*** January 2019 Thread ***

FP+ are done! I did pretty well and am happy with 95% of the times I got. I got two for FOP, so that makes me VERY happy! The only hiccup I had was that I could only get one SDD at a really late time - so I ended up moving a dinner at The BOATHOUSE to a lunch reservation and rearranging my plan for that day. But I'm happy I got one! Hopefully we will be able to ride it standby if the line isn't too ridiculous... and I did get a TSMM one for my second HS day, so that's good too since we all love that ride!

Thanks for doing this thread, brewhome!

We are going 1/12/19 - 1/17/19 -- FW.

For anyone else going during this time, our 8 yo DD would love to meet up with somebody around her age at one of the parks below to go on a few rides or see some shows with a new friend. Being an only child, she is approaching that age where parents are still somewhat cool, but making new friends would make Disney even better. We will be at:

HS - 1/13
EP - 1/14
AK - 1/16
MK - 1/17

If this matches any of your days, let us know and we can link-up in the park. She likes just about every ride and show but is still unsure if she wants to ride ToT again; first experience did not go so well. Loves SM, FoP, TSMM, and BTMRR. I do have some paper fastpasses good for up to seven people to help get through some of the more popular rides. Since there are only four of us, it would be a shame to not fill them up. The more the merrier!

Thanks for doing this thread, brewhome!

We are going 1/12/19 - 1/17/19 -- FW.

For anyone else going during this time, our 8 yo DD would love to meet up with somebody around her age at one of the parks below to go on a few rides or see some shows with a new friend. Being an only child, she is approaching that age where parents are still somewhat cool, but making new friends would make Disney even better. We will be at:

HS - 1/13
EP - 1/14
AK - 1/16
MK - 1/17

If this matches any of your days, let us know and we can link-up in the park. She likes just about every ride and show but is still unsure if she wants to ride ToT again; first experience did not go so well. Loves SM, FoP, TSMM, and BTMRR. I do have some paper fastpasses good for up to seven people to help get through some of the more popular rides. Since there are only four of us, it would be a shame to not fill them up. The more the merrier!

Welcome, @instlouis! I’ve added you to the roll call. Hope you find someone to hang out with!

Last edited:
Next trip is 1/4 to 1/10, with a group of 5. we were originally 6 and did 2 rooms at Riverside with AP discounts, but now one dropped out so we switched to a cabin at Ft Wilderness, which is going to be much cheaper plus more comfortable. Now just need to order some groceries for the kitchen. Can't believe its mid November, so soon! Is it bad I don't care about the holidays I just want to get to my trip? ha.

Next trip is 1/4 to 1/10, with a group of 5. we were originally 6 and did 2 rooms at Riverside with AP discounts, but now one dropped out so we switched to a cabin at Ft Wilderness, which is going to be much cheaper plus more comfortable. Now just need to order some groceries for the kitchen. Can't believe its mid November, so soon! Is it bad I don't care about the holidays I just want to get to my trip? ha.

Welcome, @IvyWinter, I’ve added you to the roll call! I’m with you, I feel like I’m going to just wait for the holidays to be “over with” so I can go to my happy place! :-)

Hey, everyone, @IvyWinter is our 100th January Traveler on this thread! Woo hoo!

I would love to do After Hours at the Animal Kingdom. I wonder how it would work with everyone flocking to FOP. Would it be worth it to pay for tickets and spend time in a long queue? Or am I totally off base here?
I personally don’t know if it would be worth it I imagine everyone will be heading for FOP so you would spend the whole time trying to get on that ride. Since the same thing happens ar extra magic hours, you can just do that to do the other rides and go for the fast passes for FOP

Any other offsite people worried for fast passes?? How will you all plan your days since we have to do day by day??
Right now these are my plans:
1/26 arrival day HS fireworks
1/27 Epcot
1/28 mk
1/29 ak
1/30 HS
1/31 HS
2/1 mk

Hoping since we have 2 days at HS we can get toy story at least 1 of those days

Any other offsite people worried for fast passes?? How will you all plan your days since we have to do day by day??
Right now these are my plans:
1/26 arrival day HS fireworks
1/27 Epcot
1/28 mk
1/29 ak
1/30 HS
1/31 HS
2/1 mk

Hoping since we have 2 days at HS we can get toy story at least 1 of those days

I did mine at sixty days and was only able to get one SDD for day 3 of my trip, and none for day 1. You might be ok if you try for a SDD one on your 1/30 or 1/31 days there, but you probably won’t get one for 1/26. I had no issues getting one for TSMM, and there were lots for AS2 as well.

Woo hoo - I just put in my Garden Grocer order because it’s 10% of if you order more than 60 days prior! One step closer. Now for FP+ tomorrow morning. We are going to HS two different days and I’m wondering If I should try to get SDD for both days or if I should do SDD once and TSMM once. We love TSMM and don’t want to miss it, but does anyone know how the lines have been since they opened up the second track? I wonder if we should just go for that one standby so we have two definite times to ride SDD.
Good to know about GG! Thank you! Maybe I will order early too!!

I was able to email my military salute ticket order in to SoG. Of course, they called back while we were on the plane to visit family in Texas last Wed. so I didn't get the call. I didn't have a spare moment away from DH to be able to call them back to confirm the credit card # and we arrived home last night. I'm on the phone on hold now waiting to talk to someone. Then I'll just have to wait till the tickets come in to make fp+ picks. Way better than waiting till the first week in Jan!

58 days out! Made my FP+ reservations on Sunday, just copy and pasting here from my PTR for anyone interested in the general availability of things.

Friday, 1/11
Dinosaur 10:55
EE 12:45
FOP 4:55 (pretty good availability of evening FOP times)

Saturday, 1/12
Alien Saucers 9:50
Star Tours 11:10
ToT 12:30
(SDD available in the afternoon, lots of TSM available)

Sunday, 1/13
BTMRR 9:55
Splash 11:10
7DMT 1:30 (plenty of times available)

Monday, 1/14
Soarin' 12:25
Nemo 1:25
SE 2:25

Tuesday, 1/15
SDD 10:00
ToT 11:20
RRC 12:20

Wednesday, 1/16
TT 1:30
Mission Space 2:30
SE 3:50

Thursday, 1/17
7DMT 9:40
Space 10:45
Buzz 11:55

Friday, 1/18
FOP 9:20 (plenty of morning times at 60+8)
KS 10:20
EE 11:20

Welcome, @IvyWinter, I’ve added you to the roll call! I’m with you, I feel like I’m going to just wait for the holidays to be “over with” so I can go to my happy place! :-)

Hey, everyone, @IvyWinter is our 100th January Traveler on this thread! Woo hoo!

Wooo! Lucky number 100!

So pumped for this trip. I go 2-3x a year but I have a friend who is coming who hasn't been in 15 YEARS. She only has 3 park days, so we've packed them out to the max, but im so excited for her!

I was able to email my military salute ticket order in to SoG. Of course, they called back while we were on the plane to visit family in Texas last Wed. so I didn't get the call. I didn't have a spare moment away from DH to be able to call them back to confirm the credit card # and we arrived home last night. I'm on the phone on hold now waiting to talk to someone. Then I'll just have to wait till the tickets come in to make fp+ picks. Way better than waiting till the first week in Jan!

I'm mad that we waited this long to buy them - because like you, we assumed we could pick them up on base.
My sister emailed them tonight and hopefully get the call tomorrow to finalize the order.

Can you post when you receive them? Our FP day is 11/28 and I'm hoping we get them in time.

Wooo! Lucky number 100!

So pumped for this trip. I go 2-3x a year but I have a friend who is coming who hasn't been in 15 YEARS. She only has 3 park days, so we've packed them out to the max, but im so excited for her!

That will be awesome! It’s so much fun to re-experience things with someone who hasn’t been there recently. Enjoy!

I'm mad that we waited this long to buy them - because like you, we assumed we could pick them up on base.
My sister emailed them tonight and hopefully get the call tomorrow to finalize the order.

Can you post when you receive them? Our FP day is 11/28 and I'm hoping we get them in time.

I got the confirmation email (sent to my work email so DH doesn't see) yesterday that said they would arrive FedEx on Friday. I hope they get there before I go in to work at 1:00 or between 3-4 when DS will be home but DH won't be yet. Our FP day is tomorrow so I'll be a little late but oh well. Hopefully I'll get lucky since it's just two of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts