January 2018..... who will be there?

Not much of an update as I did NOTHING today. Oh not true I took a nap. Had soup for dinner. Took dogs for a walk. Yeti did not go too far, unfortunately us being sick had cut into dog walks, so I am afraid he is stiff. I am giving it a go tomorrow. I will start and I should finish it just won’t be the race I was hoping for. Bert is in the same boat. Will be interesting getting dogs yeti in and out after the race.

Hopefully some good pictures since I will not be going for time tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes.
I look forward to pictures and hearing that both of you are healthy after the race!

I will be pulling into the Fort on Sunday 14 @ 6 am. Have been stalking the web site for 3 months looking for a full site but no luck, fingers crossed for 1500.

We finished even up right. It was a tough race coming off norovirus for bert and I am not completely over it. Bert ran ahead of me most of the way. At mile 9 he had a bathroom break and saw me. Asked how I was and said struggling. I told him to go ahead. He actually had a good first have in 2:10. Right where he wanted to be. He was 6 minuets ahead of me at that point. I knew the back half would be tougher. It was cold and I never tossed my throw away coat or hat. At mile 20 bert was a head of me by 7 minuets but he slowed considerably. I got lucky around mile 22 there are some baby hills and I thought I saw him. I had been struggling since 9 so I managed to keep running till I caught him just past 22. He was walking and I needed too. He was struggling as I expected. His left leg hurt, his belly hurt, he just hurt. We basically walked the last 3 Miles. We did finish in 5:28. A PR for bert and for me I think I hit my goal of no injuries. Obviously my knee is hurting but not terrible, my belly on the other hand not so good. I am definitely still dealing with norovirus.

All the pics have not posted but here is one at the finish line.

072EDB62-D696-40E3-86D1-D4F6E3F8E926.jpeg

Congrats Kris and Bert. That is a major accomplishment coming off (or still on) a GI bug. I don't know that I would have done it.

I doubt you noticed, but the sun is making a little hidden Mickey on Bert's jersey just above his belt. More of a pirate Mickey maybe.

j

Great to see you BOTH finished that challenge as Jim said with ongoing aftereffects of GI problems that is a MAJOR accomplishment in anyone's book and a major cause for celebration as far as I am concerned
Just was wondering as you and Bert are a tad spent if you had considered reaching out to any of our fellow Dis'ers CURRENTLY AT THE FORT IF They could LEND A HAND AND HELP WITHTHE ROCK STARS FOR A WALK AND PEE BREAK AND TO GET THEM BACK IN . If we were there you wouldn't have to ask
Great Catch there Jim on Bert's shirt

Last edited:
I will be pulling into the Fort on Sunday 14 @ 6 am. Have been stalking the web site for 3 months looking for a full site but no luck, fingers crossed for 1500.

A 6am arrival time means hopefully you can negotiate a site in 1500 before any early check-in confirmations can go out for the 1500 sites that will free up that day. Get it assigned to you and locked down.

Try for a full again when you walk inside that morning. You never know.

Bama Ed

Yesterday was tough. After the race bert needed a nap though it’s not really a good idea. I did let him nap while I did a few things not much but occasionally get up and I called my mother. Then I was like get up. He felt terrible and took him quite some time to actually get out of bed. Next we had to deal with dogs. We got them out.

I made bert walk yeti and he wanted me to cancel dinner at Ca Grille. I was trying but the phone system was not cooperating and the walk did wonders for bert, as I knew would happen.

By some miracle bert was able to lift yeti and we got dogs in the rig. We headed to dinner.

At this point I was struggling bad with sick. I only had soup on Saturday night and after the marathon I managed to eat a banana and a few chips with cheese food. By dinner my stomach was cramping a lot with nothing in it. Also lots of bathroom stops. I was really miserable for dinner.

We had a not so stellar dinner. Granted I felt awful. Our server was very nice but a little scattered. I really wanted some bread for my stomach and we ordered a flat bread right away. The flat bread was good, but no bread came so next time we saw her I had to ask for bread. Am like we just ran and you did not bring bread straight to the table. Bert had a waygu and shrimp ramen. Shrimp were over cooked and the broth was meh. I had pumpkin soup. It was good and took me a while to eat it but I finished it. At that point I was so done.

Took the boat back to the campground, we had a private boat ride. Got to the beach as everyone was coming for fireworks. No way I could stay. We were in front of the trading post and then we saw it.

We saw the Falcon 9 go up and the staging because it was so clear. It was really awesome.

Next feed dogs and bed. Sorry no pics from yesterday but here are a few more from the race.

FD8F82AA-C1C9-48BC-9E39-ACC1A530C5A1.jpeg

6CEBA66C-8762-4B92-8BE4-EE5F3DE386CD.jpeg

176692DC-77B0-4752-A103-9418805945AB.jpeg

I have not gotten out of bed but I can already tell I feel better. And bonus I am hungry!

We are up and out of bed. I feel so much better. My stomach is much better. My quads are a bit sore from the marathon but my knee feels fine. Seriously I feel so good today. I guess norovirus makes you not care how much your body hurts from 26.2 miles. Bert is feeling better too. He is sore and his ankle is bothering him but he is good. Maybe I will ask him tomorrow if he wants to do another one :D.

Bert is on a call and I am sitting outside in warm weather. Oh it is good. Back to posting dog pics! Who by the way are completely off schedule due to the sickness and the race, which is NOT a good thing.

6D9D3049-88CC-4CC9-AACD-5C6A2EDF3C23.jpeg

7739E27C-D17F-455D-9EE7-E6E6CA6AC216.jpeg

5BDD2E11-F682-48A3-9B28-1972A5D38A1F.jpeg

46C806E2-60FA-4191-9704-7F672A859304.jpeg

I should mention the last pic of me and bert with my head down, I was trying hard to get him to perk up. I put my arm around him to take the pic. At that point it was less than a mile to the finish. Unfortunately the pics came up when I put my head down you could see I was smiling but I was glad to see bert take a genuine happy pic. He might not think it is genuine but it was.

I should mention the last pic of me and bert with my head down, I was trying hard to get him to perk up. I put my arm around him to take the pic. At that point it was less than a mile to the finish. Unfortunately the pics came up when I put my head down you could see I was smiling but I was glad to see bert take a genuine happy pic. He might not think it is genuine but it was.
Kris, I'm so glad you got Bert to smile!

Glad things came and went and you didn't let it deter your Marathon. Did you complete the Dopey Challenge? I didn't see if you did every race, but I saw Ryan, on the News and Rumors forum, got his medal.

j

@Teamubr no dopey for me, which is good I don’t think I could have run Saturday. I did the happy challenge. I ran the 10k and the full or maybe the mouse challenge since it was Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse.

We have been having a great time and have been to all four parks. The highlight of the day today was seeing the tiger cubs at Animal Kingdom. Loop 1700 is very quiet and both DH and I have been sleeping well.
On Sunday afternoon we came home to turkeys at our site but they moved along quickly when I informed them we were having turkey sandwiches for lunch.
Sorry no photos but I get an error message stating the file is too large for the server.
Snowmedic, DH was able to add a night to our reservation at the front desk when the on-line system showed no availability. Perhaps they may be able to help you when you arrive.
Congratulations Kris and Bert on completing the marathon. You two are tough cookies!

I know this is the camping boards, but this is also part of our Disney vacation, coming over the panhandle to see my parents and sister.

We have been here since Saturday night and have done lots of running around. We have been to the Destin Harbourwalk several times, Bass Pro, and the beaches.

Today we went over to the armament museum out side of Elgin AFB.

5A237AC6-34A5-42F0-A905-15FCF8E57722.jpeg
C8385D48-59C4-4027-9BE7-CE316854F952.jpeg
EF7EF888-A483-47FF-8486-82C84B8A8C46.jpeg

After that we went to Angler’s Pier to walk out over the Gulf. It cost 2.00 per person to walk out and 8.00 per person to fish with all day re-entry.
We also went to Krispy Kreme and got fresh donuts, we don’t have half the restaurants or donut shops y’all have down here so it’s these little things that make us happy.

After donuts we are back at my moms getting ready to soak in the hot tub.

And DD just had to put her feet in the ocean, water temp: 47

D3BAB39E-9CCE-4F47-A852-21CD3D126A3D.jpeg

658F906C-CA7C-4531-A7CA-12A28B08DAD2.jpeg We are here and it’s wonderful! I am in love with The Fort.
Getting to and from MK via boat today was a BREEZE! And the bus driver brought me straight home to my Loop (I was the only one on the bus.)
Beautiful weather, particularly nice b/c of the terrible cold we’ve had at home. Sunny now and about 74 degrees. Pretty humid last night but today has been great!

We LOVE our cabin. What a luxury to have a kitchen. Last night we went to the publix in Windermere mentioned in many posts here, and it is a nice store. We got some incredible salads and sushi.
My dogs are happy to have so many new smells to check out along all the great walking paths :)
Love it here.

>>Cast Member just came by to inspect the cabin. He told me he would be inspecting every day, “for safety and security.”

Last night we had a big celebration dinner that was a bit too much for me. I was feeling better but it was a day too early for it, but I had ressie for Monday night so had to go. We tried to use Minnie Van to get back after dinner but that was a bust. I think it was too busy but the Lyft app just kept spinning. We ditched and took monorail and boat back. Got home way too late. The good thing is dinner had some digestion time.

Got up late because I did not have to run today, but we did have to work. Here is the office.

3B8151FA-ED75-4040-B863-3924E6B41CE4.jpeg

It was really nice outside today and quite busy at work. We also had visitors

E0D2058A-3920-4A44-AF7A-CA2352734DDC.jpeg

They were quite daring but yeti never saw them.

One more marathon thing. We got special 25th anniversary running ears. I got yeti to model.

A28EC987-C589-4ED1-A4D2-A9A689954B2B.jpeg

The original plan was to cook tonight, but we were also supposed to go to the grocery store this weekend. Neither of those things happened. Need to find some place for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!