January 2018..... who will be there?

That’s so cool Ed! Sorry we missed you. Have a great lunch today everyone.

We will be checking in a day earlier than expected. Tom was able to add tomorrow to our reservation. Tiny(our 5th wheel)will be meeting us tomorrow at the 1700 loop. Tonight we are at the Art of Animation, enjoying the theming but still prefer my own RV at FW.

Ed I love the pic of you and the dapper dans. You fit right in with the red.

It’s been an exciting day. Bert was awake last evening for all of two hours but was able to help me get dogs out. Then I braced for the cold the next morning laying out running clothes and throw away clothes. I was tired from all of bert’s excitement the previous night. I did good was asleep before 10 and did not wake up until the alarm at 2:40. I promptly checked the weather, it was no different. Got up and got ready. Decided to drive to Epcot, with the shorter races road closures are not as much of a problem. I left just after 3 am. I saw @SunDial driving out of the fort too. At the time I was not sure if it was him but had a pretty good shot it was. Parked and yep it was sundial. I sat in the car and chatted. Next we headed to the rundisney disser meet up. Headed to my corral and froze.

It was interesting being in the front. I was in corral A and right at the start line. The course was so open no congestion I am used to. Unfortunately I did not stop much. It was cold, the thought of stopping and waiting was not appealing.

I did get one no line.

02BB50B8-79D5-49BE-B3A5-30CACCC1A506.jpeg

I almost ran her over. I finished exactly what my therapist suggested tempo pace, 55:18. I got a few more pics after the race and then I was freezing and super glad I had my car. Left Epcot before the buses around 6:45 and back at the rig just past 7 am to wake bert.

50915647-643A-41CC-A3E6-A6D0774ADED2.jpeg

334E3DA3-38EC-4894-B26F-C440F2944C6B.jpeg

Next up hot shower and coffee.

Last edited:

Good news after I got a shower bert was feeling a lot better. I would say we were slugs but not true. We worked and then I picked up the traveling fire pit. With the cooler temps I thought a fire would be nice. Then it was time for dismeet. See other thread for details. Back to work and now leftovers. Next a dog walk and then bed. I am super tired. Am thinking of sleeping in a bit tomorrow till 6 or so. Sunday will be another 2:40 or earlier wake up.

Ed I love the pic of you and the dapper dans. You fit right in with the red.

It’s been an exciting day. Bert was awake last evening for all of two hours but was able to help me get dogs out. Then I braced for the cold the next morning laying out running clothes and throw away clothes. I was tired from all of bert’s excitement the previous night. I did good was asleep before 10 and did not wake up until the alarm at 2:40. I promptly checked the weather, it was no different. Got up and got ready. Decided to drive to Epcot, with the shorter races road closures are not as much of a problem. I left just after 3 am. I saw @SunDial driving out of the fort too. At the time I was not sure if it was him but had a pretty good shot it was. Parked and yep it was sundial. I sat in the car and chatted. Next we headed to the rundisney disser meet up. Headed to my corral and froze.

It was interesting being in the front. I was in corral A and right at the start line. The course was so open no congestion I am used to. Unfortunately I did not stop much. It was cold, the thought of stopping and waiting was not appealing.

I did get one no line.

View attachment 292552

I almost ran her over. I finished exactly what my therapist suggested tempo pace, 55:18. I got a few more pics after the race and then I was freezing and super glad I had my car. Left Epcot before the buses around 6:45 and back at the rig just past 7 am to wake bert.

View attachment 292551

View attachment 292550

Next up hot shower and coffee.
Thanks for the pictures!

Today is the last big update I'll make on this report for us. We head home tomorrow morning but we're not sad because we'll be back very soon.

After a big day at MK yesterday we sorta slept in but I woke up and threw the chili ingredients in the crock pot to get good and hot. Then it was time for a walk around the Fort.

600 loop had a Mickey Globe with a nice simple base. My current one is a little rickety so I am on the prowl for ideas.

20180105_104900.jpg

Still in 600, I smiled when I saw the front license plate on this RV from New Hampshire.

20180105_105007.jpg

The Bike Barn looked fine.

20180105_105350.jpg

Nobody was swimming at the pool.

20180105_110837.jpg

The Sing-along area was buttoned up waiting for the nightly show.

20180105_105752.jpg

20180105_105817.jpg

Over in 1400 was another Mickey lamp base to investigate.

20180105_110047.jpg

20180105_110053.jpg

Then I headed up toward the Outpost to show my Dapper Dans Honorary Member card to my initials at the Fort.

2018-01-05 20.40.37.jpg

Posts have a 10-picture limit so it's time to roll over into a new post.

Bama Ed

Coming back I visited 1500 loop. Lots of different set-ups and rigs there.

Here was a Class C in 1500 (and parked on the coquina).

20180105_111112.jpg

In 1520 right across the road was an interesting little trailer. It was different.

20180105_111200.jpg

Here is a Class B (backed onto the coquina).

20180105_111305.jpg

Here is a hybrid.

20180105_111344.jpg

Here is my favorite site in 1500: it is 1511 which is nice and wide due to the fire lane on the left side here (that's what the sign says on the gate). The canal is behind it (the site is on the outside of the ring). I've never gotten it but wish I could reserve a specific site. If I could, this is the one.

20180105_111459.jpg

Of course, 1500 is perfect for pop-ups and tents.

20180105_111530.jpg

20180105_111631.jpg

Of course you can put as many tents on a site as will fit.

20180105_111717.jpg

As far as Christmas decorations go, only a few camper sites have any. But the big display that is in 1640 annually was still up today. It's a walk through (as in you are permitted at night to walk around the RV to get an up close look at the decorations).

20180105_112156.jpg

The sites just past 1640 on the outside that back up to the road that accesses 1600-1900 still had their big set up that I saw last year.

20180105_112335.jpg

A few remaining photos will fall into the next post.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
It's worth mentioning there are some animals at the Fort that don't get a lot of love. Squirrels are cute, turkeys are delicious, possum and raccoon are meddlesome. These get mentions and shout outs.

But nobody speaks up for the vultures, those birds with a face only a mother could love. I came across four in 1600 and scared off two but the other pair let me get some photos. One had a red head and one a black head.

20180105_111958.jpg

20180105_112059.jpg

Have you hugged a vulture today? They need love too.

More lovable than the vultures was this hawk in 400 on the utility post. It was an impressive bird.

20180105_143927.jpg

20180105_143929.jpg

20180105_143936.jpg

Good luck to all the runners Saturday and Sunday.

Bama Ed

Safe travels home, Ed! Thanks for all the great pics and reports!

Denise I won something but it was not the lottery. I now have the norovirus. Not near as bad as bert. But my stomach is not good and I just want to lay in bed. Good thing is bert feels a lot better. Having some Powerade now. I am still planning on running tomorrow good thing I was not trying to win.

It's worth mentioning there are some animals at the Fort that don't get a lot of love. Squirrels are cute, turkeys are delicious, possum and raccoon are meddlesome. These get mentions and shout outs.

But nobody speaks up for the vultures, One had a red head and one a black head.

More lovable than the vultures was this hawk in 400 on the utility post. It was an impressive bird.

Gotta watch those red heads, they can be dangerous.

I find it hard to believe a hawk was brave enough to land in the 400 loop with the squirrels as aggressive as they are in that loop. He could get mugged.

Denise I won something but it was not the lottery. I now have the norovirus. Not near as bad as bert. But my stomach is not good and I just want to lay in bed. Good thing is bert feels a lot better.

As I've told my patients before: Nothing helps a virus like spreading it. See, Bert is already doing better...

Denise I won something but it was not the lottery. I now have the norovirus. Not near as bad as bert. But my stomach is not good and I just want to lay in bed. Good thing is bert feels a lot better. Having some Powerade now. I am still planning on running tomorrow good thing I was not trying to win.
Oh no! Take care of yourself today!

Thanks Mike. I am home safe and sound.

Hate to hear Kris was sick today too. Hope she feels well tomorrow morning. For the Disney races, it's not the race itself - it's the early alarm clock and waiting for the start.

Yes, best of luck tomorrow Ed, Paula, Kris, Bert. I'll be cheering for you from home (after I wake up from catching up on my sleep and going to church). :cheer2:

Bama Ed

We are set up in site 1735. Will try to get the rest of the decor out tomorrow.
Ed, glad to here you are home safely.
Kris, hope you are feeling better.
All the best to those who are running.

Kris and Bert, hope all are feeling better soon. As well as Yeti :sick:

Not much of an update as I did NOTHING today. Oh not true I took a nap. Had soup for dinner. Took dogs for a walk. Yeti did not go too far, unfortunately us being sick had cut into dog walks, so I am afraid he is stiff. I am giving it a go tomorrow. I will start and I should finish it just won’t be the race I was hoping for. Bert is in the same boat. Will be interesting getting dogs yeti in and out after the race.

Hopefully some good pictures since I will not be going for time tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter