzz Lightyear
SDMT
BTMRR
Dinner at BOG at 4:55pm

1/18: Epcot, Arts Festival
Breakfast at Kona at 8:05am
Soarin
Living with the Land
Nemo

1/19: Last day, flight at 8pm, spending the day at MK
SDMT
Haunted Mansion
BTMRR

As you can see, my daughter loves SDMT and BTMRR, LOL.

Got the FP+ done,here is what I did, everything we wanted was available. We are doing the HS EMM, so we did not FP+ anything at HS. I plan on hitting up ToT and RR right at rope drop while the wife and daughter enjoy the breakfast:
Dinosaur
FOP
ROL

BTMRR
SDMT
Splash Mt.

FOA
Turtle Talk
Spaceship Earth

Safari
Navi

Buzz Lightyear
SDMT
BTMRR

Soarin
Living with the Land
Nemo

SDMT
Haunted Mansion
BTMRR

Looks like a great plan! :-)

Does Disney still send out that initial info packet after you book anymore? The one that has the dates you can make FP and online check in, etc? We only booked 2 weeks ago but I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet, so just wondering.

Does Disney still send out that initial info packet after you book anymore? The one that has the dates you can make FP and online check in, etc? We only booked 2 weeks ago but I haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet, so just wondering.

I did get them when we booked! I think it took about a week.

Dinosaur
FOP
ROL

BTMRR
SDMT
Splash Mt.

FOA
Turtle Talk
Spaceship Earth

Safari
Navi

Buzz Lightyear
SDMT
BTMRR

Soarin
Living with the Land
Nemo

SDMT
Haunted Mansion
BTMRR

Looks like a great plan! DH and I will be there the same time as y'all, but we're just doing 5 park days and one day at DS. We'll be at MK the 14th and Epcot the 18th too. Like your daughter, I'm hoping to get FP for 7DMT and BTMRR too.

Got up early to schedule my FPs. Was happy to see there was good afternoon availability for FOP at 60+1. I had resigned myself to the idea that we'd have to stand in a long line to see it, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Now I have nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs until January arrives!

No, I booked directly through WDW website.

I booked through Disney directly as well (except I called) and never received my booklet. We then cancelled that reservation and made a new one online (long story) but I still haven’t received a booklet. Maybe it’s hit or miss now?

PETER PAN IS GOING TO BE CLOSED THE WEEK WE'RE THERE!

I'm so upset right now

I really REALLY wanted that to be our first ride. Ster's never been and I couldn't think of a more magical way to start a Disney trip than soaring over London. We were gonna rope drop and get to see the new queue and everything

man, I know these things happen, but that is one of my all time favorite rides, and I can't believe we're not gonna be able to go.

I'm so upset right now

I really REALLY wanted that to be our first ride. Ster's never been and I couldn't think of a more magical way to start a Disney trip than soaring over London. We were gonna rope drop and get to see the new queue and everything

man, I know these things happen, but that is one of my all time favorite rides, and I can't believe we're not gonna be able to go.
I’m sad about it too. My two year old loves it :(

I'm so upset right now

Right there with you. It was one of those rides my girls remembered and just had to ride it our next trip. Sorry not this time girls.....guess we'll have to plan another Disney trip in the future!:rolleyes1

I'm so upset right now

We’re upset too. It’s one of my moms favorite rides and I know my daughter would have loved that ride. It reminds me of the old Snow White ride which I loved.

Less than a week now till we can book fast passes.. what are the odds we get FOP? We plan on rope dropping anyway but still ..

also super bummed that Peter Pan will be down. Love that ride!

Less than a week now till we can book fast passes.. what are the odds we get FOP? We plan on rope dropping anyway but still ..

FOP doesn’t seem to be too much of a problem anymore, there were plenty available when I did mine last week. SDD is where it’s a bit harder. Nothing available until my 3rd afternoon.

Got FoP on our 60 day! A little later in the afternoon than I wanted but I grabbed it.
SDD had nothing on 60+1- did not think I would get one but I will continue to look and of course, RD!

Tickets arrived on Friday when I was at work but DS was home so he was able to stash them for me so DH didn't see. I didn't get to do the FP picks till like 11pm and it was 3 days after our initial 60 days. I got everything I wanted besides SDD. If that's the only ride we have to stand in a long line for I'm cool with that.

We are there in January - me and DH - 01/05 to 01/10 at Grand Floridian (Club Level).

We have the Military Salute tickets and was able to get *most* of my desired FP's at 60 days out. We did have a glitch where our FOP disappeared (so frustrating).

We will likely attend MK AHM on 01/07 (need to call them tomorrow to add). To do this, we'll have to sacrifice our California Grill ADR...

Got FoP on our 60 day! A little later in the afternoon than I wanted but I grabbed it.
SDD had nothing on 60+1- did not think I would get one but I will continue to look and of course, RD!

SDD is the one I'm expecting not to get so it is nice to know that should be the only real issue. We have never gone this time of year. So I'm curious about crowds at the end of January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter