*** January 2019 Thread ***

Hello all! My fastpass day is soon approaching. So exciting. I love reading everyone’s updates.

In other exciting news I’ve added another day and resort to my reservation! It should now be:

Saratoga Springs Jan 12-15 and Animal Kingdom Lodge Jan 15-16.

I worried about fastpasses so much for my parents but I actually could just add them without to many issues. I had to move around 7 dwarves mine to after our Ariel meet and slinky dog to 2:55 pm (making me have to move tower of terror to 4:55 pm so we can spend some time in each area and not trace the entire park back and forth) but it’s ok. Hollywood studios day kind of sucks with how it flows now but you know what...we all got fastpasses and I don’t have to worry about my parents being left out!

That’s great, @lookame, I’m glad it worked out!

Hello all! My fastpass day is soon approaching. So exciting. I love reading everyone’s updates.

In other exciting news I’ve added another day and resort to my reservation! It should now be:

Saratoga Springs Jan 12-15 and Animal Kingdom Lodge Jan 15-16.

Woo hoo, @MamaMaleficent2016, I updated the roll call to reflect your new end date and split stay. How fun!

I’m getting nervous! Second guessing myself. Family of 5 staying st the cabins for a week. Did I make the right choice? Oh god. I’m a wreck. This is so much money! I’m so afraid of making a mistake!

I’m getting nervous! Second guessing myself. Family of 5 staying st the cabins for a week. Did I make the right choice? Oh god. I’m a wreck. This is so much money! I’m so afraid of making a mistake!

The cabins are beautiful!!! When are you going?

Sometimes, life happens...BUT AFTER MORE THAN 4 YEARS, we're finally headed back home! We'll be at AS Music from 1/19 - 1/24.

This will be a daddy/daughter birthday trip - Me (1/6 b'day) and my DD10 (12/17 b'day)

I'm personally SUPER EXCITED to see my DD enjoy Disney from a whole new point of view. We both can't wait to check out everything that's changed since our last visit! For perspective, 7DMT was only about 80% done last time we were there!

Last edited:

@Treysar, try not to worry too much! I’ve heard great things about the cabins, and the most important thing is that you will be on vacation with your family at the happiest place on earth. You will have a wonderful time, I’m sure! :-)

Sometimes, life happens...BUT AFTER MORE THAN 4 YEARS, we're finally headed back home! We'll be at ASM from 1/19 - 1/24.

This will be a daddy/daughter birthday trip - Me (1/6 b'day) and my DD10 (12/17 b'day)

I'm personally SUPER EXCITED to see my DD enjoy Disney from a whole new point of view. We both can't wait to check out everything that's changed since our last visit! For perspective, 7DMT was only about 80% done last time we were there!

Welcome, @Frankiemack! I will add you to the roll call... which ASM are you staying at - Music or Movies?

You will love 7DMT! It’s such a great ride!

We stayed at the FW cabins Jan (2018). What is making you nervous? What mistake do you think you may have made? Where have you stayed with 5 in the past?

The only issue that I can see is the very small bathroom. It was a challenge for three of us. For five I can see it causing some problems. But the full kitchen and plenty of beds and the deck and the grounds more than make up for that.

We stayed at the FW cabins Jan (2018). What is making you nervous? What mistake do you think you may have made? Where have you stayed with 5 in the past?

The only issue that I can see is the very small bathroom. It was a challenge for three of us. For five I can see it causing some problems. But the full kitchen and plenty of beds and the deck and the grounds more than make up for that.
I stayed at the contemporary the only other time we went. It was hard to have that many people in 1 room, but the convenience of the monorail was awesome.

Hello all! My best friend and I are heading to Disney world for the first time in Jan, coming all the way from Aus! We managed to get all the Fast Passes we wanted including FOP, Slinky, Frozen, 7DMT and heaps of others!! Celebration time! It's probably helps that it was only 11pm for us instead of having to get up early in the morning. Just counting down the days now!!!!

Hello all! My best friend and I are heading to Disney world for the first time in Jan, coming all the way from Aus! We managed to get all the Fast Passes we wanted including FOP, Slinky, Frozen, 7DMT and heaps of others!! Celebration time! It's probably helps that it was only 11pm for us instead of having to get up early in the morning. Just counting down the days now!!!!

Welcome, @Aussie_Tinkerbell! How exciting! First visits are awesome! If you want to share your dates and resort, I can add you to the roll call! :-)

Woo hoo - I just put in my Garden Grocer order because it’s 10% of if you order more than 60 days prior! One step closer. Now for FP+ tomorrow morning. We are going to HS two different days and I’m wondering If I should try to get SDD for both days or if I should do SDD once and TSMM once. We love TSMM and don’t want to miss it, but does anyone know how the lines have been since they opened up the second track? I wonder if we should just go for that one standby so we have two definite times to ride SDD.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!